Martin Jol - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 09.12.2013, 07:36 PM
Team Captain

Default Martin Jol

So Shahid Khan sacked former Fulham FC manager Martin Jol last week. Fulham were underperforming and in a deep run of poor form with reports that Martin Jol had lost some of Fulhams top players such as Dimitar Berbatov. Mr. Khan appointed René Meulensteen, who had previously coached under Sir. Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, as new manager. (One of the most successful managers and successful clubs).

What does this tell us about how Shahid Khan runs hia sporting teams and what might this mean for the Jaguars?

Anyone else thinking that the appointment of René Meulensteen (coached under the top manager at the top team) somewhat mirrors that of Gus Bradley who coached at the Seaharks under Jim Mora and Pete Carroll?
Old 10.12.2013, 12:35 AM
Pro

Bradley seems a bit more charismatic than meulensteen, both likeable guys though. Can see where you're going. I don't think Fulham have any top players apart from berbatov though.
Old 10.12.2013, 07:24 AM
MVP

Oikball! Dear me what is the world coming to when this topic is raised on the Jags forum?

I need a shower.
Old 10.12.2013, 08:50 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Oikball! Dear me what is the world coming to when this topic is raised on the Jags forum?
Well I'm not a fan of it either but it does tell us something about Mr Kahn and when he is likely to pull the trigger.

Plus I think it is better for us Jags fan if Fulham stay in the prem leauge with all the cross promotional stuff Kahn is doing.
Old 11.12.2013, 11:21 AM
Pro Bowler

Wasn't a fan of the way Khan went about the whole thing. When he bought Meulensteen in, it was obvious Jol would be gone soon and was obvious he has brought him in to take over.

He might as well have just sacked Jol there and then instead of undermining him.