Bold city brigade UK chapter - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 12.02.2014, 10:27 PM
Team Captain

Default Bold city brigade UK chapter

Hi UK Jags fans,

Some exciting news to share.

Some of us on here have been talking to the US bold city brigade (http://www.boldcitybrigade.com/) about starting a UK chapter of this famous Jaguars fans organisation. This is a fan club run by the fans for the fans.

We are looking for an inital 15 UK Jaguars fans who would be interested in joining a UK chapter of the BCB. Let me know if you are interested.

Information about Bold City Brigade chapters in general:
Quote:
As we transition into this next stage of BCB we are looking for some folks that are willing to help organize Jags fans in their area through the formation of BCB Chapters. What will it take to become a chapter?
First and foremost we need a chapter leader within each chapter
the leader/leaders will help us get the chapter going and help keep things organized locally in order to maximize the members' participation.
A successful chapter will have a leader in place that is passionate about trying to build the chapter and attracting more Jags fans to sign up and join the Brigade.
You won't be all on your own. We will be there to help in any way possible. Whether that be signing members up, developing chapter relationships, chapter trips, etc
2. Designate a chapter bar
the chapter bar will serve as the place for members to gather for all Jags games/event
it will also serve as the place where new/prospective members can come see what BCB & the chapter is all about
the hope is that over time the chapter will develop a relationship with their home bar so that the Brigade members can receive preferential treatment (food & drink specials/ Games on best TVs etc)
3. Becoming an "Official BCB Chapter"

Once a chapter hits the 15 member mark we will help them develop some chapter specific branding (i.e. A chapter logo to be used on shirts, banners, signs etc) Let us help you as we leverage our relationships w/ our vendors to get you good prices.
We are developing a plan of action for helping each official chapter to create their own banner that could be flown at their chapter bar and brought w/ members to actual games that they attend. (picture 3-4 chapters being at a particular Jags game w/ their banners hung proudly)
4. How will folks "join" each specific chapter?
As we roll out our online membership system it will eventually offer a place for folks to write in the chapter they want to belong to. So as you meet more ppl in "Orlando" you will direct them to the website to become members and as they do they will put "Orlando" in the chapter section.
Obviously the development of chapters is new so in the early going we will ask chapter leaders to develop a roll of BCB members that have officially signed up and that have contacted them w/ interest in joining your chapter. As you compile your list we will be there to help. Once you reach the desired "15" members we will begin to store your membership list in our database under ____ Chapter Roll.
5. What benefits will BCB members in outside chapters have?

There are a lot of benefits to becoming a BCB member and the list is always growing. With that in mind a lot of the benefits are centered around the Jacksonville area.
However, all BCB members will have access to things like, discounted tickets on official away game trips, access to group rates used on hotels and other accommodations during away game trips, access to BCB tailgates for home games (food & beverage is usually included free of charge for members), access to all BCB member specific events, BCB limited edition merchandise etc etc.
As stated above it is our goal that each chapter will have a home bar where members receive some preferential treatment. Obviously that will have to happen over time, but it is another example of the value added to a member's membership.
The long and short of it is the success of our chapters will rest upon the members themselves. We aim to provide the requisite direction, organization, and vision, but the rest will be up to all of you! It's our ultimate hope that each chapter takes on a life of it's own underneath the BCB umbrella. We're fortunate to have a team of people working on BCB (completely free of charge) that have a diverse array of skills. We also have many growing relationships within the Jaguars organization and the local business community. Each and every day that passes we are building Bold City Brigade into something special. Something that the NFL has never seen. Something that will differentiate the Jaguars fan base from all others. We hope that you join us on this journey!"
Membership Benefits for UK members:
Quote:
First and foremost, we offer the single largest network of Jaguars fans available. We have members in over 40 US states and hundreds of cities. We anticipate having members in 8-10 different countries and BCB goes international in April 2014. BCB UK members want to come to a home game? Well, just go back and check out our season opener tailgate against the Chiefs last year. We called it BCB Family reunion. If you're coming to jacksonville and you're BCB, you're family and you'll be treated as such. Trust me, you want to be with us if you make the trip. I'd/we'd be happy to facilitate that and even help make it a yearly pilgrimage if possible. Also, group get together for games on TV, tailgates for Wembley gms, etc.
Old 15.02.2014, 11:40 PM
Starter

Sounds good! I was just about to ask if anyone is planning a trip over this year for a week or 2 at some point. Being part of a tailgate before we get there would be excellent!
Old 16.02.2014, 09:29 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by connelly360 View Post
Sounds good! I was just about to ask if anyone is planning a trip over this year for a week or 2 at some point. Being part of a tailgate before we get there would be excellent!
Hi Mark,

I am really glad you posted this as I might have a couple of thing of interest to you.

1) I am planning on doing a on mass UK fans trip for the 2014 season, so far it is a trip of 5 (6 if you are interested) UK Jags fans but I think that number will contune to grow and I would love to hit double figures before the trip takes place. Please read this thread which has all the trip information and let me know if you would be interested:
https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=100509

2) I can't say too much publicy about a planned UK chapter of the Bold City Brigade as we are yet to lanuch. What I can say is that we are in talks with the BCB about this, they are as keen as us to make this happen and are helping us to do so.

When we do launch we need an initial 15 UK members to be our founding members so we can get it of the ground. I am currently garthering names and contact details of interested UK and Irish fans. I am doing this by inviting them to a secret facebook group which we are using to collect the 15 people we need and this is basiclly a holding group for interested members before we launch.

If this is of interest to you please add me on facebook and I'll add you to this secret group. My facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/alex.agius.5

Many thanks,
Alex

Last edited by BaronSamedi1980; 16.02.2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06.03.2014, 10:33 AM
Pro

Morning, catching up with the various posts, have added you on FB as above if there's still places left in the 15

Rich
Old 06.03.2014, 10:51 AM
Team Captain

Thanks Rich, I've added you to the Facebook group, as you will be able to see we are now up to 13 so still 2 short of the 15 we need to launch. I need to talk with BCB USA again but if all goes well and we find 2 more UK members then we hope to launch the UK chapter next month.
Old 07.03.2014, 06:28 PM
MVP

A hoi hoi chaps, and chapesses!

We have just heard back from the BCB and all is go for a internation launch of the UK BCB Chapter. Alex has a group on Facebook so get hold of him via a PM on here or 'friend' him on Facebook and he'll add you to the group; the BCB is looking launch on 12th April.

So far we have interested parties in Ireland, oop North, in the middle(ish) and me darn s'arf so if there are Jags fans in Wales (hello Joe!) or in Scotland that would give a point of contact roughly across the country. 13 have signed up so far and 15 is the target number for launch. Hopefully after a bit of a push to start with we can snowball interest.

Exciting times are a coming!
(And that's not just watching Anger, Praise His Name!, punting)
Old 07.03.2014, 11:12 PM
Team Captain

Official UK and Irish Bold City Brigade twitter account is now up and running: @BCB_UK
Old 07.03.2014, 11:23 PM
All Pro

Anything you need help with let me know btw
Old 08.03.2014, 02:26 PM
Team Captain

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BoldCityBrigadeUK

Website in development too.
Old 08.03.2014, 06:14 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
A hoi hoi chaps, and chapesses!

We have just heard back from the BCB and all is go for a internation launch of the UK BCB Chapter. Alex has a group on Facebook so get hold of him via a PM on here or 'friend' him on Facebook and he'll add you to the group; the BCB is looking launch on 12th April.

So far we have interested parties in Ireland, oop North, in the middle(ish) and me darn s'arf so if there are Jags fans in Wales (hello Joe!) or in Scotland that would give a point of contact roughly across the country. 13 have signed up so far and 15 is the target number for launch. Hopefully after a bit of a push to start with we can snowball interest.

Exciting times are a coming!
(And that's not just watching Anger, Praise His Name!, punting)
Would happily be the contact point for Scottish Jags fans