season is done - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Chicago Bears

Old 27.10.2014, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

I think it's an over-reaction to put the blame on Cutler, to be honest. He's played just the same as in previous years. The offence has been average, not awful. Cutler will have good and bad games. But changing him creates way, way, way more problems than it solves. Reactions like that are how you end up picking in the top 5.

The problem is simply our defense is terrible and we do not have enough quality players. We can fire whoever we like but it's simply a question of getting much better players at every position. The safeties and Linebackers in particular are simply horrible. The D-line and corners are fine, but we're an injury or two from those units being poor too. That was apparent going into the season and sadly those fears have come to fruition.

The biggest fault on offence is that we hoped it would carry the team, but it is middle of the pack.
Old 27.10.2014, 03:49 PM
Pro

I think there are multiple areas of the organisation that take the blame for this current mess. However ultimately Cutler will be a big issue for the Bears simply becuase of the size of that contract, and the level of play expected.
Old 27.10.2014, 08:00 PM
Starter

I totally agree Olig, Cutler has not been good but my initial reaction during the game after some of his decisions was 'time to get him out of there, we need a change' before a more rational head took over and I realised just where we'd be with no quarterback this year or even a rookie next year, that's how we end up losing the talent we have and enter a long term rebuilding

Tucker is gone, I think everyone will agree that but if Trestman can't get this offense to show improvement he will have to follow as we seem to have gone backwards from last year.

I never thought we'd be SB champs but I thought we had the talent to challenge for a playoff spot. All I want is some consistency throughout the season rather than the erratic displays at the moment (although some might argue we were conistent during the last two games )
Old 27.10.2014, 09:04 PM
All Pro

shambles really again this year so much wrong never thought i would see bears D give up 50plus points a game but thats a long list of crap this year its done
Old 27.10.2014, 09:43 PM
Starter

I kept reading pre-season that the offence was elite and the defence only had to be mid-ranking to put this team in the hunt for a play-off spot

That has not happened (understatement) Not on either side of the ball - add into the equation the totally inept performance from special teams on kick off returns (why is williams still on the roster) and you get what you have seen in the last 2 weeks

The team looked unprepared (is that possible in the modern day) and spineless last week in the confines of their home field and this week ..... well lets not even go there

We have lost to Buffalo and Carolina when we should have won easily

I watch teams with lesser players than Chicago on defense get pressure on the quarterback at least some of the time

Tucker has to go now and Trestman is on very thin ice !
Old 27.10.2014, 11:01 PM
Rookie

I agree with Prof, sick of the lack of talent excuse, who picks the talent, who works with them, coaches them. I posted on here a few weeks back other teams who have picked up 'talent' that went in late rounds or were undrafted and are now starters...

Guess what, it's not on poor teams either, New England, Cheese heads, Seattle etc. Guess these guys have good talent evaluators and coaches that can 'improve' players and use talent on the team to raise standards for other to follow.

Never thought I would say this of any Bear team, but we lack heart, desire, commitment and most importantly belief. The last one I'm afraid lies heavily on the coaches.

What is the scheme on kickoffs? To me it consists of take a knee or occasionally run as fast as possible into the arms of the first defender.
Old 28.10.2014, 02:41 PM
All Pro

Don't even get me started on return game!

When an idiot puts himself out for the season celebrating nothing much in a dead game, the writing is on the wall.

first season ever that I've turned off 2 Bears games at half time.... sad times guys.
Old 28.10.2014, 04:54 PM
Starter

We could have an entire thread on Houston's season don't you think ?

What a complete bell
Old 28.10.2014, 06:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor1228 View Post
We could have an entire thread on Houston's season don't you think ?

What a complete bell
The two things I can vividly recall of his season, was that ridiculous flag he drew against the a Jets for bawling out the ref....and then Sunday. Joker.
Old 29.10.2014, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

I think Houston looks stupid. But to be honest it's a bit unfair to blame him. Players often celebrate sacks. I don't think they are anticipating blowing the knee in doing so. You could argue the situation doesn't warrant a celebration, but if he hadn't got hurt nobody would have even noticed.

It's bad luck all around, and it is as simple as that.