NFC Championship. Green Bay Packers @ Seatlle Seahawks. - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 14.01.2015, 01:26 PM
batemans25's Avatar
batemans25 batemans25 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 25.10.2004
Posts: 414
Default

No dodgy calls please - fail marys etc.

Yes winning is everything BUT please win with style not help!

Go Hawks!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 14.01.2015, 01:29 PM
GiantMackem's Avatar
GiantMackem GiantMackem is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 08.09.2010
Posts: 13,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batemans25 View Post
No dodgy calls please - fail marys etc.

Yes winning is everything BUT please win with style not help!

Go Hawks!
I hope there are multiple bad calls, otherwise what else would we have to talk about in the run up to the Super Bowl ?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 14.01.2015, 02:54 PM
BaumSchorle's Avatar
BaumSchorle BaumSchorle is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 05.08.2014
Posts: 11
Default

Tough matchup for the Pack, but everything is possible. We are in the playoffs, all sorts of things already happened.

I think McCarthy needs to get the running game going and Rodgers shouldn't force the big plays. They should take the short passes withing 5 yards and try to break a tackle (probably not gonna happen).

The D has to step up, tackle well and don't let Wilson escape through the middle.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 14.01.2015, 04:53 PM
jimbobjoylove's Avatar
jimbobjoylove jimbobjoylove is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.11.2010
Posts: 3,771
Default

We've got a run game to match Seattle, certainly if you look at YPC.

For me it's all about our o-line once again, given Seattle are better than Dallas at getting to the QB and obviously given Rodgers' fitness and throwing against that secondary is gonna be key. Bar a shambles defensively (which I think and hope is past us), if we protect Rodgers like we've done all season we've got a great chance.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 14.01.2015, 08:57 PM
Ollyrules's Avatar
Ollyrules Ollyrules is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 25.12.2012
Posts: 4,682
Default

If this game was in Lambeau I'd imagine it'd be close, but Seattle at home (dominant) and Green Bay on the road (decidedly worse than at home),coupled with Rodgers's ailment should mean Seattle wins with relative ease.

Lots of talk about the improved Green Bay defence. They've struggled with mobile QB's in the playoffs before, I think they do again
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 15.01.2015, 09:47 AM
Diamond_Bomb's Avatar
Diamond_Bomb Diamond_Bomb is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 11.12.2014
Posts: 2,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
We've got a run game to match Seattle, certainly if you look at YPC.

For me it's all about our o-line once again, given Seattle are better than Dallas at getting to the QB and obviously given Rodgers' fitness and throwing against that secondary is gonna be key. Bar a shambles defensively (which I think and hope is past us), if we protect Rodgers like we've done all season we've got a great chance.
I think Green Bay's o-line is very underrated, they've been good this season.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 15.01.2015, 02:23 PM
ljs4's Avatar
ljs4 ljs4 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 18.09.2009
Posts: 2,737
Default

The packers are clearly the under dogs in this one but I've a feeling we will surprise many, the Hawks are good but they are not great, they didn't exactly swamp the Panthers, I'm very hopeful in this game so let's hope to a Packers upset,
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 15.01.2015, 02:55 PM
jimbobjoylove's Avatar
jimbobjoylove jimbobjoylove is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 02.11.2010
Posts: 3,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljs4 View Post
The packers are clearly the under dogs in this one but I've a feeling we will surprise many, the Hawks are good but they are not great, they didn't exactly swamp the Panthers, I'm very hopeful in this game so let's hope to a Packers upset,
Ah man, I'm as confident as Packers fans go and think we do have a real chance, bigger than most are giving us, but let's not kid ourselves - that's a modern-day legendary defence we're facing in their own backyard.

Can't wait til Sunday...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 15.01.2015, 03:10 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljs4 View Post
The packers are clearly the under dogs in this one but I've a feeling we will surprise many, the Hawks are good but they are not great, they didn't exactly swamp the Panthers, I'm very hopeful in this game so let's hope to a Packers upset,

Not great??

Defence

'12 #1 with 15.3 points allowed and #4 with 306.2 Yds allowed
'13 #1 with 14.4 points allowed and #1 with 273.6 Yds allowed
'14 #1 again with 15.9 points allowed and #1 with 267.1 Yds allowed

that seems pretty great to me.. consistent for 3 years

They beat the Panthers 31-17 seems pretty convincing to me.

'12 finished 11-5 - div round
'13 finished 13-3 - SB winner
'14 finished 12-4 - still to play for

pretty good if you ask me.

1 loss to Arizona at home (I recall some controversy over this loss too)
1 loss to Dallas at home in the last 3 seasons.. seems pretty great to me..

22-2 record over the last 3 years at home to be clear.

BTW the last 2 meetings the Packers have had at the Seahawks stadium were both losses:

14-12 on MNF back in '12
36-16 on season opener on TNF this year.

If Defence wins championships (and it does) I see the Pack getting beat again here this week - the Hawks are too strong - sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 15.01.2015, 03:44 PM
GiantMackem's Avatar
GiantMackem GiantMackem is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 08.09.2010
Posts: 13,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
Not great??

Defence

'12 #1 with 15.3 points allowed and #4 with 306.2 Yds allowed
'13 #1 with 14.4 points allowed and #1 with 273.6 Yds allowed
'14 #1 again with 15.9 points allowed and #1 with 267.1 Yds allowed

that seems pretty great to me.. consistent for 3 years

They beat the Panthers 31-17 seems pretty convincing to me.

'12 finished 11-5 - div round
'13 finished 13-3 - SB winner
'14 finished 12-4 - still to play for

pretty good if you ask me.

1 loss to Arizona at home (I recall some controversy over this loss too)
1 loss to Dallas at home in the last 3 seasons.. seems pretty great to me..

22-2 record over the last 3 years at home to be clear.

BTW the last 2 meetings the Packers have had at the Seahawks stadium were both losses:

14-12 on MNF back in '12
36-16 on season opener on TNF this year.

If Defence wins championships (and it does) I see the Pack getting beat again here this week - the Hawks are too strong - sorry.
You've gone and mentioned the Fail Mary game
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hate to be gb , peytons playing , whaaaaaat

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 01:07 AM.