NFC Championship. Green Bay Packers @ Seatlle Seahawks. - Page 88 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 23.01.2015, 11:44 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
EDIT: the 2pt conversion (which would have meant Crosby's FG woulda won it) and the onside kick are where I focus on.
The 2pt conversion is the big one for me.
The onside kick it looked like someone got too excited and tried to do something he shouldn't have done but with the 2pt it looked to me like a case "well we've won the game I can't be arsed to go for the ball" type thing.
1 seems to be excessive enthusiasm and one seems to be no enthusiasm.
Old 23.01.2015, 12:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
I'm sure Clay thinks it was money well spent.

It's been said a few times but I don't think Green Bays issues were anything that happened in the first half. Whether they should have gone for those 1 yarders is moot IMO; you're 16 - zip against the defending champions at their place and your D has totally shut them down? I think any team in the league would like to go into that 2nd half in that position no?

Where it went pear shaped as far as I'm concerned is the on-side kick and the 2 point conversion, both of which should simply not have happened. We can criticize Burnett for going down (even though Peppers signalled he should do just that) and the shonky fake field goal TD but those things happen in games. What doesn't is those 2 blunders: Bostic should've caught the ball or left it for Nelson and one of those 2 DB's on Wilson should've got to the ball and batted it down (they didn't need to actually catch it remember).
My thoughts entirely. If it was tied at h/t then I'd be considering that the 4th and goals were missed opportunities (but as said before, we've been terrible at converting them before, so still wouldn't be a bad decision), but we were two two-point TDs ahead at h/t.

With Bostick, it really comes down to 'do your job'. His job was to block, but got caught up in the moment (as Saramin said) and didn't do his job - which isn't a coaching error. On the 2pt conversion, coaching and execution of scheme had Wilson backpeddling and looped a bad ball into the end zone, where two players were in positions to make plays, but didn't - that's not bad coaching, that's individual players not executing.
Old 23.01.2015, 04:15 PM
Team Captain

What does this result do to the Aaron Rodger MVP bandwagon (let some air out of its tyres?)
Old 23.01.2015, 04:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by batemans25 View Post
What does this result do to the Aaron Rodger MVP bandwagon (let some air out of its tyres?)
Nothing as MVP is generally based on what they achieved in the regular season.
Old 23.01.2015, 08:35 PM
All Pro

Talking

epic game loved thtis one for more reason than a bears fan real classic game wish every game was like this one....still buzzing

Tags
hate to be gb , peytons playing , whaaaaaat