2015 Draft. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 22.01.2015, 02:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Default 2015 Draft.

A few of these threads are popping up on other team sections, so we might as well have a Cowboys one as the draft process starts to get moving. Hopefully we'll get some contract news on Dez, Murray and Doug Free this month, that way we'll know which direction we need to head in.
Old 22.01.2015, 03:03 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
A few of these threads are popping up on other team sections, so we might as well have a Cowboys one as the draft process starts to get moving. Hopefully we'll get some contract news on Dez, Murray and Doug Free this month, that way we'll know which direction we need to head in.
Dallas cowboys were 1 of my favourite teams to watch last season.ive heard that they might not be able to keep both Murray an Bryant because of cap space..but i could be wrong.
Old 22.01.2015, 03:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_STL31 View Post
Dallas cowboys were 1 of my favourite teams to watch last season.ive heard that they might not be able to keep both Murray an Bryant because of cap space..but i could be wrong.
Yeah. It's all guess work at the moment. Jerry will keep Dez one way or another. It's more about money with Murray.

All things considered though, you'd have to expect a defensive orientated draft for Dallas. We have quantity on the D line, but we need to add quality. Lawrence is the RDE of the future. Crawford is good enough to be our rush DT. Mincey was great, but he's 31. So pass rush will be drafted at some point, although I want to see how Ben Gardner does when he returns from injury after spending the year on IR.

We have no depth at CB either. So that's a must too.

If Murray goes we'll need a RB to help Randle. If we lose one of our RT's (Free or Parnell) we'll need one of those as well. So it's easy to get caught up with the defensive side of things, but we won't be completely set on offence either, despite a stellar year.
Old 22.01.2015, 04:56 PM
Starter

Yeah i do agree,randle looks like a good prospect for the future. But i like the combination of him an Murray working together.maybe Randle getting extra carries aswell.
Old 22.01.2015, 05:01 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Yeah. It's all guess work at the moment. Jerry will keep Dez one way or another. It's more about money with Murray.

All things considered though, you'd have to expect a defensive orientated draft for Dallas. We have quantity on the D line, but we need to add quality. Lawrence is the RDE of the future. Crawford is good enough to be our rush DT. Mincey was great, but he's 31. So pass rush will be drafted at some point, although I want to see how Ben Gardner does when he returns from injury after spending the year on IR.

We have no depth at CB either. So that's a must too.

If Murray goes we'll need a RB to help Randle. If we lose one of our RT's (Free or Parnell) we'll need one of those as well. So it's easy to get caught up with the defensive side of things, but we won't be completely set on offence either, despite a stellar year.
I think its only minor things for them to try an put right maybe through the F.A an draft.i would like to see them progress further next season maybe championship game..
Old 22.01.2015, 06:42 PM
Team Captain

Someone who can rush the passer. If Murray does leave which I hope he doesn't how realistic would signing Peterson be?
Old 22.01.2015, 06:58 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
Someone who can rush the passer. If Murray does leave which I hope he doesn't how realistic would signing Peterson be?
Peterson's base salary in 2015.............................$12,750,000

If we can't re-sign Murray, I don't see how they could absorb that type of money. If he was released, you might be able to get creative with a multi year deal, but still, I can't see how we afford him.

Do we trust a rookie to carry the load of replacing Murray with a little help from Randle or vice versa? Our 2nd round pick will be too late for the top 2 RB's in the draft.
Old 22.01.2015, 07:02 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMurphy81 View Post
If Murray does leave then how much would it cost to sign someone like Peterson?

I'm guessing a lot more than it would have been to keep Murray!

Murray has a question mark over his longevity and Peterson will be 30 next season, I reckon we would draft someone or maybe go for someone like Mark Ingram in free agency.
Old 22.01.2015, 07:03 PM
Starter

I think he would be a great addition, but im not sure what his contract status is like ..do you have any info regarding that please, as for Murray if he does go, i think its a massive loss, from what i seen last season of the cowboys
Old 22.01.2015, 07:11 PM
Team Captain

Do we trust a rookie to carry the load of replacing Murray with a little help from Randle or vice versa? Our 2nd round pick will be too late for the top 2 RB's in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Would be a shame to undo all the good work from this year. Hopefully the thought of playing behind that O-line again with an improved defence would help persuade him to accept a deal or am I being very optimistic.