Draft 2016 - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 09.03.2016, 03:53 PM
All Pro

Chargers reported to have agreed a deal with Travis Benjamin.

I like the signing. He's the type of WR we need opposite Allen, leaves Stevie Johnson free to work the slot, and it removes the need to consider WR high in the draft and lessens the potential for Telesco to ruin everything if he takes Ramsey at #3

Right now I'd love to see Buckner, Spriggs, Houston-Carson 1,2,3 or Tunsil, Nick Martin/Austin Johnson

Watch Telesco go Safety, Linebacker, Tight End, and me to have a fit.

Last edited by Boltman; 09.03.2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09.03.2016, 06:12 PM
All Pro

i get the feeling you dont like this guy?
Old 10.03.2016, 12:01 AM
All Pro

There's no real reason to like him at the moment. As many terrible FA signings and draft picks as good ones, so I'm totally 50/50 on the guy. This off-season is the litmus test test for him much like last season was for his HC.

Had my doubts about McCoy but thought he needed last season to prove his incompetence. That's done, so now it's a case of figuring out whether our GM is also a clown or whether he just help make an atrocious coaching appointment.
Old 11.03.2016, 08:03 PM
All Pro

Its looking like Buckner will slot straight in at RDE then? Chargers looking at Cowboys Hanna too, i,ll be miffed he he goes cos we need that blocker
Old 12.03.2016, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Its looking like Buckner will slot straight in at RDE then? Chargers looking at Cowboys Hanna too, i,ll be miffed he he goes cos we need that blocker
Hannah re-signed with Dallas. Think it's a three way choice for the Chargers between Bosa, Buckner and Ramsey. The recent change(s) to the DL might make Ramsey the favourite...
Old 15.03.2016, 10:00 AM
All Pro

Think they will go Buckner myself
Old 16.03.2016, 04:26 AM
All Pro

Have to admit, the more I watch him I'm cooling on him a bit. I think there's enormous bust potential there, which suddenly makes Bosa and Ramsey more appealing.

I still think Bosa is not really a fit in our system, and Ramsey would be a wasted pick as he wont address any of the fundamental issues this roster has, but as players in their own right I think they are both far more likely to go on and have top-end careers than Buckner. If you could guarantee Buckner goes on to have that sort of career then yes, I'd be all over him at #3, but I have my suspicions about a couple of aspects of his play.

It's frustrating that the two players who could benefit us most, Buckner and Tunsil, are the two I'm least sure about, yet Bosa and Ramsey don't quite hit the spot through no fault of their own.
Old 05.04.2016, 03:50 PM
All Pro

So here is who I picked on the 7 round mock draft on here, missed a couple of guys I wanted (didn't want to trade like Telesco!)....

Round 1 - 3. DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
Round 2 - 35. Sebastian Tretola, OG, Arkansas
Round 3 - 66. Miles Killebrew, S, Southern Utah
Round 4 - 102. De'Runnya Wilson, WR, Mississippi State
Round 5 - 175. Pearce Slater, OT, San Diego State
Round 6 - 179. Antwione Williams, LB, Georgia Southern
Round 6 - 198. Wendell Smallwood, RB, West Virginia
Round 7 - 224. Demarcus Ayers, WR, Houston

Let's see how they do!
Old 07.04.2016, 04:37 AM
All Pro

It's all fun and that........ but why take a OG with #35?

I think the Chargers need three immediate starters and two contributing depth players from their top 5 picks. As I see it, they should be looking for starters at DE/DT, OC, Safety, or LT, and looking to pick up viable depth at TE and ILB. I think that's entirely feasible with their picks.

Tunsil, Buckner, Ramsey, Jack at #3, Kelly, Martin, Austin Johnson, H.Henry, one of the slew of 2nd tier Safeties at #35, or possibly a starting Center, S, or DT with the third rounder. There should be viable TE's and ILB's on the board in the 4th and 5th rounds. Take a flyer on a Punter in the 6th or 7th. I think there's realistic chance of getting a lot of immediate help from this one draft, but I don't see OG or WR figuring into that unless it's a developmental 6th or 7th round choice.

Just for fun and looking at the way the thread played out, here's what I'd have taken using only players who were available when you picked -

#3. DeForest Buckner, DE
#35. Jason Spriggs. OT
#66. Nick Martin, OC
#102. Tyler Higbee, TE
#175. Nick Vigil, ILB
#179. Moritz Boehringer, WR
#198. Riley Dixon, P
#224. Vincent Valentine, NT

Ridiculous run on Punters in the 7 round mock. Like that's ever happened in real life.

No help at Safety as I didn't see any value compared to the immediate help available elsewhere. This version of the 2016 Chargers are going with Lowery, Addae, Stuckey, and possibly Mager/random FA/UDFA/that guy we signed from CFL, for at least one more year.

Would also consider Ramsey or Jack at #3 with a view to filling the Safety hole then taking Austin Johnson at #35, although I think that's a bit high for him in real life. So far as the actual real draft is concerned I'm cooling a bit on Buckner and warming to the idea of taking Jack provided he's medically sound. I think Jack is the potential answer to base SS and nickel ILB all in one player. That's fantastic value in a draft where we could conceivably take him at #3 and still find starters at DE and OC with #35 and #66

Some seriously strange goings-on the more I look at that thread.

Last edited by Boltman; 07.04.2016 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08.04.2016, 09:59 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman View Post
It's all fun and that........ but why take a OG with #35?

I think the Chargers need three immediate starters and two contributing depth players from their top 5 picks. As I see it, they should be looking for starters at DE/DT, OC, Safety, or LT, and looking to pick up viable depth at TE and ILB. I think that's entirely feasible with their picks.

Tunsil, Buckner, Ramsey, Jack at #3, Kelly, Martin, Austin Johnson, H.Henry, one of the slew of 2nd tier Safeties at #35, or possibly a starting Center, S, or DT with the third rounder. There should be viable TE's and ILB's on the board in the 4th and 5th rounds. Take a flyer on a Punter in the 6th or 7th. I think there's realistic chance of getting a lot of immediate help from this one draft, but I don't see OG or WR figuring into that unless it's a developmental 6th or 7th round choice.

Just for fun and looking at the way the thread played out, here's what I'd have taken using only players who were available when you picked -

#3. DeForest Buckner, DE
#35. Jason Spriggs. OT
#66. Nick Martin, OC
#102. Tyler Higbee, TE
#175. Nick Vigil, ILB
#179. Moritz Boehringer, WR
#198. Riley Dixon, P
#224. Vincent Valentine, NT

Ridiculous run on Punters in the 7 round mock. Like that's ever happened in real life.

No help at Safety as I didn't see any value compared to the immediate help available elsewhere. This version of the 2016 Chargers are going with Lowery, Addae, Stuckey, and possibly Mager/random FA/UDFA/that guy we signed from CFL, for at least one more year.

Would also consider Ramsey or Jack at #3 with a view to filling the Safety hole then taking Austin Johnson at #35, although I think that's a bit high for him in real life. So far as the actual real draft is concerned I'm cooling a bit on Buckner and warming to the idea of taking Jack provided he's medically sound. I think Jack is the potential answer to base SS and nickel ILB all in one player. That's fantastic value in a draft where we could conceivably take him at #3 and still find starters at DE and OC with #35 and #66

Some seriously strange goings-on the more I look at that thread.
I took Tretola with 35 as I think he's the best guard in the draft, he would improve our run blocking immensely (and why take a RB in the 1st the year before if you don't try and put pieces in place to help him) and is an upgrade on what we have. I could have took a centre but went a different route. All a matter of opinion.

As it stands I wouldn't have picked Spriggs, Vigil or Higbee of what I've seen.

Love Killebrew, he's a can't miss prospect, simple as that. You will see that in the NFL for whoever snags him. He brings this SS/ILB play to his game that Jack brings granted but allows us to do other things earlier in the draft.

We disagree on WR obviously - If Allen or Benjamin go down (likely knowing us) we have nothing at WR. I wanted something a bit different for Phil to work with.

Starting the season with Addae would mean we might as well concede a below .500 season right now. He's that bad.

Tags
chargers , draft 2016 , nfluk