QB Options 2016 - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 02.01.2016, 11:10 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSNYJets94 View Post
If he gets a new deal he will be starting QB then surely but isn't there other QB's who will be on the market who could do a better job than him for the money ?
As an aside, there is unlikely to be an immediate upgrade from the draft either.

Paxton Lynch (Memphis), Connor Cook (Michigan State) and Jared Goff (Cal) are all prospects that teams will project great things on but all of them have flaws that will make the transition to the pros difficult.
Old 03.01.2016, 10:36 AM
Rookie

As long as Fitz isn't looking for silly money, then another year or 2 with him at the helm - with the Outlook of possibly getting Petty ready to play in 2017 is a good option.

If he's looking for silly money ($12m+) then I'd rather reach for Brees if he's available!
Old 03.01.2016, 11:49 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
As long as Fitz isn't looking for silly money, then another year or 2 with him at the helm - with the Outlook of possibly getting Petty ready to play in 2017 is a good option.

If he's looking for silly money ($12m+) then I'd rather reach for Brees if he's available!
If the saints and Brees part ways then it will be like the peyton situation when the colts drafted luck,he will be in demand and will get 4 years $80m.He is still a top 10 QB and maybe a team's like the rams or eagles would definetly build an offence around him.

Fitzpatrick is going to see that back up QB's are getting $5m+ so after a season of maybe taking this jets offence into the playoffs he is got a strong position especially with the jets not really having a back up who can replace him.
Old 03.01.2016, 05:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
If the saints and Brees part ways then it will be like the peyton situation when the colts drafted luck,he will be in demand and will get 4 years $80m.He is still a top 10 QB and maybe a team's like the rams or eagles would definetly build an offence around him.

Fitzpatrick is going to see that back up QB's are getting $5m+ so after a season of maybe taking this jets offence into the playoffs he is got a strong position especially with the jets not really having a back up who can replace him.
If Fitz is looking for less that $20m over the next 2/3 years then I'd happily keep him for to lead us and ensure Petty is ready to take over!
Old 05.01.2016, 10:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
If Fitz is looking for less that $20m over the next 2/3 years then I'd happily keep him for to lead us and ensure Petty is ready to take over!
Agreed, That would be a great deal for us.

Welcome to the forum btw.
Old 05.01.2016, 10:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
Agreed, That would be a great deal for us.

Welcome to the forum btw.
Is Geno in his last guarranted year in 2016??would his salary make him un-tradeable if you can get Fitz to committ long term.
Old 05.01.2016, 10:28 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Is Geno in his last guarranted year in 2016??would his salary make him un-tradeable if you can get Fitz to committ long term.
Yeah he's in his last year.

He's a 2nd rounder so he's pretty cheap. $1.6 million cap number, we would save 1 million if we cut him which could be an option if we feel Petty is developing.
Old 05.01.2016, 11:48 PM
MVP

To be honest I'm more chilled than I was a year ago.

Even if we end up in a bad situation.

If Fitz doesn't sign or demands too much let him walk. He is hardly "the man".

A few half decent QBs might end up touted about certainly a high calibre than in the last few years.

Also a few high risk guys on the market and Fitz was that a year ago and did well.

I've said a year ago and I still feel it now RG III would be worth a punt - better than Geno. I still think RG III can be a very good QB especially with a good OLine.

I don't want us to go all out for him I'm just saying I wouldn't panic if he ended up with us it's all good.

Brees, Manning, Rivers would all do obviously even if manning was beat up and only for one season.

When there isn't a obvious answer in the draft I don't see the point me stressing out about it like I did last year.

I'd rather Geno doesn't end up starter at all tbh that's about my only hope.
Old 06.01.2016, 03:09 PM
Pro

Roger all of that Stocksy.
Especially re: this year's draft, Geno, and thoughts on Fitz.
Old 06.01.2016, 03:44 PM
MVP

I think with our WRs we now only need a half decent QB to stand a chance and sensible play calling!

RB for me is more of a concern. The lack of ground game on sunday is what forced us into that 4th quarter meltdown.

I said all season we left ourselves short and it proved right.

But then again I said we were short everywhere and we did ok I was bound to get something right with all the moaning I did.

I just think we will start next season at QB in a position to do better than we did this year, I have a good feeling better than last few years when we had options but didn't act brave enough but with hindsight the QBs we could have gamble and paid heavily for wouldn't have worked out amazingly anyway.