Who is your college team and why? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 06.04.2017, 07:55 PM
Team Captain

Default Who is your college team and why?

Looking to find a college team for when the new season starts, will help me get into the college format a bit more and discover players who enter the draft as I'll have watched them

So who is your team and why?

I'm narrowing mine down to the following:
Penn State
LSU
The U
Florida Gators
Old 06.04.2017, 07:59 PM
All Pro

Funny I was thinking the same thing earlier. I decided to go down the route of who has the most scenic stadium. Currently BYU Cougars are the leading contenders.
Old 06.04.2017, 08:25 PM
MVP

Oregon Ducks. I was narrowing down what teams to follow and was watching a USC game to see if it was them. I ended up rooting more for their opponents Oregon more than them during the game. Then just found myself keeping an eye on them more and more as the weeks/years went on. Then Chip Kelly Happened with lightning fast pace and lot's of points and I was hooked.

My main piece of advice is look around and make a list of who you think you might like but pick a team during the season not the offseason.
Old 06.04.2017, 09:01 PM
Team Captain

I've always been drawn to The U as it was the very first NCAA team I'd heard off

LSU have a had a lot of players in the NFL particularly in recent years who I like and looks like it will continue this season too

I just like the simple look of the Penn State logo, stadium and uniforms - currently watching a show about them on YouTube from 2014

And the Gators are on my list but have no reason why, just like them ha
Old 06.04.2017, 09:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wba1990 View Post
I've always been drawn to The U as it was the very first NCAA team I'd heard off

LSU have a had a lot of players in the NFL particularly in recent years who I like and looks like it will continue this season too

I just like the simple look of the Penn State logo, stadium and uniforms - currently watching a show about them on YouTube from 2014

And the Gators are on my list but have no reason why, just like them ha
Another good thing about college ball is there's a lot more than 32 teams so you can like more than one team. You'll probably have to drop LSU or Florida because they play each other yearly but other than that follow them all until one wins you over.
Old 06.04.2017, 09:20 PM
MVP

Also this sticky post (I know we all just skim past them) might be of some help to you

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=75191
Old 07.04.2017, 09:53 AM
Starter

Mississippi, as I have family in America who are huge Ole Miss fans.

You probably will anyway but I'd recommend choosing a team from a power 5 conference as you'll be more than likely to catch more of their games on ESPN/BT
Old 07.04.2017, 01:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wba1990 View Post
Looking to find a college team for when the new season starts, will help me get into the college format a bit more and discover players who enter the draft as I'll have watched them

So who is your team and why?

I'm narrowing mine down to the following:
Penn State
LSU
The U
Florida Gators
I've found myself torn between Penn State and Pitt. The fact they are next door to one another makes it weird. If they were at opposite ends of the country I'd just follow both (which I currently do anyway tbh, it's not like they are in the same conference). Penn State, Linebacker U, has loads of tradition. Guys like Jack Ham, Paul Poslusny, Navarro Bowman, Sean Lee have carried on the LB production line. In terms of 2018 Draft appeal, RB Saquon Barkley is going to be huge. Pitt have their history too, Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett etc, and more recently you have guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Aaron Donald.

Find myself drawn to the northern teams really, but I've got a soft spot for North Texas having watched quite a bit of them over the last couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloG View Post
Funny I was thinking the same thing earlier. I decided to go down the route of who has the most scenic stadium. Currently BYU Cougars are the leading contenders.
I see where you're coming from with that. Always seems to be a sunny crisp day in Utah, with the mountain backdrop it looks great.

Old 07.04.2017, 02:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I see where you're coming from with that. Always seems to be a sunny crisp day in Utah, with the mountain backdrop it looks great.

I would go with Utah instead though better mountain view at Rice-Eccles

Old 07.04.2017, 05:38 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I've found myself torn between Penn State and Pitt. The fact they are next door to one another makes it weird. If they were at opposite ends of the country I'd just follow both (which I currently do anyway tbh, it's not like they are in the same conference). Penn State, Linebacker U, has loads of tradition. Guys like Jack Ham, Paul Poslusny, Navarro Bowman, Sean Lee have carried on the LB production line. In terms of 2018 Draft appeal, RB Saquon Barkley is going to be huge. Pitt have their history too, Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett etc, and more recently you have guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Aaron Donald.

Find myself drawn to the northern teams really, but I've got a soft spot for North Texas having watched quite a bit of them over the last couple of years.

I know of Pitt but for some reason they just don't appeal to me

The more I read about Penn a state the more they appeal to me. Will try and watch some team if I can in the coming season but I'd say Penn State are the early front runners for me