Ravens fans...... - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 25.09.2017, 09:21 AM
Starter

Default Ravens fans......

I was really surprised at how quickly those in CW where I was just gave up on their team yesterday after travelling over from the USA - some guys behind me left at the end of 1st quarter and then a huge swathe never came back from half-time. I know they were losing but it seems really fickle and especially considering the costs and travel they had gone to. We're other areas the same?
Old 25.09.2017, 10:24 AM
Starter

I noticed this also....by the end of the 3rd quarter the stadium was just over half full..was quite strange.

The turning point for some Ravens fans by me was the Jags scoring early in the 3rd to make it 30-0....
Old 25.09.2017, 10:27 AM
MVP

I'm interested in takes from people that were in non-CW yesterday. We were amazed where I was (Block 501) that people were in their seats longer than usual for blowouts.

Plus am I the only one who finds half empty by the third quarter doesn't match even slightly what their eyes saw yesterday?
Old 25.09.2017, 10:44 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
I'm interested in takes from people that were in non-CW yesterday. We were amazed where I was (Block 501) that people were in their seats longer than usual for blowouts.

Plus am I the only one who finds half empty by the third quarter doesn't match even slightly what their eyes saw yesterday?
We're in 501 too. Half empty is certainly an exaggeration, but late in the third I would say that about a quarter were gone not to return.
I said to my wife that if there was ever one to leave early from it was this, particularly after Baltimore ruined the chance of a shutout. Still we stayed to the last kneel down.
Old 25.09.2017, 10:55 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit-fire View Post
We're in 501 too. Half empty is certainly an exaggeration, but late in the third I would say that about a quarter were gone not to return.
I said to my wife that if there was ever one to leave early from it was this, particularly after Baltimore ruined the chance of a shutout. Still we stayed to the last kneel down.
Fair enough, I'm near the front so hard to tell. I can understand if you are from London leaving with a quarter or so to go in a blowout like that it would make sense to beat the traffic, especially with 3 more games to come.

Makes me not doubt my eyes though, I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed if half the stadium had left!
Old 25.09.2017, 11:02 AM
MVP

Quote:

100% mate, I was in the cheap seats so had good view of stadium and no even close to anywhere near half full at that point.

People see empty seats and equate to half full but it was that, mass exodus happened mid way through 4th onwards (as usual).

Id say American Ravens that left perhaps knew the game was away from them and decided to enjoy the rest of their holiday and soak up atmosphere and sights of our amazing capital.

I saw it out to the end, went and had Mexican, popped into the tailgate at about 7, bought a color rush t-shirt and jumped on train home. Happy days and another great day out.

Limited stock of player name IS tees disappointed me as I did want a Ramsey one but such is life, my fault for not queuing at big tent and instead going onto the pitch side before game. ha.
Old 25.09.2017, 11:21 AM
Starter

Quote:
The quote was end of 3rd quarter.....not by the third quarter.....granted I had a limited view from club Wembley..but had a view of the one side of the stadium which was emptying fast....maybe a third empty was more realistic....but may be the side of the stadium behind us wasnt as bad?
Old 25.09.2017, 11:49 AM
Starter

I was actually surprised how well supported they were. There was quite a large Ravens following by me....they were quite vocal in their assessment of their teams performance.
Old 25.09.2017, 12:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenspuma View Post
The quote was end of 3rd quarter.....not by the third quarter.....granted I had a limited view from club Wembley..but had a view of the one side of the stadium which was emptying fast....maybe a third empty was more realistic....but may be the side of the stadium behind us wasnt as bad?
Possibly bad phrasing on my part.

From previous reports, Club Wembley and the middle sections at the bottom have some odd differences to other places due to the amount of comped tickets there amongst other things. Watching back for instance, block 101 ish on the 50 was almost literally empty at 2nd half kick of and not far different in the mid club wembley.
For a blow out in general I'd say the number held up reasonably compared to some previous games, I can only assume due to the 2nd team for some people thing...
Old 25.09.2017, 12:12 PM
Starter

I was surprised sitting in block 526 that although there was a lot of Ravens fans where I was sitting most of them stayed into the fourth quarter. People definitely stayed longer than I expected compared to previous blowouts.