Sky Bet Football League Thread - Page 102 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 02.02.2010, 12:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunburgin1 View Post
i see you,ve got akpo back for rest of season from us, what you think about him?
He didn't get a whole lot of playing time when he was here before but he looked half decent in the games he played. Had a really good game against Yeovil after Sam Sodje got sent off.

Hopefully Parkinson goes 4-4-2 & gives him a chance, he & David Mooney (on loan from Reading) are then fighting for a starting spot alongside another former Wednesday player Deon Burton as Chris Dickson our other striker at the club is quite frankly terrible.

How is Luke Varney doing at Wednesday? He seems to be scoring goals again something he was incapable of at Charlton.
Old 02.02.2010, 02:06 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafcgoduk View Post
He didn't get a whole lot of playing time when he was here before but he looked half decent in the games he played. Had a really good game against Yeovil after Sam Sodje got sent off.

Hopefully Parkinson goes 4-4-2 & gives him a chance, he & David Mooney (on loan from Reading) are then fighting for a starting spot alongside another former Wednesday player Deon Burton as Chris Dickson our other striker at the club is quite frankly terrible.

How is Luke Varney doing at Wednesday? He seems to be scoring goals again something he was incapable of at Charlton.
he played very well on sat, looks like he,s really pushing to stay here now as previously he stated that he was looking for game time ready to go back to derby, i think he now knows theres no future at derby , so he,s wanting to earn himself a contract with us.... play like that and ive no probs with that......
Old 03.02.2010, 09:30 AM
All Pro

Well Akpo much like most of the players yesterday didn't cover themselves in glory. Despite dominating possession & territorial advantage we only managed to create a handful of chances. The moment that summed up the game for me was Kyel Reid running from the edge of our area to the edge of the Walsall area & beating 4 men on his way only to then put his shot 10 yards wide.

All in all although we were the slightly better side a draw was probably a fair result.
Old 03.02.2010, 09:38 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafcgoduk View Post
Well Akpo much like most of the players yesterday didn't cover themselves in glory. Despite dominating possession & territorial advantage we only managed to create a handful of chances. The moment that summed up the game for me was Kyel Reid running from the edge of our area to the edge of the Walsall area & beating 4 men on his way only to then put his shot 10 yards wide.

All in all although we were the slightly better side a draw was probably a fair result.
Akpo will play like a world beater every 1 game in 5 and then promptly get injured. That was pretty much his career at Wednesday.
Old 04.02.2010, 07:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinsFanJonny View Post
did enough to beat argyle though.... we are soooo bad
Yeah we suck.
Old 09.02.2010, 10:20 PM
All Pro

And after tonights showing i'm fairly sure we are going down now.
Old 12.02.2010, 01:31 PM
MVP

Decent chance Warnock quits Palace and goes to QPR in the next 24 hours. He's supposed to be doing his routine press conference atm and hasn't turned up. Also talk that after the cup game the administrator will send anyone out on loan as long as it covers their wages.

Old 16.02.2010, 09:26 AM
All Pro

Another awful performance last night against Bristol Rovers. At this rate we are not even going to make the playoffs, Phil Parkinson's inept management & woeful tactics strike again. Despite the performance the atmosphere in the away section was pretty good considering the sub standard effort on the pitch.
Old 16.02.2010, 10:28 AM
Pro Bowler

Danny Welbecks needs to score more!
Old 17.02.2010, 04:22 PM
Starter

oh god where do i start?
last nights performance was absolutley pathetic
we hit the post twice in first 20 mins then decided to stand back and watch donny pass the ball about...
dont get me wrong donny are a good passing side but come on i can ping balls about when theres no one within 10 yards of me....
with us losing at their place and it being a derby at the very least i expected a bit of passion... sadly i was wrong.......
and to top it off it was ****** freezing

Tags
internet=serious business