Panthers thread - Page 100 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Old 14.03.2014, 09:20 PM
Team Captain

New Panthers fan here - only been fan for just under a month.

With Smith gone who is being lined up as his replacement? Will it be something we do in the draft? Free agents?
Old 14.03.2014, 09:29 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wba1990 View Post
New Panthers fan here - only been fan for just under a month.

With Smith gone who is being lined up as his replacement? Will it be something we do in the draft? Free agents?

You picked a good time to start following the team, ganna be alot of new faces that you'll see progress through the years hopefully , just like alot of people did with smith.

alot of people think Hakeem nicks from the giants will come over to be the no.1 Receiver followed by whoever we pick up in the draft.

Although the colts are showing interest aswell as the chargers i think it was, so we might not even get him. However our general manager Dave Gettleman was with the giants 2 years ago and has already bought over a couple of players from the giants (LB Chase Blackburn and Receiver Dominik Hixon, who as gone to the bears now), so we should have a leg up in that respect.

Another couple of free agents is a guy from Greenbay, think his name was Jones? don't know an awful lot about him though.

And Syndey Rice of the seahawks.

Apparently we've renewed our interest in resigning Lafell, probably incase we don't get Nicks.

Last edited by jungleassault; 14.03.2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 14.03.2014, 09:46 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by well_nuts View Post
Smith signs for the ravens meaning we will be playing against him next season away from home. Anderson signed up for the next 2 years as a back up to Cam and also brought someone in at TE (cant remember his name at the moment). Really need to kick it up in to gear to get a WR in soon.
Like that they resigned Anderson, he does alot more than people think.

Also, has anyone ever heard of this TE Mike Mcneill? is he a cathcing TE? Could we be going back to a 2 TE offense like in Cams rookie year?
Old 14.03.2014, 09:49 PM
Team Captain

He had 1 catch for 5 yards in 2013.

Weve still got Olsen, Harstock and Williams. Why sign another bloody TE!?
Old 16.03.2014, 12:55 PM
Pro Bowler

*walks in from being away for a month*

Arghhhhhhhh!!!!

*leaves again crying*
Old 16.03.2014, 03:31 PM
Team Captain

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Lafells gone.

Not one Receiver on the roster who had a catch last year.

Also we signed Roman Harper from the saints, big hitter that i think should replace Mitchell quite well. Happy with this signing.
Old 16.03.2014, 07:49 PM
Starter

It's early days and I'm not one to panic, but we've got a lot of rebuilding to do with not a lot of money.

Losing Munnerlyn was a kick in the teeth too, his play isn't anything special but I really had a soft spot for him.

Wouldn't be fussed about LaFell usually, but we need bodies at WR!
Old 16.03.2014, 07:56 PM
Team Captain

So were meeting with Jerricho cotchery from the steelers who is 32 and would make us a great no.3 WR................ We don't have a number 1 or 2 yet!

Maybe, just maybe, we sign Cotchery and jones and get a diamond in the draft and just manage to scrape by this season.
Old 16.03.2014, 10:39 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleassault View Post
So were meeting with Jerricho cotchery from the steelers who is 32 and would make us a great no.3 WR................ We don't have a number 1 or 2 yet!

Maybe, just maybe, we sign Cotchery and jones and get a diamond in the draft and just manage to scrape by this season.
With our remaining cap space could we afford to sign Jones and Cotchery?

Currently our cap stands around $8.3 million. According to over the cap the team will have to set aside $4,457,170 for this season's rookie draft class. That will leave approximately $3,842,830. I'm not convinced we have the cap space to sign both, unless further cuts happen in other positions (eg Charles Godfrey). For me, I think we will get a one veteran and draft two.

I'd be happy to see a scenario where Jones signs and we get a first and third round receivers. Whatever happens, I'm sure Gettleman will surprise us.
Old 17.03.2014, 09:32 AM
Starter

Yeah, I'm getting pretty fed up of the amount of shots being taken at us in the media right now.

Yes, we don't have many bodies at wide receiver right now. Yes, we don't have all that much money.

THE SEASON IS MILES AWAY! If we were kicking off in a week I'd be alarmed, but gimmie a break! How many other teams in the league are set at every position?

It is also only apparent in the last few weeks that it appears LaFell, Hixon and Ted Ginn were the greatest receivers in recent memory, and as such, have become irreplaceable lol

Something that also appears to be getting lost in this mad scramble for receivers:

We had 473 pass attempts last season. 28th in the NFL. Only Seattle and San Fran had less.
We had 483 rushing attempts last season. 7th most in the NFL.

Even if we signed Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones and brought Jerry Rice out of retirement, we most likely wouldn't use them anyway, it's not how we play football!

Sorry, thats my grumble for the day done. And it's at stupid media types, not the good people on here

In DG we trust!

Oh, and I really like to Harper signing, he is exactly what we need.

Oh oh, Charles Godfrey will get cut or restructured. He simply has to.

Oh oh oh, only kidding, that is all