Panthers thread - Page 96 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Carolina Panthers

Old 25.02.2014, 08:35 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by well_nuts View Post
Just catching up on everything on here. Was over in the states for the play off games and have been over a few times while the play offs have been on but it was the first time that the panthers have been playing in it. What a great place to watch the play offs. meet a great family from Carolina in the bar as well while in watching them. Was disappointing not to win the game but what you going to do. Great to see that they have reconstructed a few contracts to try and get down the salary cap so we can get Hardy signed up in the next couple of days (hopefully). Will be interesting to see what we do in the draft but I think the biggest thing this off season is too get Steve Smith signed up for the next couple of years and get Cam signed up to a long term contract if we can afford it.
Smitty is signed up for the next three seasons, 2014-2016, and becomes a free agent in 2017. At 35 I don't see him playing beyond that contract, and might even retire sooner.

I agree we need to get Hardy and Cam signed up. They should be a big part of what could be a great era in Panthers football.
Old 25.02.2014, 08:38 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGrimbeard View Post
Big loss to the team as a player and leader on the field and in the locker room. He'll be missed. Should be one of the next to be put in the ring of honour.

It's going to be interesting to see what the team does. I think they might go and draft his replacement. However, depending on cap space adding an experienced LT at the right price like Monroe etc could be a good option as well.
Old 27.02.2014, 12:00 AM
Starter

Just when it FINALLY looks like we'll go WR in Round 1 Gross goes and retires on us!

In all seriousness, he'll be missed. Just watched his press conference, seemed a top bloke.
Old 27.02.2014, 12:54 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR2_Panther View Post
Just when it FINALLY looks like we'll go WR in Round 1 Gross goes and retires on us!

In all seriousness, he'll be missed. Just watched his press conference, seemed a top bloke.

Im hoping the guard kugbila we drafted last year will be healthy and give us a bit of depth there so we can go WR in 1st round.
Old 27.02.2014, 12:14 PM
Starter

I'm thinking draft for a tackle. A good free agent LT is probably beyond us financially given the other focusses we currently have.
Old 28.02.2014, 06:38 PM
Pro

Gano signed a 4 year contract today.
Old 28.02.2014, 07:59 PM
Team Captain

Saw this, great news!

Also i read that a long-term contract deal is being talked over with Hardy.
Old 28.02.2014, 07:59 PM
Team Captain

I am pleased that we have signed up Gano.

In terms of finding a new left tackle I wouldn't mind trying to sign Anthony Collins from the Bengals in free agency depending on if we have enough cap space (will depend on whether we tag or extend Hardy). In terms of getting a tackle in the draft the only tackle I would take at 28 is Zack Martin of Notre Dame. (All of the top 3 tackles will be gone by then.) I don't think there are any other tackle prospects worth a first round pick and I don't want us to reach so I would prefer us to take a wide receiver at 28 - perhaps Brandin Cooks, Jordan Matthews or Odell Beckham Jr.

I'm excited to see what we do in free agency and I'm confident that Gettleman will put us in the position for us to take BPA when we pick.
Old 28.02.2014, 09:10 PM
Team Captain

A report has been released saying that we will be tagging Hardy
Old 28.02.2014, 09:55 PM
Team Captain

Good news for now, hopefully well be in a better position next year to give him a contract.