Who do we take in the draft? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 27.01.2010, 06:48 PM
Pro

Default Who do we take in the draft?

I know it's early doors but I thought I'd get the ball rolling. A lot of mock draft sites have us taking Joe Haden (CB) at no. 7. I'd be happy with this; we definitely need help in the secondary and a first class CB to play opposite Eric Wright would go along way to helping us.

In the slight chance that Eric Berry is still there it becomes a tad tricky, but I think S is probably the deepest in the draft positionally wise - Reshad Jones, Chad Jones, Barry Church, Robert Johnson etc. I could go on naming good, solid safeties all night!

Other than that I definitely think we need a strong right tackle - Sam Young from Notre Dame in the 3rd? At TE maybe take a look at Dennis Pitta. I know Evan Moore played well towards the end of the season but I definitely think we could do with an upgrade if we're to give Brady Quinn any shot of succeeding. I also wouldn't mind seeing a talented WR drafted in the later rounds. Jacoby Ford or Freddie Barnes maybe?
Old 27.01.2010, 08:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Good article mate, lets get the ball rolling on new season.

Firstly, although highely unlikely im not ruling out us trading up to get Suh to play end, we have 11 picks this year so maybe we try something.

I think if Berry is still there at 7 then we take him over a a CB and pick one up in lower rounds, i also think its a lot easier to find DB in FA generally than safeties but your spot on that we need to sort the CB out. I think we need a big guy at CB as we get beat to easily in the air, wright is an excellent cover guy but throw the ball up on him and he struggels.

I disagree about Evan Moore, Brady looked really comftable with him at TE and he has good hands and can be the go between guy, the only question mark on him is his blocking, i still see us keeping Royale for the blocking plays. as for WR then it depends on FA, we already have two WR who were Rookies so going with 3 may be a risk but then again when you have so many picks then grabbing a WR in 2/3 rounds makes good sense.

One thing i think is that we will go with a QB. I imagine one of Quinn/Anderson to be gone along with Ratliff unless he is kept as 3rd so we will go either for a experienced FA or another QB
Old 27.01.2010, 09:57 PM
Pro

Some very good points there mate!

You can't not go for Berry if he's still there at 7 as he's a class act, but I really do think a good shutdown corner would benefit us. If we take Berry we should look at Kyle Wilson in round 2 as, by all accounts, he's been one of the stars in practice at the Senior Bowl. I think the CB draft depth is weak this year, not great at all.

Pitta had an excellent game in the Shrine game from what I've been hearing and has been compared to Dallas Clark - well worth a draft pick. However, as I don't rate Royal whatsoever, and Pitta is probably a bit too similar to Evan Moore, we could do with a new blocking TE (from FA maybe) if we can grab one.

The QB one is interesting - I'm hearing a lot of people talking about drafting a franchise QB or grabbing a veteran if we can. Names I'm hearing from the draft seem to be either Tony Pike or Dan LeFevour if we go down the former route. We'll just have to wait and see!

It all depends if Robiskie gets his chance this season. Some mock draft sites have use taking Dez Bryant in the first! As you've said, we have that many draft picks that it is a viable option, especially in the later rounds.
Old 25.02.2010, 08:37 PM
Pro

Combine time! I've spent nothing but pick over mock drafts, videos, articles and blogs for the past month or so, so after Combine is over I'm going to try and put together a list of the top 3 people I'd like us to draft for every position (for the simple reason we need help just about everywhere!)
Old 25.02.2010, 09:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartlepoolClevelander View Post
Combine time! I've spent nothing but pick over mock drafts, videos, articles and blogs for the past month or so, so after Combine is over I'm going to try and put together a list of the top 3 people I'd like us to draft for every position (for the simple reason we need help just about everywhere!)
Cheers for that mate, i was about to start doing that but havent put any reserch into it yet so looking forward to reading what you come up with
Old 02.03.2010, 01:20 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Good article mate, lets get the ball rolling on new season.

Firstly, although highely unlikely im not ruling out us trading up to get Suh to play end, we have 11 picks this year so maybe we try something.

I think if Berry is still there at 7 then we take him over a a CB and pick one up in lower rounds, i also think its a lot easier to find DB in FA generally than safeties but your spot on that we need to sort the CB out. I think we need a big guy at CB as we get beat to easily in the air, wright is an excellent cover guy but throw the ball up on him and he struggels.

I disagree about Evan Moore, Brady looked really comftable with him at TE and he has good hands and can be the go between guy, the only question mark on him is his blocking, i still see us keeping Royale for the blocking plays. as for WR then it depends on FA, we already have two WR who were Rookies so going with 3 may be a risk but then again when you have so many picks then grabbing a WR in 2/3 rounds makes good sense.

One thing i think is that we will go with a QB. I imagine one of Quinn/Anderson to be gone along with Ratliff unless he is kept as 3rd so we will go either for a experienced FA or another QB
i really cant see the rams trading away fist pick that easily
Old 02.03.2010, 05:48 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss022 View Post
i really cant see the rams trading away fist pick that easily
No neither can i but you can only dream cant you