New Season - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 03.09.2010, 10:50 PM
Team Captain

Default New Season

Just watched highlights of the final pre season game and Colt Mccoy looks promising. We need to get off to a flier against the bucs on week one, that game will set the tone for the season. Has anyone been following the Jim Brown ring of honour controversy?
Old 04.09.2010, 07:59 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Metcalf 21 View Post
Just watched highlights of the final pre season game and Colt Mccoy looks promising. We need to get off to a flier against the bucs on week one, that game will set the tone for the season. Has anyone been following the Jim Brown ring of honour controversy?
Yeah, good to sign off with a win. I think (hope) we'll be 2-0 by the time of the Ratbirds game in week 3. Just hope the Hardesty injury doesn't set us back too much.

Lee started a thread on the Jim Brown thing on the NFL season forum.

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.ph...13#post1173113

General opinion is against Jim - not my opinion, but there you go
Old 04.09.2010, 11:33 AM
Team Captain

Thanks for pointing that thread out to me mate, just new on this website and still feeling my way around! Totally agree.....we could win our first two games and get a bit of momentum going for once. I'm actually going to the chiefs game on the 19th. It'll be the first time i've been to Cleveland so really looking forward to it.
Old 04.09.2010, 11:50 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Thanks for pointing that thread out to me mate, just new on this website and still feeling my way around! Totally agree.....we could win our first two games and get a bit of momentum going for once. I'm actually going to the chiefs game on the 19th. It'll be the first time i've been to Cleveland so really looking forward to it.
No worries

Another NFLUK Brownie going to the Chiefs game - Paul (Orangehelmet) is going too !! Get plenty of pics for your fellow fans to seethe over !!!

I'll get to a game one day - definitely !
Old 04.09.2010, 09:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Eric maybe you should PM Paul and see if he wants to meet, two new Brownies going to there first ever game You will love it regardless of the score although we will win

Have fun there mate its a great little city
Old 04.09.2010, 09:35 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
No worries

Another NFLUK Brownie going to the Chiefs game - Paul (Orangehelmet) is going too !! Get plenty of pics for your fellow fans to seethe over !!!

I'll get to a game one day - definitely !
Mate you will get to one some day, its in all Brownies fans to get to at least one game
Old 05.09.2010, 08:01 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Eric maybe you should PM Paul and see if he wants to meet, two new Brownies going to there first ever game You will love it regardless of the score although we will win

Have fun there mate its a great little city

Thats a good idea lee. I take it you've been before? Any tips on good places to go? I've been on Google Earth trying to find every bar between my hotel and the stadium!
Old 05.09.2010, 09:12 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thats a good idea lee. I take it you've been before? Any tips on good places to go? I've been on Google Earth trying to find every bar between my hotel and the stadium!
Yeh ive been 4 times mate, I suppose it depends on where your hotel is but the main area Downtown and the areas around it like Gateway and theatre district are pretty small and easily walkable, you could walk around the entire area within an hour so everything is more compact. Downtown is like all city centres in that it gets lively during the friday and Sat night and you will find the usual suspects in terms of bars/places to eat etc.

One place i go to whenever im there is an Irish themed pub called Flannerys which does really good fish and chips, thats on prospect avenue. Also if you go to the Tower shopping centre, which you probably will do at the main entrence, as if you are stood outside facing the entrence, if you turn left and cross the street there is a little dinner style takeaway on the corner which does hot corned beef sandwhiches which are fantastic, cant remember the name of it though.

One thing i will say though is there isnt any real true Steakhouses in downtown, the best ones seem to be in the districts outside which may mean catching a taxi but then fares seem to be ok.

If i can give you any advice its just go out friday and Sat night and have a walk around, im pretty sure the Buckeyes will be playing on the same weekend in Colombus so there will be lots of people out watching the game in the pubs so it should be a good night.

Last peice of advice mate is that Cleveland more or less shuts down on Sunday so there will be almost nothing open. You may be better eating in your hotel on Sunday evening
Old 05.09.2010, 11:51 AM
Team Captain

Thanks Lee. Good info and much appreciated. As you'll know it's one thing looking on Google earth but nothing beats info from someone who's done it before (corned beef sandwiches!) I'm staying in playhouse square so i'm pretty central. Is the Tower centre the best place to have a look around shops etc? And one more quick question....Tail Gateing? I've read people are there ridiculoulsly early.
Old 06.09.2010, 06:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks Lee. Good info and much appreciated. As you'll know it's one thing looking on Google earth but nothing beats info from someone who's done it before (corned beef sandwiches!) I'm staying in playhouse square so i'm pretty central. Is the Tower centre the best place to have a look around shops etc? And one more quick question....Tail Gateing? I've read people are there ridiculoulsly early.
LOL Mate the Corned beef aint like the stuff you get over here trust me, its bloody fantastic and cheap as well if your shopped up, if its your first time in the States you will also notice that some food like Bacon and sausages are slightly different as well.

As for the Tower yeh it seems to be the main one though it doesnt have any major shops like a Nike/Apple store etc. There is another mall near it which seems to be a bit more upmarket but i cant remember the name of it. If you have the time and wanted to go shopping to the main stores you are better off catching a train to the state capital Colombus, its about an hour away and you can/or you used to be able to cathc a train from the Tower centre.

If you go to the Tower entrance, near a square with some benches and bus stops etc and go in past the phones you come to all the shops etc and little stalls. Anyhow if you go to the other end you come up to the food stalls where you can get KFC and Chinease/Pizza etc and there is also a Cinema. If you want to catch a train anywhere you will notice a series of escaltors, take them all the way down and the trains are there mate. Also where the cinema/foodstall is there is an exit where you can get out and this brings you on to prospect avenue, take a right about half way down you come to the Cavs arena and also the Baseball stadium.

As for Tail Gating mate yeh you will notice and hear it from about 8 or 9 in the morning, you will hear cars driving beeping horns with guys barking etc etc and it generally builds up from there. Get yourself down to the stadium early on and go and chat, the fans are real friendly but they will be suprised to hear your a Brit