Real McCoy = real hope for future! - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 09.11.2010, 01:50 PM
Pro Bowler

Thumbs up Real McCoy = real hope for future!

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me "popping over" from Pittsburgh!

You guys have a lot to look forward to with Colt McCoy at the helm. I thought he showed great poise for a rookie on his debut at Heinz Field, but to follow that up with wins against Brees & Brady...wow!

With the "battering ram" Hillis in the backfield I reckon the future in Cleveland is rosy. The AFC North could be the toughest division in football for many years to come!

How good is the team in the eyes of Cleveland fans?
Old 09.11.2010, 06:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Dreamer View Post
Hi Everyone,

You guys have a lot to look forward to with Colt McCoy at the helm. I thought he showed great poise for a rookie on his debut at Heinz Field, but to follow that up with wins against Brees & Brady...wow!

With the "battering ram" Hillis in the backfield I reckon the future in Cleveland is rosy. The AFC North could be the toughest division in football for many years to come!

Dont wanna tempt fate!!!
We've had our fair share of "false dawns" in Cleveland, But McCoy IS the real deal!!! im sure of that .................but then again what do i know, i thought the same about Charlie Frye!!!
Old 09.11.2010, 07:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Dreamer View Post
Hi Everyone,

McCoy and Hillis apart we're doing ok, the o-line remains one of the best in the NFL and our D has been solid (despite the 3-5 record). We've played really well in all but two games so we could be 6-2 at the moment, just a few individual errors here and there, plus we're limited in terms of talent so we've lacked a killer punch in some games. Still, we're progressing at a fast pace and we'll be up there next season so long as we upgrade at WR.

Last edited by go_browns!; 09.11.2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09.11.2010, 07:50 PM
Starter

with the Browns I've learn't not to dream to far ahead so I'm just enjoying the last two wins! But I'll be honest there is a flicker of hope now that just maybe we're actually building and moving in the right direction
Old 09.11.2010, 08:08 PM
All Pro

I think at last ,we ARE moving in the right direction, but we are limited,( talent wise) in some key positions mainly at WR , but with a good draft again next year
Browns should make some real progress !!
Old 09.11.2010, 09:28 PM
Pro

We are a good team but a young team that still has plenty of room to grow. With a pickup of a quality WR as mentioned and possibly another corner, we could turn the corner from a good team to a very good team soon. Its what I'm hoping for at least The AFC North is going to be a mean division in the next few years, though its not like it isnt now.
Old 11.11.2010, 09:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Im possibly far more cautious than most other Brownies fans. Its great beating the Saints and Pats but lets not forget we should have beaten the Bucs and Chiefs.

As for our current progress i think the majority of the plaudits should go to Rob Ryan and our O line. Hillis is awsome of course and in Colt it looks like we have found a good QB but its still early.

I think we have some promising guys coming through in Benard and Rubin along with Ward but we also have to ask questions about some of the guys who have failed to come through or are struggling, Both Roboskie and Massaquio are better WR than they currently are and this is down to Daboll and Mangini IMO, Another example we have to wonder how much is Haden struggling if we continue to play Wright who is now an open target for any opposing QB.

I dont belive Daboll is the guy and i still think he should go. Im not convinced about Mangini game management but he does know players and has a good record for bringing guys in who have stepped up to the plate, think Bowens has been fantastic these past two seasons
Old 17.11.2010, 08:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Im possibly far more cautious than most other Brownies fans. Its great beating the Saints and Pats but lets not forget we should have beaten the Bucs and Chiefs.

As for our current progress i think the majority of the plaudits should go to Rob Ryan and our O line. Hillis is awsome of course and in Colt it looks like we have found a good QB but its still early.

I think we have some promising guys coming through in Benard and Rubin along with Ward but we also have to ask questions about some of the guys who have failed to come through or are struggling, Both Roboskie and Massaquio are better WR than they currently are and this is down to Daboll and Mangini IMO, Another example we have to wonder how much is Haden struggling if we continue to play Wright who is now an open target for any opposing QB.

I dont belive Daboll is the guy and i still think he should go. Im not convinced about Mangini game management but he does know players and has a good record for bringing guys in who have stepped up to the plate, think Bowens has been fantastic these past two seasons
Lee," Colt McCoy is the messiah !!! and i should know Ive followed a few"
seriously tho i don't blame you being cautious but im convinced McCoy's gonna be a star!!!
Old 21.11.2010, 05:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Lee," Colt McCoy is the messiah !!! and i should know Ive followed a few"
seriously tho i don't blame you being cautious but im convinced McCoy's gonna be a star!!!
Mate i do get how good Colt can be and i think he will be next legend after Bernie. I just think his true test will come next season if teams start working out how to stop Hillis, then we will truly see how good Colt is going to be
Old 24.11.2010, 05:10 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Mate i do get how good Colt can be and i think he will be next legend after Bernie. I just think his true test will come next season if teams start working out how to stop Hillis, then we will truly see how good Colt is going to be
You do have a point there Lee, Browns HAVE to give him more weapons than Ben Watson & Hillis !!!!.......