Lets keep our feet on the ground - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 15.11.2010, 10:26 AM
Team Captain

Default Lets keep our feet on the ground

Ive seen a couple of post's criticising the play calling and the use (or non use) of certain positions. I thought we played well again last night against a better team on paper. Had it not been for the fumble (again) in ot we would probably won against a top side for the third week on the bounce. I think some perspective is needed. Colt has looked great but wasn't meant to play at all this year and in my opinion our recievers are one of the worst groups in the league. Mangini annoys me as much as anyone but i give him credit for keeping things going after the absymal start we made. The fact that people are actually talking about us at this stage of the season is an improvement in itself.
Old 15.11.2010, 05:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Metcalf 21 View Post
Ive seen a couple of post's criticising the play calling and the use (or non use) of certain positions. I thought we played well again last night against a better team on paper. Had it not been for the fumble (again) in ot we would probably won against a top side for the third week on the bounce. I think some perspective is needed. Colt has looked great but wasn't meant to play at all this year and in my opinion our recievers are one of the worst groups in the league. Mangini annoys me as much as anyone but i give him credit for keeping things going after the absymal start we made. The fact that people are actually talking about us at this stage of the season is an improvement in itself.
This team is a vast improvement on last years ,and I know our WRs are poor ,but i dont think Massaquoi was involved untill the final 2mins of the game , I swear at one stage it seemed like Peyton Hillis Vs The New York Jets !!!
Anyway Its a minor grumble ,,,for the first time in years i think this Cleveland Browns team Are Capable of beating ANYONE!!!!
Old 15.11.2010, 09:44 PM
Hall of Fame

I thought we were second best after the first quarter, once they stopped Hillis then we were stopped in our tracks and we more or less just continued to go 3 and out. Our D tried but they couldnt win the battle of the trenches, we were still in the game more to the Jets failings than anything we did apart from the drive by Colt to take us into overtime.

We were found out by a very good team today and we have the potential we just need to ensure we go in the right direction.

The true test of this team will be how we do next year not the remainder of this season, we are the suprise team this year but no one will be suprised next year by us.

Finally as much as i like Wright he has to be finished in Cleveland now, he is just making to many mistakes game in game out
Old 16.11.2010, 01:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
I thought we were second best after the first quarter, once they stopped Hillis then we were stopped in our tracks and we more or less just continued to go 3 and out. Our D tried but they couldnt win the battle of the trenches, we were still in the game more to the Jets failings than anything we did apart from the drive by Colt to take us into overtime.

We were found out by a very good team today and we have the potential we just need to ensure we go in the right direction.

The true test of this team will be how we do next year not the remainder of this season, we are the suprise team this year but no one will be suprised next year by us.

Finally as much as i like Wright he has to be finished in Cleveland now, he is just making to many mistakes game in game out

I agree 100% with your first paragraph Lee, I met with some opposition from across the pond when I suggested on Facebook that the Jets deserved to win. One even questioned my loyalty to the Browns

This is not to take away from our achievements so far this season, we have come a long way in a short space of time. I said that beating the Jets may be a step too far for us at the moment and that we should get to 6 or 7 wins as there are less testing opponents ahead of us. Credit to taking one of the conferences best teams to OT

Last edited by go_browns!; 16.11.2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 16.11.2010, 04:41 PM
Team Captain

Spot on Lee. The next few weeks are going to have a major bearing on next season. If we finish strongly it will be hard for Holmgren to get rid of Mangini but the strange thing is the better Mccoy plays the more i can see him making a change. The thought of getting someone more in line with his offensive thinking to work with Colt might be too tempting for him.
Old 16.11.2010, 06:02 PM
Starter

i'm just pleased the Browns have shown me SOMETHING this year that gives us all a bit of hope for next future! I can take a close loss to the Jets on the chin because it's actually nice to be close to them at the end of a game as opposed to the last couple of seasons where we're miles behind by the second quater to anyone!
Old 16.11.2010, 09:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Metcalf 21 View Post
Spot on Lee. The next few weeks are going to have a major bearing on next season. If we finish strongly it will be hard for Holmgren to get rid of Mangini but the strange thing is the better Mccoy plays the more i can see him making a change. The thought of getting someone more in line with his offensive thinking to work with Colt might be too tempting for him.
Yeh you hit the nail on the head there mate, regardless of how well Hillis does, and by that i mean Hillis will remain whatever the system we go with, its impossible to belive that Mike wont be thinking of going more towards the West coast next season with Colts progression.

After all it was Mike who stepped in to the draft room and made the move for Colt even though Colt wasnt the prefered choice at that moment of the draft and i belive im right in thinking that Mangini said after the draft that he was looking at defence with the pick.

I will be amazed if Daboll is still here at end of season, i think there is still a chance for Eric if he is happy to go with a more West Coast offence with Hillis in there
Old 16.11.2010, 09:33 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOB89 View Post
i'm just pleased the Browns have shown me SOMETHING this year that gives us all a bit of hope for next future! I can take a close loss to the Jets on the chin because it's actually nice to be close to them at the end of a game as opposed to the last couple of seasons where we're miles behind by the second quater to anyone!
Yeh mate its been good, despite the 6 losses, to have been in every game right to the death and only lost one by more than 10. Far better than watching us labour game after game unable to move the ball going 3 and out etc and then watching the D trying to win games
Old 16.11.2010, 09:55 PM
Starter

It doesnt help when we keep losing Cribbs to injuries during the game either, according to nfl.com were going to sign Clifton Smith to return the kicks, and been working out corners Eric King and Jon Wade, hope the injury to Josh doesnt keep him out for long.
Old 16.11.2010, 10:35 PM
Starter

I think we have played very well this year. With it being my second season watching NFL and first year as a first time brownie I must admit I'm feeling pretty satisfied about my choice.

I think our playcalling will continue to grow with the confidence that McCoy is instilling in the management. I think Daboll, Mangini, and Holmgren are going to trust McCoy more as time goes on. One of the biggest issues this year have been the forced changes at QB. I;m hoping now we will stick with McCoy and get some stability.

Do you think we're likely to see D'Qwell Jackson back next season?
Same question for all our players on IR really.

I expect most of them back to be honest.

ps. Its really annoying when rosters change alot when your trying to play madden 11

Back