The Draft thread 11 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 05.01.2011, 08:36 PM
Hall of Fame

Default The Draft thread 11

folks its time for the annual lets forget this years losing schedual and pray that we can find someone in the draft to turn us around thread

So we have 8 picks this year, we have a 6th round from the Broncos for the Hillis/Quinn trade so what areas are we looking at, who are wer looking at etc. Im waiting for all the bowl games to finish before i start picking out what individuals i want but at the moment, going on the first days 3 picks im thinking we need an DE badly in first, another DB in second and then a WR in 3rd
Old 06.01.2011, 07:53 PM
Starter

Id really like to see us draft A.J Green as alot of people are predicting , we are seriously lacking at WR
Old 06.01.2011, 09:03 PM
All Pro

Agreed, we desperately need a couple of decent WR's, AJ Green or Julio Jones would be great but I think we'll look for experience at WR and go for a couple of FA's with maybe a WR later on in the draft. I'd love us to pick up a WR in the first couple of rounds but we'll see.

Just been reading a little about the draft prospects.

We could do with a DE, how about Cameron Jordan or Adrian Clayborn ?

Or how about a TE, as a backup to Watson ? Royal doesn't really cut it to be honest. How about Rob Housler ? I'm not an expert, but he'll likely be drafted in the fourth round or so, I don't see us using our first few picks on a TE anyway.
Old 07.01.2011, 12:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
Agreed, we desperately need a couple of decent WR's, AJ Green or Julio Jones would be great but I think we'll look for experience at WR and go for a couple of FA's with maybe a WR later on in the draft. I'd love us to pick up a WR in the first couple of rounds but we'll see.

Just been reading a little about the draft prospects.

We could do with a DE, how about Cameron Jordan or Adrian Clayborn ?

Or how about a TE, as a backup to Watson ? Royal doesn't really cut it to be honest. How about Rob Housler ? I'm not an expert, but he'll likely be drafted in the fourth round or so, I don't see us using our first few picks on a TE anyway.

A few stats...

Cameron Jordan - 61 tackles, 6 sacks
Adrian Clayborn - 52 tackles, 4 sacks
Rob Housler - 39 receptions, 629 yards, 4 TD's

Edit: I realise someone might nip in for them before it's our pick

Last edited by go_browns!; 07.01.2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07.01.2011, 07:33 PM
All Pro

If , A J Green or Julio Jones are still on the board when we pick.....we MUST take one of them , ( and get another WR in free agency ), otherwise its another season with a passing attack that scares....nobody!!!
Old 07.01.2011, 08:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
If , A J Green or Julio Jones are still on the board when we pick.....we MUST take one of them , ( and get another WR in free agency ), otherwise its another season with a passing attack that scares....nobody!!!
I think picking up a FA is the key, we desperately need some skill and experience at WR.
Old 07.01.2011, 09:12 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
A few stats...

Cameron Jordan - 61 tackles, 6 sacks
Adrian Clayborn - 52 tackles, 4 sacks
Rob Housler - 39 receptions, 629 yards, 4 TD's

Edit: I realise someone might nip in for them before it's our pick
Some good shouts there mate, i think we need to decide which defence were going to run before we pick, at moment i would go with 4-3 but you never know.

As for TE i still like Moore to be honest
Old 07.01.2011, 09:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
My problem with taking a first round pick and a FA WR is its going to be bloody expensive and still a risk. One of them needs to be standout to allow the other one to make plays. If Colt was able to get something going then Green or FA is going to get double covered and there going to be covered by the best CB they have. Thats a lot of expectations on a rookie WR along with a still raw QB and this worries me which is why i go along with getting in a FA and sticking with Massaqui to be honest
Old 07.01.2011, 10:08 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoavfc View Post
Id really like to see us draft A.J Green as alot of people are predicting , we are seriously lacking at WR

Mock Draft on ESPN this morning had him going on the third pick so doesn't look likely anymore.
Old 08.01.2011, 12:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
My problem with taking a first round pick and a FA WR is its going to be bloody expensive and still a risk. One of them needs to be standout to allow the other one to make plays. If Colt was able to get something going then Green or FA is going to get double covered and there going to be covered by the best CB they have. Thats a lot of expectations on a rookie WR along with a still raw QB and this worries me which is why i go along with getting in a FA and sticking with Massaqui to be honest
I agree with your reasoning Lee, but if the talents still on the board when we pick i think we have to take it , help at WR cant come quickly enough for me!