The Draft thread 11 - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 24.02.2011, 07:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB74 View Post
First post in here! Be kind.

Personally I would rather the Browns took Marcel Dareus if available with the 6th pick (Unlikely, he will go before Fairley IMO), AJ Green is a great receiver but for a team thats not going to challenge in 2011 WR is not the top priority. The expected move to 4-3 defence necessitates that the majority of picks go defence.
For me the best case scenario would be trading down to the middle of the first for an extra second, then picking up Pitt DE Ryan Kerrigan with the first, then the best avaibable 4-3 DT with the first 2nd and the best available WR with the second 2nd round pick. If we can land a RT and another CB and ILB in the later rounds that'd be great. I like what I have read about Kerrigan, he is a relentless DE, A solid pick and man of good character and used to the rigours of the northern winter, I feel he's a safe pick.
I wont pretend to know who i'd like in the later rounds, but will trust in Heckert to do have another great draft and build on the positives of 2010. I reserve the right to change me mind numerous times in the lead up to April.
Marvin Austin would be a great pick at DT if you went that way. If Fairley isn't there at 4 I hope we go after Austin if Rahim Moore isn't there in round 2.
Old 24.02.2011, 07:51 PM
All Pro

Holmgren says he's after a "home run hitter"

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...olmgren_9.html

I just hope AJ Green falls to No.6
Old 02.03.2011, 07:43 AM
Pro Bowler

Walterfootball.com has put up there post combine draft and iv got to say from a Ravens point of view it looks pretty scary!

1. WR A.J Green, Im a Massive Colt McCoy fan as im a Longhorns fan and i believe he is the guy for you, With the addition of Green to throw to it worries me no end.

2. DT Stephen Paea, This guy is a monster, after his combine i looked into him a little more and he throws people around for fun, I would love him to be on our side of the ball.

3. S Quinton Carter, I rate Carter and i think he has good instincts, Not what we need for Flacco to throw at.

Would you guys be happy with this draft?
Old 02.03.2011, 06:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishbull24 View Post
Walterfootball.com has put up there post combine draft and iv got to say from a Ravens point of view it looks pretty scary!

1. WR A.J Green, Im a Massive Colt McCoy fan as im a Longhorns fan and i believe he is the guy for you, With the addition of Green to throw to it worries me no end.

2. DT Stephen Paea, This guy is a monster, after his combine i looked into him a little more and he throws people around for fun, I would love him to be on our side of the ball.

3. S Quinton Carter, I rate Carter and i think he has good instincts, Not what we need for Flacco to throw at.

Would you guys be happy with this draft?
Good shout with the first two, especially Paea, although his value may rise after the combine. I'm torn between Green, Fairley and Bowers for our first pick, I guess it depends if they fall to 6th.

I think we may pick up Jarvis Jenkins or Sam Acho later on - DT / DE is a top priority.

Edit: I wouldn't worry about our draft from your point of view, we aint gonna be competing for the top two in the division for a few years yet

Last edited by go_browns!; 02.03.2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03.03.2011, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Browns need help in most positions , if one of the WRs dont fall to us , then LB Von Miller looks a good pick
Old 03.03.2011, 10:25 PM
All Pro

dawgscooper reports that a second round tender will be placed on Evan Moore. Two things: One, I'm surprised he's rated as high as a second round pick. Two, does this mean we're in the market for a TE ? If we'd acted a little quicker we could've signed Shockey, I mean he went to the Panthers for god's sake !! Kevin Boss mght be out of our league, but how about David Thomas from the Saints ?
Old 04.03.2011, 04:01 PM
Starter

i quite like Evan Moore, will catch everything that comes his way. I wouldnt have gone in for shockey his best days are behind him IMO
Old 04.03.2011, 09:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoavfc View Post
i quite like Evan Moore, will catch everything that comes his way. I wouldnt have gone in for shockey his best days are behind him IMO
Granted Shockey's had injury problems, but I wouldn't have minded seeing him at the Browns even if only for a year.
Old 05.03.2011, 06:26 PM
All Pro

This is my Browns pick wish list

1/ AJ Green / Julius Jones ( Gotta pick a WR )

2/ Patrick Peterson CB ( Probably the best D player in the Draft )

3/ Von Miller LB ( speedy LB we need Badly )
Old 05.03.2011, 09:28 PM
Hall of Fame

I still say go defense with pick first though im also up for the idea of trading down for some picks and trying to pick up Jones who should be that low hopefully

As for Moore i think we are trying to scare people from making a cheap move for him