AFC East and AFC North Draft Needs - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 13.02.2011, 03:48 PM
MVP

Default AFC East and AFC North Draft Needs

With the draft likely to be the first event of the off-season, I start to take a look at each team's needs. This week sees the AFC East and AFC North go under the microscope.

http://nfl203.blogspot.com/2011/02/d...afc-north.html

Any comments or disagreements feel free to shout at me here and I'll justify my decisions. Enjoy!
Old 13.02.2011, 04:13 PM
All Pro

Thanks for taking the time and effort, a good read

FWIW I agree with your recommendations for the Browns, DE and WR additions are a must.

Last edited by go_browns!; 13.02.2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 13.02.2011, 04:19 PM
MVP

No problem mate, glad you liked it.
Old 13.02.2011, 05:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
No problem mate, glad you liked it.
Thanks for taking the time mate , I think the Browns need help in so many place's and a Clay Matthews type LB would be a Great pick , but WR is a must for the Browns if AJ Green's still there we have to pick him
Old 13.02.2011, 07:05 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Thanks for taking the time mate , I think the Browns need help in so many place's and a Clay Matthews type LB would be a Great pick , but WR is a must for the Browns if AJ Green's still there we have to pick him
I completely agree mate, but given the amount of defensive players we have left after last weeks cull I can see us passing on AJ for a 1st round lineman.
Old 13.02.2011, 07:11 PM
MVP

I don't think there will be a lineman good enough to take there. I think Bowers, Fairley, Quinn and maybe Darreus will be gone. I expect we might take Quinn, so you'll probably get a choice of Green or Darreus, and if it was me I'd take Green in a heartbeat.
Old 13.02.2011, 10:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Well im picking for the Browns on the community draft but if it was my choice for real im only taking Green if their is no other value.

Whilst green has undoubted talent we have far bigger needs on defense at the moment, especially moving to a 4-3.

Just think for a moment how many teams like the Lions and Texans to name just two have gone out and brought that big time WR in and achieved nothing.
Old 13.02.2011, 10:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Well im picking for the Browns on the community draft but if it was my choice for real im only taking Green if their is no other value.

Whilst green has undoubted talent we have far bigger needs on defense at the moment, especially moving to a 4-3.

Just think for a moment how many teams like the Lions and Texans to name just two have gone out and brought that big time WR in and achieved nothing.
Good point lee, with only Rubin left from last years D line , its highly likely thats the position that will get priority. I would just like to see us get a go to WR......
Old 14.02.2011, 12:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Good point lee, with only Rubin left from last years D line , its highly likely thats the position that will get priority. I would just like to see us get a go to WR......
My point exactly.

We'll also be relying on being able to pick up a FA or two as I doubt we'll expect a rookie to step into Bowens / Rogers shoes from day one. But as mde203 says if there's a lack of quality it looks like Green is more of a possibility, not a bad thing obviously but we'll also look out for an experienced WR - I've said it before - Doucet, Bess or Santana Moss.
Old 14.02.2011, 05:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
My point exactly.

We'll also be relying on being able to pick up a FA or two as I doubt we'll expect a rookie to step into Bowens / Rogers shoes from day one. But as mde203 says if there's a lack of quality it looks like Green is more of a possibility, not a bad thing obviously but we'll also look out for an experienced WR - I've said it before - Doucet, Bess or Santana Moss.
In Holmgren we trust !!!..............eh Dave