AFC East and AFC North Draft Needs - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 13.02.2011, 03:48 PM
mde203's Avatar
mde203 mde203 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2008
Posts: 6,057
Default AFC East and AFC North Draft Needs

With the draft likely to be the first event of the off-season, I start to take a look at each team's needs. This week sees the AFC East and AFC North go under the microscope.

http://nfl203.blogspot.com/2011/02/d...afc-north.html

Any comments or disagreements feel free to shout at me here and I'll justify my decisions. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13.02.2011, 04:13 PM
go_browns!'s Avatar
go_browns! go_browns! is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.01.2010
Posts: 3,827
Default

Thanks for taking the time and effort, a good read

FWIW I agree with your recommendations for the Browns, DE and WR additions are a must.

Last edited by go_browns!; 13.02.2011 at 04:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13.02.2011, 04:19 PM
mde203's Avatar
mde203 mde203 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2008
Posts: 6,057
Default

No problem mate, glad you liked it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13.02.2011, 05:59 PM
OrangeHelmet's Avatar
OrangeHelmet OrangeHelmet is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 30.09.2009
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
No problem mate, glad you liked it.
Thanks for taking the time mate , I think the Browns need help in so many place's and a Clay Matthews type LB would be a Great pick , but WR is a must for the Browns if AJ Green's still there we have to pick him
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13.02.2011, 07:05 PM
go_browns!'s Avatar
go_browns! go_browns! is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.01.2010
Posts: 3,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Thanks for taking the time mate , I think the Browns need help in so many place's and a Clay Matthews type LB would be a Great pick , but WR is a must for the Browns if AJ Green's still there we have to pick him
I completely agree mate, but given the amount of defensive players we have left after last weeks cull I can see us passing on AJ for a 1st round lineman.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13.02.2011, 07:11 PM
mde203's Avatar
mde203 mde203 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2008
Posts: 6,057
Default

I don't think there will be a lineman good enough to take there. I think Bowers, Fairley, Quinn and maybe Darreus will be gone. I expect we might take Quinn, so you'll probably get a choice of Green or Darreus, and if it was me I'd take Green in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13.02.2011, 10:14 PM
leebladedawg's Avatar
leebladedawg leebladedawg is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 25.11.2005
Posts: 17,158
Default

Well im picking for the Browns on the community draft but if it was my choice for real im only taking Green if their is no other value.

Whilst green has undoubted talent we have far bigger needs on defense at the moment, especially moving to a 4-3.

Just think for a moment how many teams like the Lions and Texans to name just two have gone out and brought that big time WR in and achieved nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13.02.2011, 10:37 PM
OrangeHelmet's Avatar
OrangeHelmet OrangeHelmet is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 30.09.2009
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebladedawg View Post
Well im picking for the Browns on the community draft but if it was my choice for real im only taking Green if their is no other value.

Whilst green has undoubted talent we have far bigger needs on defense at the moment, especially moving to a 4-3.

Just think for a moment how many teams like the Lions and Texans to name just two have gone out and brought that big time WR in and achieved nothing.
Good point lee, with only Rubin left from last years D line , its highly likely thats the position that will get priority. I would just like to see us get a go to WR......
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14.02.2011, 12:37 PM
go_browns!'s Avatar
go_browns! go_browns! is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 05.01.2010
Posts: 3,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHelmet View Post
Good point lee, with only Rubin left from last years D line , its highly likely thats the position that will get priority. I would just like to see us get a go to WR......
My point exactly.

We'll also be relying on being able to pick up a FA or two as I doubt we'll expect a rookie to step into Bowens / Rogers shoes from day one. But as mde203 says if there's a lack of quality it looks like Green is more of a possibility, not a bad thing obviously but we'll also look out for an experienced WR - I've said it before - Doucet, Bess or Santana Moss.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14.02.2011, 05:41 PM
OrangeHelmet's Avatar
OrangeHelmet OrangeHelmet is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 30.09.2009
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_browns! View Post
My point exactly.

We'll also be relying on being able to pick up a FA or two as I doubt we'll expect a rookie to step into Bowens / Rogers shoes from day one. But as mde203 says if there's a lack of quality it looks like Green is more of a possibility, not a bad thing obviously but we'll also look out for an experienced WR - I've said it before - Doucet, Bess or Santana Moss.
In Holmgren we trust !!!..............eh Dave
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 11:05 PM.