German/Japanese Football? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 15.03.2012, 06:21 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Germany have pretty much the best team in Europe, far better than the British team. By the end NFL Europe was made up of German and Dutch teams, and the German league remains relatively strong. The sport itself is pretty popular in Germany, you'll always hear German spoken at the International Series game, and I'd like to see a game go to Germany sometime.
Yeah same as, I think going to see a German game would be a good experience - any ideas who are the strongest German team?
Old 15.03.2012, 06:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaflow View Post
Haven't watched any of the vids, but these channels have lots of Japanese football games:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jnetTVfootball/videos

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rtv-sports/videos

Football is gaining popularity in Japan, due in part to a manga (comic book) called Eyeshield 21:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JihQoyKRnyk

Manga is a very popular medium in Japan, read by all ages and accounting for 25% of their publishing. If I were the NFL I'd take advantage of this and commission more manga showcasing the glories of American football (with the feel-good ending being the Japanese protagonist joining an NFL team and winning the Super Bowl).
seen the series of eyeshield, its funny, the qb make brett favre look a poor gunslinger.

but eyeshield does just end literally, confusingly as well.

recommended
Old 15.03.2012, 10:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
Well the British team didn't even qualify for the World Championships so we have some catching up to do with our counterparts before we worry about USA and Canada.
Yep and even so American football teams will not have any serious competition for decades upon decades if not a hundred yrs till we see it.I just like the fact that American football is spreading even though it is going at a snails pace.
Old 16.03.2012, 01:35 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
seen the series of eyeshield, its funny, the qb make brett favre look a poor gunslinger.

but eyeshield does just end literally, confusingly as well.

recommended
Excellent, cheers for that - the recommendation I mean.
Old 16.03.2012, 11:33 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mradam83 View Post
Yeah same as, I think going to see a German game would be a good experience - any ideas who are the strongest German team?
I live in the town of Kiel (northern germany, located at the baltic sea.) The football team is called Kiel Baltic Hurricanes. They are the most consistent team in Germany, winning the German Bowl 2010 and competing in the german bowl in 2008,2009,2010 and 2011. They have a bigger amount of us players. Attendance around 4.000. Germany has one of the most professional football leagues in the world but i do not think they have a good and fast gameplay.

Football lost its stand in germany a bit when NFL Europa was taken down by the NFL and Icehokey became "hipper". I think Goddell (NFL president) does not like Germany ( I understand after our dark history), so there is no activity from the NFL anymore since Goddell became president. A pity since germany was always so open minded for football.
A preseason game in germany would be nice, but i like visiting the UK, especially London, so it is always a pleasure flying to the IS in London!

Last edited by HardyNickerson; 16.03.2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 16.03.2012, 02:26 PM
Team Captain

Send a message via MSN to NFLtheBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardyNickerson View Post
I live in the town of Kiel (northern germany, located at the baltic sea.) The football team is called Kiel Baltic Hurricanes. They are the most consistent team in Germany, winning the German Bowl 2010 and competing in the german bowl in 2008,2009,2010 and 2011. They have a bigger amount of us players. Attendance around 4.000. Germany has one of the most professional football leagues in the world but i do not think they have a good and fast gameplay.

Football lost its stand in germany a bit when NFL Europa was taken down by the NFL and Icehokey became "hipper". I think Goddell (NFL president) does not like Germany ( I understand after our dark history), so there is no activity from the NFL anymore since Goddell became president. A pity since germany was always so open minded for football.
A preseason game in germany would be nice, but i like visiting the UK, especially London, so it is always a pleasure flying to the IS in London!
Hardy,

What you said about "I understand after our dark history", with all due respect, that's just bullcr*p. My guess is the NFL wants to establish a foothold in the UK and then spread through out the rest Europe.

Take care,

NFLtheBest
Old 16.03.2012, 02:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLtheBest View Post
Hardy,

What you said about "I understand after our dark history", with all due respect, that's just bullcr*p. My guess is the NFL wants to establish a foothold in the UK and then spread through out the rest Europe.

Take care,

NFLtheBest
London was seen as the safest place to try a game in Europe as Wembley can host an NFL game in terms of dimensions (a lot of big stadia in Germany cant) and interest from fans. It will move out into Europe over time, its already paved the way for Notre Dame to have a game in Dublin.
Old 16.03.2012, 03:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
London was seen as the safest place to try a game in Europe as Wembley can host an NFL game in terms of dimensions (a lot of big stadia in Germany cant) and interest from fans. It will move out into Europe over time, its already paved the way for Notre Dame to have a game in Dublin.
Safest = Easiest...historically, culturally, politically and language.
Old 16.03.2012, 04:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyRoller10 View Post
Safest = Easiest...historically, culturally, politically and language.
Yep all those reasons as well that I left out
Old 16.03.2012, 10:29 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mradam83 View Post
Excellent, cheers for that - the recommendation I mean.
actually have them all on my hard drive, i like how they make the running backs the centre of attention with guys who run 4.4 40 yards as guys under the speed of sound though those who run 4.2 is speed of light backs.

only seen the first twenty of so episodes, if you seen it, i've seen just after the roller skate vs running race (without blowing too much story)

there's also a 4yr old guide to the nfl.

Tags
german , international , japan