Why the jets?? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 05.09.2012, 08:20 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy View Post
I love the underdog, love NY and they had the best QB ever.........

FLASH GORDON!
THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO OF ALL TIME!

Jets have been my time since I was 7, it was the Packers before but then I got into it and became a Jets fan. Just something I really love about the team! And even if we went 0-16 this season, I'll still be there with my #24 Darelle Revis jersey
Old 05.09.2012, 10:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Warrior View Post
"On September 21, Jets quarterback Ken O'Brien and Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino put on a legendary offensive performance. The two quarterbacks combined set NFL single game records of 884 net passing yards and ten touchdown passes, records that still stand to this day. Dan Marino completed 30 of 50 passes for 448 yards and six touchdown passes. Mark Duper and Mark Clayton had big games, each having over 100 yards receiving (Duper with 154, Clayton with 174). O'Brien threw for 479 yards and four touchdown passes all to wide receiver Wesley Walker, including one with no time left on the clock to force overtime, and then the game clincher in overtime for the win, 51-45. To this day, it is the highest scoring game between the teams (96 total points). The win propelled the Jets to a team-record nine-game winning streak, and an NFL-leading 10-1 record."

The first game I watched and I was hooked from then. Total addict of the sport and this team.
This was one of my lasting memories when i first got into the sport. I liked the 80s Jets for this reason
Old 07.09.2012, 08:46 AM
Rookie

...because when I was about nine my Dad returned from a business trip to the US with a Jets shirt for me (strange as he went to Houston...). Immediately got a Jets poster for my wall. Only started really watching the NFL again 18 months ago but the choice of team was set in stone
Old 07.09.2012, 09:39 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreystevewood View Post
...because when I was about nine my Dad returned from a business trip to the US with a Jets shirt for me (strange as he went to Houston...). Immediately got a Jets poster for my wall. Only started really watching the NFL again 18 months ago but the choice of team was set in stone
Made me chuckle 'strange as he went to Houston' ha. Was that after the Oilers relocated ?
Old 07.09.2012, 07:04 PM
Pro

A mate of mine in school (early 90's) was a Giants fan, so out of pure spite and having no clue of the Divisions and Conferences, I picked the Jets.

Also, being Irish, the fact they played in Green helped.
Old 07.09.2012, 10:20 PM
Pro

My Dad is a Jets fan so that's how it started

Makes sense really we're Celtic supporters from Glasgow & New York is a major US city with 2 teams, 1 Green & White & 1 Red, White & Blue there were obvious parallels
Old 17.09.2012, 12:59 AM
Pro Bowler

Is a question that right now we are all asking ourselves.
Old 25.09.2012, 02:37 PM
Rookie

because when i was younger i always liked there jersey and i think new york is a fantastic city and i like to support an underdog not a team doing great every season ! and also because rex ryan is a legend !
Old 25.09.2012, 02:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeYankee View Post
Is a question that right now we are all asking ourselves.
Hahaha.
Old 02.10.2012, 10:21 AM
Pro

I am completely new to the NFL and have only been watching this season (regular games, not the preseason ones). I have tried to keep an open mind about which team to support until I know a bit more about the game, but so far every time I watch the Jets I seem to just like them.

So, with no real understanding as to why, you have a new Jets fan here, even after watching their game against the 49ers last weekend.