Are the BBC Trying to Hide the Fact That ESPN (US) Provide the MNF Coverage? - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 15.10.2012, 05:16 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith No More View Post
Don't know if they'd be able to afford both, Channel 4 is buying more and more Horse Racing from the BBC, Sky, etc

Their NFL coverage would have to be crammed full of adverts and sponsorship; though it was sponsored partly last year but only for about half of the Season
I don't think "affording it" is necessarily the issue. They have long-term contracts with gambling/teleshopping companies to use the channel(s) "late night", so they probably just can't give up another 4 hour slot.

There are no adverts in the C4 coverage. The breaks they go to during SNF are used for C4 Program Trailers, just like the BBC does.... (That's not anything to do with them being unable to sell advertising in NFL etc, I believe it's to do with them using their overall allowed commercial advertising time during reasonably "social hours".)
Old 15.10.2012, 05:40 PM
Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
I don't think "affording it" is necessarily the issue. They have long-term contracts with gambling/teleshopping companies to use the channel(s) "late night", so they probably just can't give up another 4 hour slot.

There are no adverts in the C4 coverage. The breaks they go to during SNF are used for C4 Program Trailers, just like the BBC does.... (That's not anything to do with them being unable to sell advertising in NFL etc, I believe it's to do with them using their overall allowed commercial advertising time during reasonably "social hours".)
Could always email C4 and ask them, but I can't see them showing both, which is a shame. They could show it on one of their other channels, that's what they're there for

Tags
bbc , espn