Anyone Thinking of Heading Over? - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Baltimore Ravens

Old 15.10.2014, 04:05 PM
Team Captain

Finally after 10 years am going over for the Tenn game on november the 9th going from the friday home the Tuesday think next time will stay longer than the three nights.

As said on here think Fed hill after the game is a must. said i might try and make the trip to NYC for a day but think it might be better to stay in the Baltimore and DC area because i am not there long. Can anybody who has been recommed a good place to check out before the game for breakfast and to watch the build up hoping to be at the stadium by 11
Old 11.01.2015, 03:54 PM
Pro

Has anyone got any tips for someone heading over alone? I'm looking to go late sept/early oct
Old 12.01.2015, 10:31 AM
All Pro

Very happy to see Kubiak has ruled himself out of taking a HC job, stating he's happy working at the Ravens and wants to continue with his work.

I guess he's optimistic that if we can sort out our mess of secondary we have a legit shot at contending next year!!!

EDIT: Woops, was meant to post this in the Ravens Thread...

Last edited by Sneddon11; 12.01.2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 13.01.2015, 02:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by elanor_g View Post
Has anyone got any tips for someone heading over alone? I'm looking to go late sept/early oct
Yeah I went over alone my first time out, and was in Baltimore on my own this year.

Best thing to do is obviously wait until schedule comes out in April and then start piecing it together from there and decide how long you want to go for. I try to fit as many games in as possible on the basis that have paid to fly over, might as well get money's worth! You may be able to get to an Orioles game if you're there in Sept. It's also worth a couple of days in Washington as it's not far away.

For flights, look at companies like Trailfinders and Kayak as opposed to airline's own webpages as prices are extortionate through those. Hotels can vary, but in Baltimore it's worth paying a little bit extra to stay in the downtown/Inner Harbour area as it's where everything happens and the stadium is very close. It'd also save taxi fares from a cheaper hotel outside the city anyway.

Going on your own isn't a problem and the people are really friendly and eager to help. May also be worth signing up for the russellstreetreport Ravens forum as the locals are full of tips. Let me know if you want to know anything else!
Old 23.06.2015, 03:54 PM
Starter

Hi Ravens,
I'm heading over in Oct for the Browns game with my Ravens mate then we are heading down to NOLA for Saints/Falcons derby.
Flights all sorted (To D.C. then the MARC train up) but was just wondering what areas are best to stay in Baltimore? I heard Fells Point is nice and full of bars/restaurants. Anywhere else? Any must see sights?
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Cheers.
Old 05.07.2015, 11:48 AM
Pro

Most people recommend the Inner Harbour area - that's where I'll be staying when I head over in Nov.
Old 07.07.2015, 02:06 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingrrr View Post
Hi Ravens,
I'm heading over in Oct for the Browns game with my Ravens mate then we are heading down to NOLA for Saints/Falcons derby.
Flights all sorted (To D.C. then the MARC train up) but was just wondering what areas are best to stay in Baltimore? I heard Fells Point is nice and full of bars/restaurants. Anywhere else? Any must see sights?
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Cheers.
Inner Harbor is probably best place to stay as it's good proximity to all the nightlife areas like Fells Point and Federal Hill. It's where I've stayed and it's within easy walking distance to the stadium.

As for going to Nola, I went last year for the Ravens Saints MNF game. Can honestly say I've never been to a better sporting event for atmosphere. We started at Bourbon Street and walked to Superdome drinking massive daiquiries with jazz bands and street dancers everywhere. Unbelievable and as the game you're off to is a night game, I'd imagine you're in for the same! Post game on Bourbon St was great fun too.
Old 07.07.2015, 02:43 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshaps View Post
Inner Harbor is probably best place to stay as it's good proximity to all the nightlife areas like Fells Point and Federal Hill. It's where I've stayed and it's within easy walking distance to the stadium.

As for going to Nola, I went last year for the Ravens Saints MNF game. Can honestly say I've never been to a better sporting event for atmosphere. We started at Bourbon Street and walked to Superdome drinking massive daiquiries with jazz bands and street dancers everywhere. Unbelievable and as the game you're off to is a night game, I'd imagine you're in for the same! Post game on Bourbon St was great fun too.
Cheers for the advice guys. I've booked in the Inner Harbor area. Will be checking out the many bars in Fells Point.

I was at that MNF game too!!
Was my first game in NOLA and loved it apart fro the result. It was a fantastic atmosphere yeah. We were sat lower tier behind one of the end zones. Had some daquiries from Fat Tuesdays. Went for Hurricanes, they were STRONG. Then hung around champions square for some pre-game. Loads of Ravens were there, so my Ravens mate had some fellow fans to talk to.
If you didn't this time, you should go to Coops place on Decatur for fried chicken or Port of Call at the edge of the FQ for a burger/steak, you wont regret it!!
Old 09.07.2015, 09:02 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingrrr View Post
Cheers for the advice guys. I've booked in the Inner Harbor area. Will be checking out the many bars in Fells Point.

I was at that MNF game too!!
Was my first game in NOLA and loved it apart fro the result. It was a fantastic atmosphere yeah. We were sat lower tier behind one of the end zones. Had some daquiries from Fat Tuesdays. Went for Hurricanes, they were STRONG. Then hung around champions square for some pre-game. Loads of Ravens were there, so my Ravens mate had some fellow fans to talk to.
If you didn't this time, you should go to Coops place on Decatur for fried chicken or Port of Call at the edge of the FQ for a burger/steak, you wont regret it!!
Haha, sounds pretty similar to our evening. You may not have been sitting far away from us either- we were lower endzone too. We were at the end Will Hill scored his pick 6. Will bear that in mind as would love to go back!
Old 14.10.2015, 10:08 AM
Pro Bowler

Only booked it late last week so it's all been a bit last minute, but I'm flying out to SF on Friday for the game against the Niners, meeting up with some mates from Baltimore going to the game. Heading down to LA for a few days to soak up some sunshine and beachtime before a few days in the desert for the MNF game at the Cards.

Can't wait, although my winning (3-1) record at Ravens games will likely be ending!

If anyone's been to any of these cities, any advice on what to do/where to go?