Ufc - Page 47 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 25.08.2017, 11:05 AM
Team Captain

He passed random tests 3 weeks before the fight and fails the standard pre-fight test, he's either an idiot for taking the drug or an idiot for not being more careful with what he was putting in his body (Another tainted...bedroom performance pill lol).

He is finished as a fighter
Old 25.08.2017, 12:03 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisch_2 View Post
He passed random tests 3 weeks before the fight and fails the standard pre-fight test, he's either an idiot for taking the drug or an idiot for not being more careful with what he was putting in his body (Another tainted...bedroom performance pill lol).

He is finished as a fighter

that really makes no sense.

it feels like its more likely someone tampered with some of his stuff or he would win the stupid prize of the century.
Old 25.08.2017, 12:29 PM
Team Captain

That is what his agent has said, apparently he had 7 on the spot tests prior to the fight and passed them all, then he goes and fails the scheduled one, more careless than cheating but will still likely cost him his career...at least!

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/2...ted-supplement
Old 25.08.2017, 12:41 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phisch_2 View Post
That is what his agent has said, apparently he had 7 on the spot tests prior to the fight and passed them all, then he goes and fails the scheduled one, more careless than cheating but will still likely cost him his career...at least!

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/2...ted-supplement

it doesnt even seem like he was careless though.

i've never trained for an MMA fight but i cant imagine that you would change things up that much.
also surely its the type of drug you take over time to build strength rather than take and become the Hulk instantly (admittedly i know very little about the drugs.)

for me there needs to be a serious look at the process, as the agent said failing random tests would of made sense, failing the one you know is coming is weird.

maybe the answer, at least at this level, is daily testing and samples of everything ingested. very costly but UFC wont want to carry this sort of baggage.
Old 25.08.2017, 01:04 PM
Team Captain

There has to be something done, as you say this type of drug is more something that takes time to have an effect...and usually that is to allow increased training intensity (I assume). I doubt that would make much of a difference in the 3 weeks leading up to the weight cut and certainly wouldnt help the cut. Like you Karma i held all of my MMA fights without training so am guessing but from what i have read Cormier might have grounds to sue in the civil courts due to this failure (he didnt sign up to fight a juiced fighter!!!) so it has to be looked at very closely as it will cost Jones his career plus...a couple of million $!
Old 05.11.2017, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Not a bad night of UFC...
Old 05.11.2017, 01:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Not a bad night of UFC...
Yep. Would like to see a couple of fighters from tonight's card drop down a weight class now.

It's how the fight industry works, but Johnny Hendricks was clearly used as cannon fodder tonight. I've whinged about it before but I wish the fighters weighed in seconds before they stepped into the cage. They clearly don't fight at their listed weight. I know both fighters have the same time to rehydrate but you could see the mismatch in the Hendricks fight before it began.
Old 05.11.2017, 05:56 PM
All Pro

I agree its been an issue for years. Remember the Dan Hardy Rumble Johnson fight?

Sad Bisping lost given his age I can't see him getting a rematch. My guess is he has a fight against Romero at the upcoming London fight night.
Old 10.11.2017, 10:07 PM
Hall of Fame

Conor McGregor, in the spotlight again:

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/stat...73502723874816

Shame Frankie Edgar is out of UFC 218 too. Always a good watch.
Old 11.02.2018, 11:07 AM
Hall of Fame

I dont like either of them really, but happier the Rockhold/Romero fight ended as it did rather than the other way around.