The Walking Dead & Spoilers thread - Page 41 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

  #401  
Old 24.10.2017, 12:52 PM
Stu_T's Avatar
Stu_T Stu_T is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 25.08.2014
Posts: 9,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
it was pretty good although the writers did mess up a bit you see in a later scene how keen Rick is to kill Negan but earlier he gets a free shot and hits nothing.

ammo is unlimited given the way they feel free to waste it.

on the second break in things seemed to go south, so maybe that is red eyed Rick in reaction or maybe the happy future is a lie/dream.
I considered turning it off when they just all let Negan stand on a balcony uncovered with only Lucille for like 5 minutes making a speech without taking a shot at him
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 02.11.2017, 04:06 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

It was an awful opener.. I was so disappointed..


When did bullets become in such abundant supply..


Why not just shoot Negan and his top lieutenants.. they were right there.. its beyond ridiculous!!


The walkers going right by Gabriel and he somehow managed to still run through them and get to where Negan was.. who is still acting like he is in control .. why did Simon not just kill Gregory.. The whole thing with him was intensely annoying..


Sanchez.. turning on Rick.. I don't buy it.. he was a family man and being in Negans 'gang' means giving up his wife (if she still lives) but also he would feel affinity to Rick given they started out together and him knowing what kind of a man Rick is..


Urrgghh.. the whole of e1 annoyed and frustrated me and was not relieved by e2.. the writing has declined to epic flop level...
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 02.11.2017, 05:14 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
It was an awful opener.. I was so disappointed..


When did bullets become in such abundant supply..


Why not just shoot Negan and his top lieutenants.. they were right there.. its beyond ridiculous!!


The walkers going right by Gabriel and he somehow managed to still run through them and get to where Negan was.. who is still acting like he is in control .. why did Simon not just kill Gregory.. The whole thing with him was intensely annoying..


Sanchez.. turning on Rick.. I don't buy it.. he was a family man and being in Negans 'gang' means giving up his wife (if she still lives) but also he would feel affinity to Rick given they started out together and him knowing what kind of a man Rick is..


Urrgghh.. the whole of e1 annoyed and frustrated me and was not relieved by e2.. the writing has declined to epic flop level...

they have dragged the fight out a bit and the bullets are silly but there are still some positives and hopefully this ends up in an interesting place.
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 02.11.2017, 07:19 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Posts: 16,914
Default

TWD has long lost its focus. It was more interesting this being about groups of disparate survivors

The Saviours story went from interesting premise of how humans can not police themselves and how that can be manipulated to what season 8 has now become which is silly little war games

An interesting arc is Rick potentially getting whacked. The scenes with him in relative domesticity with the children and Michonne may be an allegory to something else - which in my view would help the show, Rick is becoming a bit tiresome now
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 02.11.2017, 07:21 PM
Stu_T's Avatar
Stu_T Stu_T is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 25.08.2014
Posts: 9,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
The scenes with him in relative domesticity with the children and Michonne may be an allegory to something else - which in my view would help the show, Rick is becoming a bit tiresome now
It could be but knowing the Walking dead it won't be.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 03.11.2017, 12:34 PM
HSTDriver's Avatar
HSTDriver HSTDriver is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 22.08.2009
Posts: 11,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherface77 View Post
The show stopped being a serious drama several seasons ago and now resembles a soap opera, with sloppy writing and poor pacing to boot.
George A Romero referred to TWD as "a soap opera with a zombie occasionally"
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 03.11.2017, 12:58 PM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSTDriver View Post
George A Romero referred to TWD as "a soap opera with a zombie occasionally"

It was a good show. and there are aspects I still like but it has many silly and frustrating moments.. such as not shooting Negan when he is right there!!
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 06.11.2017, 08:35 PM
Diamond_Bomb's Avatar
Diamond_Bomb Diamond_Bomb is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 11.12.2014
Posts: 2,373
Default

God this show sucks hard now. But like any good abusive relationship I always come back. Ezekial has to be the worst actor on TV, no one talks like that! I'm ready for everyone to die and the shiw to end.
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 14.11.2017, 01:03 AM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 23,572
Default

Ezekiel lost his smile!

And his tiger.

Bad week to be Zeke....

EDIT: Can we all agree that Jerry is great?

Last edited by wayne ellis; 14.11.2017 at 05:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 15.11.2017, 11:13 AM
Csonka#39's Avatar
Csonka#39 Csonka#39 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 06.10.2006
Posts: 21,249
Default

hmmm... not sure how a group of weak zombies manage to overpower a fully groan tiger quite so easily..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:35 PM.