Sky Bet Football League Thread - Page 583 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 24.12.2017, 03:57 PM
All Pro

Don't get either sacking to be honest.

On the plus side we won 4-1 yesterday and are out of the League 1 drop zone!
Old 24.12.2017, 06:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Middlesbrough have sacked Garry Monk. Why?
For falling well short of expectations.Steve Gibson uttered the phrase "we are looking to smash this league " at the start of the season.Personally I expected them to be up there with a solid defensive base in place,one of the Championships better midfielders in Howson added to a proven group at this level and what looked like a strong rotation up front.

The majority of fans I know were in favour of the sacking.Even when all the arguments about tactics,training etc are considered I think the majority of the blame has to be on the players simply not performing.However something needed to change and we all know which way that goes.
Old 25.12.2017, 01:58 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
And Wednesday's Carvalhal has now gone as well. Can't remember two clubs sacking their managers within a day of them playing each other before...
Did anyone see the game? I'm just wondering how bad it was that both teams thought their managers had to go.
Old 25.12.2017, 06:05 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar_steeler View Post
For falling well short of expectations.Steve Gibson uttered the phrase "we are looking to smash this league " at the start of the season.Personally I expected them to be up there with a solid defensive base in place,one of the Championships better midfielders in Howson added to a proven group at this level and what looked like a strong rotation up front.

The majority of fans I know were in favour of the sacking.Even when all the arguments about tactics,training etc are considered I think the majority of the blame has to be on the players simply not performing.However something needed to change and we all know which way that goes.
reports of Pulis been top of the wanted list.guess the fans could enjoy a different feast of entertaining football.
Old 29.12.2017, 10:05 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
reports of Pulis been top of the wanted list.guess the fans could enjoy a different feast of entertaining football.
Especially seeing as most Boro fans wanted Karanka sacked for "dull football" - they're in for a real treat with Tony P!!
Old 31.12.2017, 10:24 AM
All Pro

Mark Warburton sacked as Forest manager. Not really surprised as recent results have been awful.

Forest are a train wreck.
Old 31.12.2017, 12:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Patriot View Post
Mark Warburton sacked as Forest manager. Not really surprised as recent results have been awful.

Forest are a train wreck.
Sounds like most of the management team has gone, wonder who the owner has in mind to replace them.
Old 02.01.2018, 08:51 AM
All Pro

Norwich's season has been a disappointment so far, but the one shining light has been James Maddison. Legitimately the best youngster I've seen us have, and numerous fans have said the best young player since Craig Bellamy. He has amazing skill on the ball, great vision and creativity, and an excellent set piece on him. I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up in the England squad one day, he's already far far too good for the Championship and Norwich!
Old 16.01.2018, 07:46 PM
Hall of Fame

so Sunderland are trying to get Jack Rodwell who the spent £10m on in 2014 to agree to terminate his £70,000 a week contract that still has 18 months to run.just a good reminder at a time when most fans are desperate for there teams to spend in the transfer window.
Old 24.01.2018, 02:21 PM
MVP

what the he heck have leeds utd done with their new logo

take a pat butchers at this bad boy:

Tags
internet=serious business