Playoffs. Titans @ Patriots. - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 14.01.2018, 01:49 AM
Pro Bowler

Finally there's my pre-season ROTY pick
Old 14.01.2018, 03:09 AM
Pro

Tony Romo is killing it in the booth, yelling at the Titans for their play-calling on the 4th & 1.
Old 14.01.2018, 04:15 AM
GOAT

congrats to the refs another big win for them.

Titans were very poor after that start, many the correct calls might of made it more interesting but the battle was on the lines and the Pats won it with ease.

a dull night and likely to be be so for the next 2 Pats games.
Old 14.01.2018, 10:59 AM
All Pro

Titans O Line were awful.
Old 14.01.2018, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Predictable blowout win for the Patriots. Tennessee limped into the Playoffs with some flukey wins, took out the biggest threat to New England thanks to an Andy Reid choke job, then subsided with a whimper last night.

Guess I'll be rooting for the NFC again this year, as I very much doubt either Pittsburgh or Jacksonville will have enough in the tank to put up much of a fight next week...
Old 14.01.2018, 11:33 AM
Pro Bowler

If I heard this right,the Titans went into this game dressing only 2 RB's and for DL.How on earth does this happen?
Old 14.01.2018, 12:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
congrats to the refs another big win for them.
Bit of a stretch to say the refs were responsible for this one. The Titans are an average team so were always gonna take a battering.
Old 14.01.2018, 12:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_Bomb View Post
Bit of a stretch to say the refs were responsible for this one. The Titans are an average team so were always gonna take a battering.
Yeah, I think the Patriots were good regardless of the odd flag here and there.

Although I must admit it felt like the refs were evening up the calls late in the game once it was over as a contest. Most of the calls against the Pats came late in the game which makes little sense as the Pats had less reason to hold etc with the game won.

The Titans just got outplayed and outcoached though simple as. No suprise tbh.
Old 14.01.2018, 02:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Predictable blowout win for the Patriots. Tennessee limped into the Playoffs with some flukey wins, took out the biggest threat to New England thanks to an Andy Reid choke job, then subsided with a whimper last night.

Guess I'll be rooting for the NFC again this year, as I very much doubt either Pittsburgh or Jacksonville will have enough in the tank to put up much of a fight next week...
Guess I'll be not watching the Super Bowl this year. If it's not us I'd happily watch the Jags and would have happily watched any of the other 13 AFC teams, but not that lot. In a game that is mostly about parity, the Patriots kill the fun for me. And it's not just the dominance, it's the fact they are so dislikable with it as well. Belichick is maybe the best coach ever but he's impossible to like the way he speaks to people, Brady is similarly maybe the best QB ever but again very hard to like, Kraft is only marginally less smug and unbearable than Jerry Jones (any coincidence that those 2 were the ones to throw their toys out the pram with the commissioner? I think not). Gronk is insufferable, Edelman too..... ugh. They bad winners, bad losers. I'd rather see Baltimore win 10 Super Bowls straight. I was also an NFL fan in the 90s and do not remember there being very many UK Patriots fans. The reasons given by many here (England in the name, closest team to the UK) oddly didn't seem to apply when choosing your team back in the 90s

Last edited by European Bob; 14.01.2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old 14.01.2018, 03:00 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Guess I'll be not watching the Super Bowl this year. If it's not us I'd happily watch the Jags and would have happily watched any of the other 13 AFC teams, but not that lot. In a game that is mostly about parity, the Patriots kill the fun for me. And it's not just the dominance, it's the fact they are so dislikable with it as well. Belichick is maybe the best coach ever but he's impossible to like the way he speaks to people, Brady is similarly maybe the best QB ever but again very hard to like, Kraft is only marginally less smug and unbearable than Jerry Jones (any coincidence that those 2 were the ones to throw their toys out the pram with the commissioner? I think not). Gronk is insufferable, Edelman too..... ugh. They bad winners, bad losers. I'd rather see Baltimore win 10 Super Bowls straight. I was also an NFL fan in the 90s and do not remember there being very many UK Patriots fans. The reasons given by many here (England in the name, closest team to the UK) oddly didn't seem to apply when choosing your team back in the 90s
Agree with most of this.

Only difference is I do, for some reason, quite like Tom Brady and I will watch the Superbowl this year even if the Patriots are in it again. Because.....well......it's the Superbowl.

I do however look forward to the day the whole thing implodes in Foxboro and the Patriots endure their next 6-10 season.