The Walking Dead & Spoilers thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Entertainment/News

Old 03.03.2015, 11:58 AM
GOAT

Default The Walking Dead & Spoilers thread

It was suggested we need a separate thread for this show and several agreed.. so here it is:

Now Season 5 E12 - Remember:

What a great episode!!

The things I loved:

Rick telling Sasha to shoot the walker as they entered the town and saying: it's a good job we're here.

I liked the video interviews and I like what Carol is doing.. did anyone notice when she handed her gun over how she acted like she was not comfortable with it and then gave Rick a stone faced look as she turned her back.. then she wears granny clothes and becomes all 'stepford wife' like.. she is definitely untrusting and wanting to break into the local W.I. chapter very strategic.

Carl - for the first time in a while I did not dislike him.. he was obviously struggling with the other teens and is kinda sweet on the girl, Enid. I liked his 'bonding' time with dad killing walkers.

Daryl, he is having a hard time of it.. out side the walls he was useful - a tracker, a hunter.. in there he probably does not feel he fits in or has anything to offer. He is feral and I wonder if we might see him leave or at least make a show of leaving?

I like that Rick got cleaned up, took the Sherriff job and I loved his last line about making it work or taking the place for themselves.

The town is nice but it needs more.. those walls are ok for the walkers but a decent sized vehicle at speed will take that sheeting right down.

Michonne - while saying she gets a good feeling about Alexandria she gave herself away when Rick said he hopes she was right and she replied, so do I...

Questions:

Who took Ricks gun.. the girl Enid?.... is Enid working for another outfit and casing the town..?
Why are the supports outside the wall.. this is not a good thing, surely?? I am sure Aaron said the walls were several feet thick.. but as I mention above they are just corrugated sheeting held up by supports outside the walls??
I don't like the possible set up of Jesse as a love interest.. for one she is already married (although the husband seems a douche in Ed mode.. ) and secondly if he is to have a love interest Michonne makes more sense...Although Rick I think still has his morals and still thinks about Lori and has his kids to think about ..however he is trusting Carl more to be his own man..(see father son moment I mention above)..what are other thought on this?
How does Carol fool Deanna when the group has been watched for weeks by Aaron??
Deanna - is she playing the politician.. (Rick and his group are part of us in every way now) does she know the dangers outside and how soft her group are.. does she think she can channel Rick in the right direction.. ??
Why did they give their guns up so easily after all the distrust to get inside?

This was a great episode and opens up the series going forward into the finale which is said to be 90 minutes long...
Old 03.03.2015, 12:02 PM
All Pro

Yes, much better. I think the show is much better when they have other humans to interact with and aren't just aimlessly wandering on the open road, think that bogged down the middle part of this season and last season. Really excited to see where the show goes from here. And RIP Rick's Beard you will be missed by many you great knight.
Old 03.03.2015, 12:07 PM
Hall of Fame

COMIC BOOK SPOILER

You talk about a love interest for Rick, obviously in the comics that girl is Andrea who is deaded in the TV show. In the comics Rick has to deal with domestic violence, I'd assume that this would be the man to do that to. Maybe Carol will then open up about her issues in the past. I don't think Rick needs a love interest, I like that he has one thought, to protect Karl and baby, everything else is just secondary.
Old 03.03.2015, 12:34 PM
All Pro

Staying out of this thread if comic book hints and spoilers are going to be posted here as well...
Old 03.03.2015, 01:04 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post
Staying out of this thread if comic book hints and spoilers are going to be posted here as well...
I began this thread so people could discuss it freely and more openly than the American TV Series thread... if you do not want to possibly hear spoilers then yes best you stay clear and remain in the TV thread..
Old 03.03.2015, 01:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka#39 View Post
I began this thread so people could discuss it freely and more openly than the American TV Series thread... if you do not want to possibly hear spoilers then yes best you stay clear and remain in the TV thread..
I agree, if we keep the thread in the TV section Comic Book spoiler free then people can't complain.

But I did give a big warning regarding my spoiler, which I think should be enough to stop people reading my drivel.
Old 03.03.2015, 03:52 PM
GOAT

Quote:
good to know, probably need to get someone to change the title as it might well catch a few out, maybe to the comic spoilers thread or such.
Old 03.03.2015, 04:02 PM
All Pro

On a slight tangent, are the comics worth reading if I'm up to date with the show and haven't read any of them. I did something similar with Game of Thrones and couldn't get into the books.
Old 03.03.2015, 04:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Oh I wasn't mithering, just wondered which one was spoiler free
Old 04.03.2015, 10:53 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_Bomb View Post
On a slight tangent, are the comics worth reading if I'm up to date with the show and haven't read any of them. I did something similar with Game of Thrones and couldn't get into the books.
I'd never read a comic before and liked them very much so. I've stopped reading them now as they didn't seem to be going anywhere.