NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Old 20.12.2017, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default Week 16. Seahawks @ Cowboys.

Game thread.
Old 21.12.2017, 12:14 PM
MVP

You would expect the Seahawks to be right up for this game after the humiliation they experienced last week. The game might be irrelevant should the Falcons win, but if we are both still alive, I have a bad feeling this is where our season ends. Great to have Zeke back, and still be in the hunt as things stand, but feel the Seahawks will have too much for your defense.

Seahawks 24 Cowboys 19.
Old 22.12.2017, 08:22 AM
All Pro

I agree with Nick re: Seattle winning - I really think the Cowboys just aren't particularly good, and Zeke coming back isn't suddenly going to transform them into some world beating team. The offence needs to be overhauled, they have no explosive weapons at WR/TE now Dez has lost a step, Beasley is missing in action and Witten is a million years old. They really need to attack this area in the draft and free agency imo.
Old 22.12.2017, 12:56 PM
MVP

Shows how good Witten has been, though. A million years old and still one of the best tight ends in the league.
Old 22.12.2017, 03:40 PM
Hall of Fame

Certainly looks like a close one on paper. The Cowboys need to get to (or contain) Wilson, end of. If he's allowed, or manages, to escape the pocket, prolong plays or pick up vital 3rd downs it's going to end their season.

Seems obvious, but keep things manageable on offence, which Zeke should help with. Then find 3rd down stops on defence.

Oh, and find a way to get Tyron Smith out there......please.
Old 23.12.2017, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Seattle could bounce back in a big way after their sorry effort against the Rams last week, or they could just as easily capitulate. Ezekiel Elliott's return is obviously huge for Dallas, and though I expect this to be a close one, I think they edge it...

Cowboys 24 Seahawks 20
Old 24.12.2017, 11:24 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Certainly looks like a close one on paper. The Cowboys need to get to (or contain) Wilson, end of. If he's allowed, or manages, to escape the pocket, prolong plays or pick up vital 3rd downs it's going to end their season.

Seems obvious, but keep things manageable on offence, which Zeke should help with. Then find 3rd down stops on defence.

Oh, and find a way to get Tyron Smith out there......please.
Trouble is, Smith is a bit of a liability at the mo and i,m not sure Cowboys would be better off putting Bell in there? Smith clearly struggled against the Raiders. Containing Wilson is, as you say the key, think Cowboys sneak it, but may not matter!
Old 24.12.2017, 12:51 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Trouble is, Smith is a bit of a liability at the mo and i,m not sure Cowboys would be better off putting Bell in there? Smith clearly struggled against the Raiders. Containing Wilson is, as you say the key, think Cowboys sneak it, but may not matter!
I'll risk starting Smith over Bell. Even if he only gets through the 1st half. If Bell starts then the game plan needs to give him help every other play, and run the ball off the right side or up the middle more often than not. Failing that Zack Martin might be asked to pull in the run game, but that opens things up for negetive plays too if things go wrong.

This Seahawks front is still good, plus Wagner and Wright look to be starting. Even if we struggle early they have to commit to Zeke, pound the rock and it should pay dividends later in the game.

If the Falcons beat the Saints though it could really take the wind out of everyone's sails.
Old 24.12.2017, 01:46 PM
MVP

At least with the Seahawks defense being butchered with injuries it opens it up for Dak to throw it down the field rather than relying on the run game.
Old 24.12.2017, 04:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
At least with the Seahawks defense being butchered with injuries it opens it up for Dak to throw it down the field rather than relying on the run game.
They might be missing Sherman and Chancellor but they've still got Earl Thomas back there in coverage and Michael Bennett, Sheldon Richardson and Frank Clark rushing the passer. Our receivers better find a way to getting open quicker than they have been doing so far this season.