Premier League Thread - Page 3032 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 05.05.2018, 07:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Despite Stoke being useless, WBA committing suicide by hiring Alan Pardew & West Ham's amusing meltdowns, no team has disappointed as much as Everton

They are so painful to watch. Evertonians deserve and need more than Allardyce dialling it in, in exchange for the final pot of his pension
and yet come October/November he will be favourite to replace any struggling premier league manager.
Old 05.05.2018, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Southampton deserved 3 points. Conceding in the 5th minute of stoppage time, after 4 were shown on the board.

Plus, Everton won a free kick down near their own corner flag in about the 93rd minute.......then took it about 15 yards from where it was given. THAT really annoys me in football. If it's near the opposition box refs are soooo pedantic about where the free kick is taken from........yet at the other end of the pitch? Take it wherever you want. Refs!
More bothered about the free kick being taken from the wrong place tbh, people always seem to ignore the “minimum of” part of time added on when they complain about it. Happy with the result tbh, keeps a bit of drama alive going into the last knockings of a forgettable season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Sir Alex Ferguson has had emergency surgery on Saturday for a brain haemorrhage.
A United statement said the procedure "had gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to optimise his recovery".
Never a fan of United under Ferguson (or since), but wish him all the best in his recovery...
Old 05.05.2018, 11:08 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Sir Alex Ferguson has had emergency surgery on Saturday for a brain haemorrhage.
A United statement said the procedure "had gone very well but he needs a period of intensive care to optimise his recovery".
avoided all football related news/scores today (including on here) cos i wanted to watch it on my recorded MOTD which started with the news hope he's ok. was a classy act for him to give wenger an award prior to the arsenal game last week.

though i couldn't avoid all the scores .... pre bellew haye fight bellew was interviewed and was told that everton had a last minute equaliser which he didn't know about. and neither did i
Old 05.05.2018, 11:19 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Stoke go down with a whimper...
Quote:
Good. They've stunk up the PL for too long.

ryan "he isn't that sort of player" shawcross
Old 06.05.2018, 01:52 AM
GOAT

Quote:
I agree

But you can get someone who is 6ft 4", awkward to deal with, handy with his elbows and has the footballing ability of a Conference player for a lot less than what Fellaini's asking
not so sure on that one, otherwise other teams would be using them on there bench.

he is mostly an ok player, not one that should be starting but he knows how to use his assets better than most and it was a clever header.

Quote:
Good. They've stunk up the PL for too long.
there are worse smells in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Southampton deserved 3 points. Conceding in the 5th minute of stoppage time, after 4 were shown on the board.

Plus, Everton won a free kick down near their own corner flag in about the 93rd minute.......then took it about 15 yards from where it was given. THAT really annoys me in football. If it's near the opposition box refs are soooo pedantic about where the free kick is taken from........yet at the other end of the pitch? Take it wherever you want. Refs!
i think the bigger issue is that it shouldnt have been a free kick.

hopefully its a draw on Tuesday and WBA somehow pull off this impossible escape.

Quote:
Despite Stoke being useless, WBA committing suicide by hiring Alan Pardew & West Ham's amusing meltdowns, no team has disappointed as much as Everton

They are so painful to watch. Evertonians deserve and need more than Allardyce dialling it in, in exchange for the final pot of his pension
they are in 8th and he came in when they were 17th.

not too shabby, he sets sides up right.

maybe in the summer he can find some of those flair players

at the moment Everton are pretty much on the beach.
Old 06.05.2018, 03:15 PM
MVP

so martin keown was spot on after the atleti game; 'you won't see ozil play again this season with some mystery illness'.

Mesut Äwol.
Old 06.05.2018, 03:28 PM
MVP

i know there is something planned for after the game but what a pitiful pre-match wenger tribute. our fans suck.
Old 06.05.2018, 05:21 PM
MVP

Conte complaining to the fourth official about too much time added on at the end of the game. Then makes a substitution in injury time to put more time on the clock...
Old 06.05.2018, 05:40 PM
MVP

merci arsene.

i'm not crying you are.
Old 06.05.2018, 06:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
so martin keown was spot on after the atleti game; 'you won't see ozil play again this season with some mystery illness'.

Mesut Äwol.
and yet somehow the celebrated locking Ozil down to a nice new contract with a nice pay rise.Wonder if a new manager can toughen him up.