Premier League Thread - Page 3082 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #30811  
Old 02.03.2019, 11:22 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

i do dislike when pundits play both sides, player goes down to easily and gets a pen they moan how soft it is, player goes down easily and doesnt get a pen they moan that it wasnt given.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
So, this North London Derby will be remembered for the ref then.

Kane's penalty was offside, but to be fair its tough to watch the free kick taker and the line at the same time. A decision VAR would've got right though.

Auvamayang's penalty was soft. I can see how you could be led to believe its a pen, but it wasn't.

Torreira's red? Not for me. A yellow, he's caught him half way up his shin, but not a red imo. Easier to make those red card decisions in the last minute not the first though. Bet its a yellow if its in the first minute of the game.

Ramsey has taken Juve to the cleaners too if the wage reports were true. He wasn't a £7.2m a season player today.

and you left out his biggest error, allowing the crazy encroachment on that Arsenal penalty, it was a pretty easy spot.



for me neither of them were pens, i can see why both were given but both seem pretty soft, the Spurs one was a stronger claim though.



i do hate that kind of red card too.



Ramsey doesnt need to be worth that sort of wage as a FA you get that extra bit of money.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
I know you cant be lucky every week of a long season but ever since he wrapped up the title everything he has touched as gone wrong.

he had the side needed and Kante was a driving force in that side.



it was a big ask to come in and do something with that Fulham side.
people mock the safe old gets us to safety type managers but its a feat that deserves its own credit.
Reply With Quote
  #30812  
Old 03.03.2019, 06:43 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
So, this North London Derby will be remembered for the ref then.

Kane's penalty was offside, but to be fair its tough to watch the free kick taker and the line at the same time. A decision VAR would've got right though.

Auvamayang's penalty was soft. I can see how you could be led to believe its a pen, but it wasn't.

Torreira's red? Not for me. A yellow, he's caught him half way up his shin, but not a red imo. Easier to make those red card decisions in the last minute not the first though. Bet its a yellow if its in the first minute of the game.

Ramsey has taken Juve to the cleaners too if the wage reports were true. He wasn't a £7.2m a season player today.
according to the guys on the sunday supplement who have spoken to many other ex-officials the decision on the penalty was correct.

seems because the player can be off-side but isn't committing an offence till he influences the play but he was deemed to be fouled before he make any contact with the ball so that offence counts,guess that's the rules so learn a new thing every day.

also lets hope Xhaka get a 3 match ban for that shocking 12 minute tackle from behind aimed at Kane's knee,the one the official didn't even give a free kick for.
Reply With Quote
  #30813  
Old 03.03.2019, 07:48 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
according to the guys on the sunday supplement who have spoken to many other ex-officials the decision on the penalty was correct.

seems because the player can be off-side but isn't committing an offence till he influences the play but he was deemed to be fouled before he make any contact with the ball so that offence counts,guess that's the rules so learn a new thing every day.

also lets hope Xhaka get a 3 match ban for that shocking 12 minute tackle from behind aimed at Kane's knee,the one the official didn't even give a free kick for.
They don't know what they want these days. If you're offside you are interfering with play by influencing the decisions of those around you imo. Everything from that moment on should be a moot point. 'interfering with play' is so subjective it just makes things more complicated.

I don't think Xhaka aimed at his knee per se, but it was certainly a foul, and should've been a booking. The ref probably bottled it because he knew Xhaka on a yellow would make life more difficult for him later in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #30814  
Old 03.03.2019, 08:13 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
They don't know what they want these days. If you're offside you are interfering with play by influencing the decisions of those around you imo. Everything from that moment on should be a moot point. 'interfering with play' is so subjective it just makes things more complicated.

I don't think Xhaka aimed at his knee per se, but it was certainly a foul, and should've been a booking. The ref probably bottled it because he knew Xhaka on a yellow would make life more difficult for him later in the game.
the off-side rule in this case does seem strange but it must be written that way by the people who make the rules but like the hand ball rule seems to get tweaked every year or two but still has grey area's.

City gotta fancy there chances know,Liverpool becoming the draw specialist at the wrong time.
Reply With Quote
  #30815  
Old 03.03.2019, 08:56 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
City gotta fancy there chances know,Liverpool becoming the draw specialist at the wrong time.
Looking at City and Liverpool's fixtures Spurs could have a big say in how it plays out. They have to go to the Ethiad and Anfield. City go to Old Trafford too.

Liverpool have the easier run in though imo, so although they are a point behind City i'd still have them as favourites. They should beat anyone outside the top 6 really, but if they do stumble to another unexpected draw and drop 2 more points then they might be in trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #30816  
Old 03.03.2019, 11:21 PM
iffies's Avatar
iffies iffies is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 08.09.2006
Posts: 5,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
They don't know what they want these days. If you're offside you are interfering with play by influencing the decisions of those around you imo. Everything from that moment on should be a moot point. 'interfering with play' is so subjective it just makes things more complicated.
As Cloughie used to say, if you aren't interfering with play what are you doing on the pitch?
Reply With Quote
  #30817  
Old 07.03.2019, 06:03 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

so Wolves announced that there last season in the championship they made a £57m loss on top of a £25m+ loss the season before.maybe money well spent now they are in the PL and cant be punished for breaking football league spending rules.

also the FA decide to throw the book at a manager with a 2 match touchline ban for 1 on-field blow up which he apologised immediately for while Klopp can question the integrity of the ref after the West Ham game on TV and only get slap on the wrist fines.
Reply With Quote
  #30818  
Old 07.03.2019, 06:16 PM
goodkarma84's Avatar
goodkarma84 goodkarma84 is offline
GOAT
 
Join Date: 15.09.2008
Posts: 27,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
so Wolves announced that there last season in the championship they made a £57m loss on top of a £25m+ loss the season before.maybe money well spent now they are in the PL and cant be punished for breaking football league spending rules.

also the FA decide to throw the book at a manager with a 2 match touchline ban for 1 on-field blow up which he apologised immediately for while Klopp can question the integrity of the ref after the West Ham game on TV and only get slap on the wrist fines.



our manager got a 3 match ban, so its all random nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #30819  
Old 07.03.2019, 07:25 PM
lee harris 10's Avatar
lee harris 10 lee harris 10 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 05.09.2010
Posts: 10,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
our manager got a 3 match ban, so its all random nonsense.
what Poch did was wrong and he admitted it and deserved a 1 game ban at most but 2 games while others just accuse officials in the media of been biased just get a small fine.

hopefully he wins his appeal if not then the FA should start banning others next time they cross the line but not holding my breathe.
Reply With Quote
  #30820  
Old 09.03.2019, 05:25 PM
RichardCunliffe's Avatar
RichardCunliffe RichardCunliffe is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 18,297
Default

Spurs go to Dortmund and win......

..... then go to Southampton and lose.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 01:30 AM.