Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 808 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 12.01.2017, 11:15 PM
All Pro

Irony is that I'm actually fond of LA, I just have no interest in the sports teams based there.

Oh well, it's been fun (in a sort of masochistic way).
Old 17.01.2017, 07:27 PM
Pro Bowler

Massively disappointed with the outcome last week and feel sorry for those who have been with the Chargers for all these years (last 8 years for me), I will be sticking with them in LA as much as I had hoped that would not be the case like nearly every other fan.

Unfortunately I did not get the chance to make the trip to San Diego for a game. Seems such a disgrace for all those fan particularly based in San Diego City to lose their team over night.

Will have to wait and see what LA brings but certainly not looking very positive and for the life of me can't see them drumming up the support from anywhere in the near future.

Also the appointment of Lynn has not improved my enthusiasm after the last 2 years in particular.
Old 18.01.2017, 07:54 PM
MVP

Just watched the Lynn presser. I like him. Comes across well. Had never heard of him before he was hired but I liked his straight talking and his enthusiasm.

Apparently the chargers will keep the same uniforms for the next 2 seasons whilst at the stub hub. May change for 1st season in the new inglewood stadium but for now, the move aside, not alot else seems to be changing
Old 19.01.2017, 08:57 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
Just watched the Lynn presser. I like him. Comes across well. Had never heard of him before he was hired but I liked his straight talking and his enthusiasm.

Apparently the chargers will keep the same uniforms for the next 2 seasons whilst at the stub hub. May change for 1st season in the new inglewood stadium but for now, the move aside, not alot else seems to be changing
Agree he did come across well and actually answered questions in a normal manner and with some passion – other than the boring repetitive crap we have had to listen from McCoy for the last 4 years!

Obviously as much as he was not my top pick or many others, will have to see how he gets on this year. As he has rightly said the team is there to win straight away.
Old 19.01.2017, 12:14 PM
Starter

With Rivers getting older it makes sense to look to run the ball more, and it certainly seems like with Lynn in charge that will be the case. Be interesting to see what we do with Woodhead up for renewal, and I'm guessing McCluster and Hillman will be on their way.

Do we keep Woodhead or look in the draft for a cheaper alternative?
Old 19.01.2017, 07:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD83 View Post
With Rivers getting older it makes sense to look to run the ball more, and it certainly seems like with Lynn in charge that will be the case. Be interesting to see what we do with Woodhead up for renewal, and I'm guessing McCluster and Hillman will be on their way.

Do we keep Woodhead or look in the draft for a cheaper alternative?
Would like to see Woodhead stay and I am sure Rivers would also. They did work together at the Jets I believe so already some familiarity straight away.

McCluster and Hillman definitely out the door.

Branden Oliver to come back, have to see if he can come back strong from a bad injury also.
Old 20.01.2017, 11:08 AM
MVP

You'd imagine they've bring back oliver and I'd be very much in favour of that move. Would love to see Woodward back too

Guess we're all remaining charger fans then?
Old 20.01.2017, 12:21 PM
Starter

The owners handled it terribly. I'm not in love with the move but....would just feel weird rooting for someone else. Feel for all the San Diegans.
Old 21.01.2017, 10:26 AM
Pro Bowler

Well I will be staying a Charger fan, not happy with how this has played out at all. But could not support any other team.
Old 21.01.2017, 10:36 AM
Pro Bowler

Well we finally have ourselves a new DC - certainly be interesting to see what Gus Bradley can do with the Defence. Have a good base to work with.

Hopefully we can pick up a Safety or Offensive Lineman in the first round. WR is another need as just can't be sure Allen will be fit and Williams had an excellent season but definitely not a number 1 Receiver.

Can see Telesco going for a Safety - Hooker or Adams with the 7th pick.

Undecided on the Ingram situation and whether we should Tag him.