NFLUK.com to relaunch as NFL.com/UK - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Sponsored Links

Old 19.09.2018, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

If this is the future of communication I want no part of it. How is this even remotely comparable to the in-depth discussion we’ve had on this forum going back over a decade.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/146194...f=group_header

https://twitter.com/nfluk/status/104...532070912?s=12

It appears that getting a retweet or fishing for a thumbs up is more important to NFLUK than actually engaging their 162.8k Twitter followers in intelligent debate. How can this platform be appealing or in any way be a step forward compared to the community that was built and destroyed here on this forum.

Last edited by boknows34; 19.09.2018 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 19.09.2018, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

I am not a fan of Facebook or twitter. I find that medium akin to a smash and grab and suddenly a thread can be lost in a mire of guff. Whereas forums in my view are a more substantial experience to the user and your point doesn't get lost.

Yes this site has lost its way over the past few years but a number of reasons play into that. But I would rather have this medium than any other, could be an age thing but I cannot get my head around the other two or its appeal.

Mark
Old 19.09.2018, 01:32 PM
All Pro

There's nothing that could replace a forum for in depth discussion in my opinion.

Joined an FB group once left after a couple of days, the experience to me was tantamount to bullying, someone shares an opinion, rather than a discussion you're labled this and that and that's where the discussion ends. It just does not work as a platform for discussion. As a way of keeping up with Friends and family great, anything else forget about it!

Twitter as others have said is like shouting in the dark, the character limit immediately puts pay to any form of discussion. The only highlights of using Twitter for me was getting retweeted by Chandler Jones and Julian Edelman.

Reddit is the closest form of social media that could replace the forum but I find it too messy to find my way around!
Old 19.09.2018, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic_matt View Post
There's nothing that could replace a forum for in depth discussion in my opinion.

Joined an FB group once left after a couple of days, the experience to me was tantamount to bullying, someone shares an opinion, rather than a discussion you're labled this and that and that's where the discussion ends. It just does not work as a platform for discussion. As a way of keeping up with Friends and family great, anything else forget about it!

Twitter as others have said is like shouting in the dark, the character limit immediately puts pay to any form of discussion. The only highlights of using Twitter for me was getting retweeted by Chandler Jones and Julian Edelman.

Reddit is the closest form of social media that could replace the forum but I find it too messy to find my way around!
Agree with everything you say Matt. Twitter and Facebook have their strengths and are both very useful in their own way, but they simply don’t work as a platform for intelligent discussion. Forums are still thriving when managed properly.
Old 21.09.2018, 08:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
If you want good debate and an actual functioning forum, along with a nice community then head over to http://www.uknflfan.co.uk/forum.php

Combination of a working forum, which allows for discussion but also a shoutbox to discuss things daily in time also, and a nice community too. Would thoroughly recommend signing up and saying hello, I didn’t regret it and neither will you

It’s a real shame to see what this forum became - NFLUK over the past two years have shown in numerous actions and way they treat the fans that they only care about ££££. It’s a damn shame
Totally agree with this.