Advice Welcome - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 05.07.2014, 04:05 PM
Starter

Default Advice Welcome

Greetings Colts Fans!

I'm looking for any advice on Indianapolis. I'm going to the Redskins game in November (sandwiched between Michigan @ Ohio State and Jets MNF).

I have my hotel and ticket, however I need somewhere in Indy to spend thanksgiving watching the games. Also be grateful for any game day tips.

Many Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06.07.2014, 11:16 AM
Team Captain

There's like a millions bars downtown, everything's really close together. Kilroy's is a good place to watch the games.

Get there early, go to the bars, Colts grille is good pre-game. Tailgate, walk round the stadium, its a beauty.

As far as Indy is concerned you have Monument circle, the NCAA hall of champs, St Elmo steakhouse, Indy speedway and museum, Bankers life fieldhouse (if you like your basketball) Canal walk and the Mass Ave cultural district to explore.

Last edited by Hollywood_87; 06.07.2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07.06.2015, 03:40 PM
MVP

I'd like to bump this thread. We will be going to a game in Indianapolis and will have a few days spare to see the city - what's good to do? We won't have a car, by the way. Shopping we'll be doing in Pittsburgh - no sales tax in Pennsylvania and obviously higher selection of Steelers merch!
Old 14.06.2015, 01:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Also thinking of going to the broncos game.
Old 29.06.2015, 03:59 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_87 View Post
There's like a millions bars downtown, everything's really close together. Kilroy's is a good place to watch the games.

Get there early, go to the bars, Colts grille is good pre-game. Tailgate, walk round the stadium, its a beauty.

As far as Indy is concerned you have Monument circle, the NCAA hall of champs, St Elmo steakhouse, Indy speedway and museum, Bankers life fieldhouse (if you like your basketball) Canal walk and the Mass Ave cultural district to explore.
So I wrote this under my old username and would still recommend all of this to do.

Indy is seen as somewhat limited in terms of things to do in the midwest and if you have a few days I would honestly consider greyhounding it or flying to Chicago, as you can see pretty much everything worth seeing in Indy in a day or 2.

Not to say it is without its charms. Luckily Indianapolis is a very compact city downtown, the stadium is literally in the centre of town so not having a car is not an issue at all unless you want to get out to Broad Ripple or some of the more trendy/young areas.

I would also say you should visit Massachusetts Avenue, the art district of the city is well worth visiting. Andrew Luck lives here. I've seen him in MacNiven's Scottish bar (which is a fantastic establishment anyway) after a Sunday game as he lives in the apartment complex next door, so it's good for some meeting potential. (Not a stalker, honest!)

Last edited by dreamer7; 29.06.2015 at 04:16 PM.