Return of LA Raiders - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 17.08.2014, 02:01 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
As an interested onlooker and nothing more, would anyone on here stop supporting the Raiders if the moved to LA?
No chance they were the LA Raiders when I started supporting them, but knew all about their Oakland history. Did I stop supporting them when they were no longer the LA Raiders when they moved back to Oakland? No. As long as they are the something Raiders and stick with the same badge and uniform I will support them.

If they became say the San Antonio Raiders and look the same I will support them. If they became the San Antonio Oilers, change their complete uniform and badge then to me they would be classed as a new team and the Raiders would be history.

Not sure everyone would agree with this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.08.2014, 03:29 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartMansfield View Post
No chance they were the LA Raiders when I started supporting them, but knew all about their Oakland history. Did I stop supporting them when they were no longer the LA Raiders when they moved back to Oakland? No. As long as they are the something Raiders and stick with the same badge and uniform I will support them.

If they became say the San Antonio Raiders and look the same I will support them. If they became the San Antonio Oilers, change their complete uniform and badge then to me they would be classed as a new team and the Raiders would be history.

I agree with you Stuart, I'm a Raider fan. As long as they remain the Raiders I will remain a Raider fan. I would prefer them to stay in Cali personally.
Old 17.08.2014, 04:29 PM
MVP

For me, if the Steelers move, it would very much depend. I'm a Pittsburgh sports fan generally, been there, like the city, also support the baseball and hockey teams. If the Steelers just moved to a new town and were still the Steelers (unlikely given the name) I would probably follow them unless Pittsburgh had a new team in its place, in which case I would support that. If Pittsburgh had no team and the Steelers moved and completely changed their uniforms and team name I don't think I would support them - I think I would probably just be a fan of the NFL (which I am already really, I watch as many games as I can throughout each week, it's just that I will always choose the Steelers when they are on). Maybe I would stay neutral, maybe over time I would sympathise with someone else. Hopefully I never have to deal with any of that though!
Old 17.08.2014, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

The Raiders are the Raiders, simply moving stadium to another area doesnt change who they are, still the Raiders and to be honest in thinking changes like this are probably expected of us.

However a change from Raiders, which includes uniform and badge would be a step far far to far and they would no longer be the Raiders, somehow an iconic name and history that can never be tampered with.

Mark

Last edited by Raider12; 17.08.2014 at 05:55 PM.
Old 17.08.2014, 05:59 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Agree with this (and the others) as long as they remain the Raiders i'll support them.
Old 17.08.2014, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Also agree with Stuart's thoughts. The Raiders brand, colours, history and logo must stay.

To Euro Bob: In the unlikely event the Steelers moved out of Pittsburgh I think the franchise would have a new identity like the Ravens, and the city of Pittsburgh would be promised an expansion team with the Steelers name, logo and history (much like Cleveland in the 1990s).
Old 17.08.2014, 08:34 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Also agree with Stuart's thoughts. The Raiders brand, colours, history and logo must stay.

To Euro Bob: In the unlikely event the Steelers moved out of Pittsburgh I think the franchise would have a new identity like the Ravens, and the city of Pittsburgh would be promised an expansion team with the Steelers name, logo and history (much like Cleveland in the 1990s).
I think that is probably right.

Where do you think the Raiders would play? I suppose in the short term they would need to use the Rose Bowl or the Coliseum. After that, are either of those 2 stadium designs even viable (the Farmers Field one and the Grand Crossing one)? I was under the impression that both groups proposing those stadiums wanted a stake in the team that plays there. What kind of stake I don't know, but is that even up for discussion with the Raiders?
Old 17.08.2014, 08:49 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
I think that is probably right.

Where do you think the Raiders would play? I suppose in the short term they would need to use the Rose Bowl or the Coliseum. After that, are either of those 2 stadium designs even viable (the Farmers Field one and the Grand Crossing one)? I was under the impression that both groups proposing those stadiums wanted a stake in the team that plays there. What kind of stake I don't know, but is that even up for discussion with the Raiders?
An interesting perspective from an LA point of view.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...15-column.html
Old 17.08.2014, 09:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrits69 View Post
An interesting perspective from an LA point of view.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la...15-column.html
Interesting read, I knew the Rams were available for a move next year but didn't realise the Chargers were.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Chargers moved to LA and we ended up is San Diego.

Actually how likely would that be?
Old 17.08.2014, 09:25 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar Raider View Post
Interesting read, I knew the Rams were available for a move next year but didn't realise the Chargers were.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Chargers moved to LA and we ended up is San Diego.

Actually how likely would that be?
Unlikely, I think. If San Diego builds a new stadium it will be for the Chargers.