Indianapolis Colts Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Sponsored Links

Old 25.01.2005, 08:47 PM
All Pro

Default Indianapolis Colts Thread

Thought id start a Indy thread seen as though other teams have got a team thread and there are a few colts fans that are in hiding at the moment! Under pat helmets, which includes me!

So to get it going a few questions about the colts and this season and the future!

Should we keep Edge or can Rhodes step up? Should we franchise him?

Will Polian & Dungy go 4 'the best available player' in the draft or will they be sensible and go for the best D player that doesnt play in the same position as Freeney?

Why did we lose to the pats? and why do we keep losing to the pats? TBH i thought we were just out played this year!

Will Indianapolis Colts still be the Indianapolis Colts in a few years time and would you still support them if they did move for e.g. to LA? I would, as its the same team just with a different name!

nicky ;D
Sponsored Links
Old 25.01.2005, 10:18 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Colt_Ant
Default Re:Indianapolis Colts Thread

Well Rhodes stepped up when Edge was injured and as good as edge did last season im not convinced about him there were a few times where he ran to the sidelines to easy and gave a bit of a stiff arm to the defender and just glided out of bounds as opposed to lowering the shoulders and fighting for a couple of yards...

and Rhodes yes he has had a 1000 yards season but like people like Droughns and Blaylock hes not proved it over a couple of seasons so im not sure..

i think we need to go for D players especially with picks 1 to 3

i also think in either the draft or FA we need to pick up a big 250+ Full back to help with our running of the ball to either block for edge or pound the ball a bit we needed that against the Pattys

id also cut pollard to get Dallas to step up and bring Harstock in on our 2 TE formations...

oh hand the kicking situation needs to be tidied up ..id keep Hunter hes one of the top punters about but we need a PK who can kick off too not a luxury like Vandy with his PATs and FGs only
Old 25.01.2005, 10:18 PM
All Pro

from this the last few seasons rhodes has been playing brilliantly. he has the talent to replace edge whom we need to release for cap reasons. the only question that i could possibly answer is can he remain fit for the whole season.

Dungy has nothing to do with the draft selection, he can only make decisions. ultimatetly i believe the decison come down to Polian who is a complete idiot. We must NOT trade out of the 1st round and not do the same as last year and trade down to obtain more picks. We must not draft any offensive players early, not even a RB. our main focus should be the DT and Lb positions.

We lost to the pats because we simply can't defeat BB's defensive system.

WHEN we move to LA i will remain a colts fan as they are still the same team only with a different name.

A question that's i've been pondering over is wheither or not we will keep Morris and Thornton for no more than a few more seasons?
Old 25.01.2005, 10:28 PM
All Pro

Should Edge go? Definately YES, as Bigtoe says we need the cap room and he really is past his best now. He is more of a finess back with no real burst of speed. Rhodes needs to be given a chance to show he can be a really good back for us.

I do think that Dungy has a say in who we pick on draft day, but Polian is the man who is gonna have the final say. If he continues his 70% spend on the offense then he really is a complete fool...as most of us suspect already!!

We need to address linebacker positions, in particular Rob Morris as he really is not very good, I think that Cato June and Thornton have done ok this year, deffo Cato has a future.

With Strickland back from injury next year and Doss and Sanders in the saftey positions, I think our secondary could be quite good, although there is a real lack of depth if any of those guys sustain injuries. Maybe a quilty CB in the draft would also be a good idea...are you listening Bill??

We aint moving to LA or anywhere else for that matter...a finance package will be sorted and the Colts will stay in Indy and have a great new stadium and host the SB in a few years time...
Old 25.01.2005, 11:07 PM
All Pro

[quote author=delusional scotsman (bigtoe) link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=0#msg161838 date=1106691526]

A question that's i've been pondering over is wheither or not we will keep Morris and Thornton for no more than a few more seasons?
[/quote]

Morris should go, in my opinion hes not good enough, we should be looking at a good rookie to build up until morris' contract runs out. Although all the colts fans on the websites forum love our D as if its #1 esecailly rob morris!

nicky ;D
Old 25.01.2005, 11:41 PM
MVP

Greetings
Old 26.01.2005, 12:06 AM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Colt_Ant

[quote author=brady is better than manning + stokley is soft (coltsUK) link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=0#msg161872 date=1106694425]
[quote author=delusional scotsman (bigtoe) link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=0#msg161838 date=1106691526]

[/quote]

Morris should go, in my opinion hes not good enough, we should be looking at a good rookie to build up until morris' contract runs out. Although all the colts fans on the websites forum love our D as if its #1 esecailly rob morris!

nicky ;D
[/quote]

anyone know what the rest of our Free agents are? im sure i heard that Morris is a UFA this year...
Old 26.01.2005, 04:36 PM
All Pro

[quote author=New England is our Daddy (Colt_Ant) link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=0#msg161900 date=1106697961]
[quote author=brady is better than manning + stokley is soft (coltsUK) link=board=1;threadid=7889;start=0#msg161872 date=1106694425]

[/quote]

nicky ;D
[/quote]

anyone know what the rest of our Free agents are? im sure i heard that Morris is a UFA this year...
[/quote]

not sure now, most of the big guns have been wrapped up already (harrison), i think i remember our mate I......o.o.....I saying that Harper was out of contract this year and i hope he goes, and we can pick up a decent CB in FA or the draft, they will probably be better than harper anyway! Strickland wil be back next year and we need to have someone with him and jason david and we will have a decent 2ndary.

What you guys think about bashir? personally i dont think he is better than doss or saunders, and i really think if saunders can stay fit he will have a big year!

nicky ;D
Old 26.01.2005, 05:16 PM
All Pro

What do you guys think of this?

I think we dont need a new RB but most of the people in the colts board do! ??? cant they see rhodes is good enough?

anyway..........

------------------

By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
1/26/2005

Travis Henry named five teams who have shown interest.

Running back Travis Henry wants a new home. His agent says he'll get his wish.
Hadley Engelhard has been working the phones since the Buffalo Bills granted his client permission to seek a trade. Engelhard is confident that someone will come calling.

"We've had dialogue with several organizations, and they have all been positive," Engelhard said by phone Tuesday from his office in Atlanta. "The process has begun. It is going to take some time, but it's definitely moving forward."

Engelhard declined to say which teams he's talked to, but Henry told the Palm Beach (Fla.) Post last week that Miami, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Carolina and Arizona are among those that have expressed interest.

The NFL trading period doesn't begin until March 2, so the Bills won't be fielding calls any time soon. Because Henry is still under contract with the Bills, interested teams can talk only to his agent.

Engelhard said there is no timetable on a potential trade.

"We started the process early so we could get the ball rolling," he said. "Things are moving forward. As things take place, we'll see how it plays out."

Henry wasn't happy when the Bills gave Willis McGahee the starting running back job midway through the season. McGahee was sensational, gaining 1,128 yards with 13 touchdowns.

Henry was relegated to spot duty before missing the last five games with a torn ligament in his right ankle. He finished the season with only 326 yards, the lowest total of his four-year career.

Henry kept silent about his demotion during the season. But the day after the Bills' 29-24 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, he made it clear that he wanted out of Buffalo.

Henry's fate rests solely in the Bills' hands. As President and General Manager Tom Donahoe said recently, the Bills aren't going to give him away, so a team will have to make an appealing offer to get Henry.

It is believed the Bills want a second-round pick for this year. However, it remains to be seen if a team would be willing to give up such a high pick for Henry.

Teams that need a running back will have plenty of options this offseason. The free agent market will be deep with big names like Seattle's Shaun Alexander, Indianapolis' Edgerrin James and Cincinnati's Rudi Johnson possibly available.

In addition, the upcoming draft is loaded with quality college runners headed by Cedric Benson of Texas, Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown of Auburn and Vernand Morency of Oklahoma State.

Despite the glut of available backs, Engelhard believes Henry wouldn't have a problem finding a starting job because his age (26) and past production (1,438- and 1,356-yard seasons in 2002-03) make him attractive.

"He's a No. 1 back in the NFL. There's no doubt about it," Engelhard said. "He will go to a place where he will be a featured back."

Some possible destinations:

• Miami: Sammy Morris, Lamar Gordon and Travis Minor didn't make anyone forget Ricky Williams.

• Tampa Bay: Michael Pittman (926 rushing yards) led the NFL with six lost fumbles. The Bucs have 11 draft picks overall, including four in the top 100.

• Oakland: Henry might be an option if Shaun Alexander isn't available.

• Carolina: The Panthers are seeking injury insurance for Stephen Davis (knee) and DeShaun Foster (shoulder).

• Arizona: Asked about a trade for Henry, coach Dennis Green told an Arizona radio station that "we will look at it carefully."

• Seattle: Coach Mike Holmgren has made re-signing Alexander a top priority, but the contracts of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, Pro Bowl offensive tackle Walter Jones and cornerback Ken Lucas are up as well.

• Indianapolis: The Colts might slap the franchise tag on James, but they would consider trading him if the price

----------------

stolen from the colts board

nicky ;D
Old 26.01.2005, 05:52 PM
All Pro

glad to see a colts board!
I think the edgerrin situation is a difficult one. He is not the explosive runner he once was but has become a more intelligent rusher watching his blockers and going for the three to four yard rushes. That id perhaps the most annoying thing, i cant bloody remember last time he made a massive yard gain on a play! yet he plays in team that prefers throwing than rushing and for him to finish third in overall rushing states suggests a good season.
YET priority is gotta be defence if we are gonna get past the patriots or a championship game.
FRANCHISE Edge, Rhodes is a quality rb and severly underated and get a TOP DRaw LB that can actually stop the run.
Morris is pony, Sanders is a good prospect.
Stadium, werll whatever happens we still have PEyton!