Pre Season One any thoughts? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Sponsored Links

Old 16.08.2015, 03:17 PM
Rookie

Default Pre Season One any thoughts?

First off, just wanted to say Hi as a newbie to NFL UK. I followed it back in the 80's when it was on C4 then life came along with family, work etc. and I drifted away, however found myself back a few months back watching the Super Bowl and decided to get re-acquainted. Ok so many would wonder why on earth go for the Falcons, well mainly because I have family just outside Atlanta I guess. And I didn't just want to jump on the bandwagon and pick one of the top teams after all that's just like pick Man Utd or Chelsea because they win a lot. Nope Falcons it is.

Anyhow watched the first game on Sat am, just wondered if anyone who's been following them the last few seasons might have some thoughts. I only have the tales to go on so can't really judge if there is any new promise there.

Offensively I was happy with what I saw, especially Ryan's passing on the move and the general ability to mix up the plays with results.

Defensively I was a bit more concerned, putting aside the sack and interception. I thought they didn't seem to have things covered so well.

Okay I know pre-season games are not played at the same intensity as season ones, and there is an element of holding back a bit to avoid injury and not give too much away to opponents before the season kicks off.

But anyway as I said I haven't got much to go on so interested to see what you veterans have to say on it.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.08.2015, 07:23 PM
All Pro

Welcome to the forum's, although it's only pre-season after last years performance I feel there is some cause for optimism.
Old 21.08.2015, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Would be much appreciated if you didn't break any of our players tonight...
Old 22.08.2015, 01:31 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Would be much appreciated if you didn't break any of our players tonight...
Looks like you got your wish

Also looks like Matt Ryan is looking sharp before the new season.
Old 22.08.2015, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmoor Falcon View Post
Looks like you got your wish

Also looks like Matt Ryan is looking sharp before the new season.
Tbh, happier about the lack of injuries than the result. Never been a huge fan of the pre-season. Ryan and the Atlanta first team Offense have looked good so far, and the Defense looks to be improved. Think you'll surprise a few people and win the NFC South this season...
Old 22.08.2015, 04:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Tbh, happier about the lack of injuries than the result. Never been a huge fan of the pre-season. Ryan and the Atlanta first team Offense have looked good so far, and the Defense looks to be improved. Think you'll surprise a few people and win the NFC South this season...
Hope so mate, be nice to progress in the play off's as well.

How do you feel your Jets will do this year?
Old 22.08.2015, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmoor Falcon View Post
Hope so mate, be nice to progress in the play off's as well.

How do you feel your Jets will do this year?
8-8 tops, in all likelihood. Going against the general consensus, I'm actually pretty gutted about Geno's injury. He finished last season on a high, had looked good in camp and Gailey's system looks a good fit for him. Fitz has had success in it over the years, but he's clearly not the future.

Defense should be much better this year (not that they've shown it in the pre-season so far), so it's up to the Offense to step it up. That unit has been an issue for as long as I can remember and, although we've made some decent acquisitions this off-season, it'll likely be our Achilles Heel again...