Atlanta Falcons Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Atlanta Falcons

Sponsored Links

Old 11.02.2005, 06:00 PM
Rookie

Default Atlanta Falcons Thread

Browsing through the pages and there seems to be no sign of a Atlanta Falcons thread and a lack of Falcons posters, but many other team threads. Although I shall start to talk about all of the Atlanta Falcons news.

To start off I think that in the Draft the Falcons should be looking towards either a Free Safety/Strong Safety to improve the depth of the position as the Falcons ranked below twenty against the pass, although the stat can not always tell the truth as for most of the season the Falcons have been out in front. Or a Middle Linebacker.

How well do you think the Falcons will do next season and will their division foe's give them a challenge?

And the rumours surrounding Randy Moss wanting to play in Atlanta?
Sponsored Links
Old 11.02.2005, 06:05 PM
All Pro

Default Re:Atlanta Falcons Thread

do you not have a division thread i feel as though you get more out of them see the AFC north thread and NFC east thread
Old 11.02.2005, 06:13 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver

[quote author=Vick to Crumpler link=board=1;threadid=8317;start=0#msg171713 date=1108144827]
Browsing through the pages and there seems to be no sign of a Atlanta Falcons thread and a lack of Falcons posters, but many other team threads. Although I shall start to talk about all of the Atlanta Falcons news.

To start off I think that in the Draft the Falcons should be looking towards either a Free Safety/Strong Safety to improve the depth of the position as the Falcons ranked below twenty against the pass, although the stat can not always tell the truth as for most of the season the Falcons have been out in front. Or a Middle Linebacker.

How well do you think the Falcons will do next season and will their division foe's give them a challenge?

And the rumours surrounding Randy Moss wanting to play in Atlanta?[/quote]

mmm.well he will want someone to actually throw the ball to him
Old 11.02.2005, 06:33 PM
All Pro

yeh not just run at him
Old 11.02.2005, 09:22 PM
All Pro

Quiet reserved bunch us Falcons fans!. I'd like to see a good OT drafted, despite all the Gibbs later round thing. Vick is THE franchise and needs protection NOW. I too think we need an upgrade at free safety.
Old 12.02.2005, 09:15 AM
All Pro

No doubt we have a lot of holes but we can fill them over the next 2 years. Yes people, its a 3 year process with McKay and we'll draft defense again this year.

Needs - FS/MLB/OT/OC/DE/DT This could extend to CB if something miraculous happens on draft day day but I doubt it.

I'd love to pick up Channing Crowder in the first as we cant move Brooking from where he is playing so well right now. DeMorrio Williams will slot in for Matt Stwewart who we let leave and we would have an awesome LB unit. Charchter issues the only problem here.

Then take Ernest Shazor in the second. Another posibbility would be Brodney Poole if he was still around in the first for FS.

Hopefully we'll try and and solve the RT situation in FA by signing Ryan Diem. Vicks blindside is the franchises blindside and I dont want to pay Weiner that big roster bonus he is due either.
Old 12.02.2005, 01:11 PM
Rookie

Looking at Atlanta’s schedule for next season and I think it is possible for the Falcons to reach either ten wins or eleven wins like last season.

Division Home and Away.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Will prove a tough test for the Falcons but I think that the help of Home field advantage in the Dome will increase the chances of winning. Away from home provides a tougher challenge for the Falcons. Series 1-1.

Carolina Panthers: When Michael Vick has started against the Carolina Panthers the Falcons have always come out on top. If the Panthers learn to contain Vick then I might change my views of a Falcon win. I expect the Panthers to be right up there challenging for the NFC South Divisional crown. Series 2-0.

New Orleans Saints: The biggest question is will the Falcons pass defence be able to prevent Brooks from linking up with Joe Horn like they did in the Superdome last season. Although the division was already won by the time these two teams in December the pass defence has always been the weak link to the Falcons. Series 1-1.

Home Opponents.

Green Bay Packers: Brett Favre is more than likely been under centre for the Packers come next season. If he is or isn’t I would still expect a Falcon win in the Georgia Dome. The Green Bay Packer run defence is probably the frail part of the Packers and running the ball for the Falcons has been no problem leading the NFL in rushing last season. The Falcons rushing combination of Dunn, Vick and Duckett will shred the Packer defence. Verdict: Falcons.

Minnesota Vikings: By far the best offence to visit the Georgia Dome for the 2005 season, that is if Rand Moss still plays for the Vikings. Like the Green Bay Packers the tendency to be the weaker link is the Defence and the Falcons should be able to exploit a defence which has number one picks all over. Verdict: Falcons.

New England Patriots: The reigning Superbowl champions come to Atlanta and I anticipate this to be the only loss of the home campaign for the Falcons. Even though it is rumoured for Ty Law to be leaving the Patriots, Bill Belichek without his compadres of Weis and Crennel will come up with a scheme to help his 3-4 defence confuse Mike Vick. Verdict: Patriots.

New York Jets: The New York Jets offence will be no match for the defence of the Falcons. The Jets only real offensive threat lies in Curtis Martin who for most parts of last year carried the entire Jets offence, the passing game of the Jets in it self is a running game which the Linebacker unit of the Falcons should be able to shut down. The defence of the Jets is most probably the strong point of the Jets with the D-Line being the strongest. But I feel with the maturity of Vick he’d be able to take it to the Jets by obliterating the Jets secondary. Verdict: Falcons.

Philadelphia Eagles: Last years best team in the NFC will pose a hard test for the Falcons but I think with the help of the Fans and the Dome the Falcons will fly high and come up with a impressive victory. Verdict: Falcons.

Away predictions coming soon...
Old 12.02.2005, 02:23 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver

would you not rather wait until the off season really gets going..so much can happen in that time
Old 12.02.2005, 05:34 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Dudley^Bird link=board=1;threadid=8317;start=0#msg171841 date=1108156941]
Quiet reserved bunch us Falcons fans!. I'd like to see a good OT drafted, despite all the Gibbs later round thing. Vick is THE franchise and needs protection NOW. I too think we need an upgrade at free safety.
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha!!

*Continues to laugh uncontrollably hard*

Rich McKay. Not only is he a cap genius, he is also an expert at drafting OTs!

*coughs* Kenyatta Walker *coughs* 14th overall *coughs*

Old 12.02.2005, 05:52 PM
All Pro

You'll be looking to pick up some WRs that can block. ;D