Black and Gold at International Series - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New Orleans Saints

Sponsored Links

Old 02.09.2013, 11:02 AM
Starter

Haha I guess the question about the nightlife came across as stupid.
I know it's supposed to be great but I don't actually know anybody who's been.
Really looking forward to the whole trip though! Thanks for all the info guys
Sponsored Links
Old 03.09.2013, 08:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatMonkey87 View Post
Haha I guess the question about the nightlife came across as stupid.
I know it's supposed to be great but I don't actually know anybody who's been.
Really looking forward to the whole trip though! Thanks for all the info guys
House of Blues and Tippatinas great for music. Rock and Bowl too....bowling and live music....Kurtwood Smith (Clarence Bodiker from Robocop) was there last time
Old 12.09.2013, 12:55 PM
Pro

Got my white Galette 93 in time for the IS game... the guy is a dude
Old 12.09.2013, 05:31 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EevilWeevil77 View Post
House of Blues and Tippatinas great for music. Rock and Bowl too....bowling and live music....Kurtwood Smith (Clarence Bodiker from Robocop) was there last time
Thanks for all the info everyone. Head down to london sunday and flight to new orleans is monday morning. Excited is an understatement!

Was only asking about the nightlife and that cus I've heard a lot of horror stories about New Orleans. Every city has it's dodgy places though!!
Old 23.09.2013, 09:54 AM
Starter

Hi all!

Im going to both the games at wembley just wondering what everyone would recommend pre game?
Was thinking about checking out the Green Man Pub and the Tailgate on Wembley way, also when is everyone else getting there on sunday?
Old 23.09.2013, 04:40 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatMonkey87 View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone. Head down to london sunday and flight to new orleans is monday morning. Excited is an understatement!

Was only asking about the nightlife and that cus I've heard a lot of horror stories about New Orleans. Every city has it's dodgy places though!!
I wouldn't worry about it, if you’re going anywhere away from the quarter (like Tip's or the Maple Leaf) just get a cab or the trolley. True there are a lot of dark alleys that connect the quarter but one of the problems with New Orleans is a lot of the horror stories from tourists who were so drunk on Hurricanes that they didn't make smart choices.

I'm not going to lie there have been a few high profile shootings this year but that is a country that has free and easy access to firearms and they were mostly in area's you are unlikely to go between people you have no reason to meet.

I have got lost in some very salubrious parts of NO but never really felt anymore threatened than I have in the UK, if you’re worried empty your wallet of all but carrying cash and don’t carry anything you can’t afford to lose. (a precaution I would suggest for a night out on the beer anyway)

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: if someone stops you on the street and says “I bet you $20 I know where you got them shoes” tell em “yup I got them on the end of my feet” or “I got em on the sidewalk” it’s an old hustle but they still try it over and over again.

N.O. can be rowdy no doubt, but you are more likely to be killed with kindness by the locals who are still pleased to meet foreign visitors and even more foreign Saints fans.

Last edited by marcseven; 23.09.2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 25.09.2013, 04:13 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcseven View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, if you’re going anywhere away from the quarter (like Tip's or the Maple Leaf) just get a cab or the trolley. True there are a lot of dark alleys that connect the quarter but one of the problems with New Orleans is a lot of the horror stories from tourists who were so drunk on Hurricanes that they didn't make smart choices.

I'm not going to lie there have been a few high profile shootings this year but that is a country that has free and easy access to firearms and they were mostly in area's you are unlikely to go between people you have no reason to meet.

I have got lost in some very salubrious parts of NO but never really felt anymore threatened than I have in the UK, if you’re worried empty your wallet of all but carrying cash and don’t carry anything you can’t afford to lose. (a precaution I would suggest for a night out on the beer anyway)

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: if someone stops you on the street and says “I bet you $20 I know where you got them shoes” tell em “yup I got them on the end of my feet” or “I got em on the sidewalk” it’s an old hustle but they still try it over and over again.

N.O. can be rowdy no doubt, but you are more likely to be killed with kindness by the locals who are still pleased to meet foreign visitors and even more foreign Saints fans.
Spot on. New Orleans is there to be loved and it will love you back. Just don't get so hammered you don't know what you are doing (easier said than done, take it from one who knows..!). This place is brilliant and to be a Saints fan from another part of the world will make you friends easily. Just go and have fun and never forget to be a smart traveler. I hope to bump into you on the weekend WhoDatMonkey.
Old 01.10.2013, 06:30 PM
Rookie

Hey Who Dats...

Really enjoyed the first IS game. Was great to see the black and gold jerseys and getting shouts of WHO DAT in the street....mostly from Americans. Also met Syd Davy the Vikings super fan.

Will be back next year and hope for the Saints!
Old 02.10.2013, 08:00 PM
Starter

Hey gang! Been a while since I posted.

New Orleans was incredible! Few shady moments, but you quickly learn where to avoid. A lot of the people were nice and welcoming and being a Saints fan certainly did help!
Hotel was right round the corner from the Superdome which was great especially as we ended up a lil drunk from the tailgate!
Props to Martin out there too, who works with Sports Travel Tours. Drove us to and back from the LSU game and sorted out the tailgate before the Saints game. Thanks mate!

IS game, well, unfortunately I was full of cold, but still managed a few beers and yelled out a few WHO DATS! Saw a few Saints fans who unfortunately didn't respond and just looked at me all moody. What was wrong with you?!

Undecided if I'm going to attend the next game, getting there and back is a ballache and it'll more than likely be a blowout score anyway!

Ohhhh, I nearly forgot to rub this in!
Met Akiem Hicks in the hotel bar!!!! Seriously cool dude!! Took some pictures and got his autograph
Old 03.10.2013, 12:01 PM
Starter

The IS was great! Myself and my Ravens buddy went to the Green Man at about midday and the drinks flowed from there.....met loads of other fans and some saints too! I was wearing my Brees #9 Jersey and will be again at the next game!
Work was definately a struggle the next day though

Hope to meet more of you at the next IS game!