Conference. San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks. Game day thread. - Page 161 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 03.02.2014, 05:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahertz View Post
I agree completely. How many of the NFL's top defenses were NFC team? Seahawks, 49ers, Panthers, Saints... I'm very curious to see how the defenses rank for Denver opponents this past year.
Denver picked up 4 Ws against NFC East opposition. A softer schedule than facing NFC West teams these days, although the Colts were 2-0 against the Seahawks and 49ers this year, but lost by a combined 59pts to the Rams & Cards. A strange set of results from the Colts there in the NFC West.
Sponsored Links
Old 03.02.2014, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Arizona have a tremendous defense too. They are the last team to beat Seattle and did so on the road.
Old 04.02.2014, 02:20 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus corax View Post
I said it at the time, this game was the real Superbowl. San Francisco would have beat the Broncos as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahertz View Post
I agree completely. How many of the NFL's top defenses were NFC team? Seahawks, 49ers, Panthers, Saints... I'm very curious to see how the defenses rank for Denver opponents this past year.

Ranked passive defense against:
DEN: 12, 10, 28, 32, 30, 25, 13, 20, 29, 26, 18, 26, 11, 29, 3, 28, 29, 18, 1. Reg season avg: 21.2
SEA: 6, 7, 25, 3, 13, 11, 14, 19, 17, 21, 31, 2, 7, 10, 14, 19, 2, 7, 27. Reg season avg: 13.7

Denver only once had to face a really good passing defense (Week 15, Texans) and won, since the Texans ranked 25th in points per game allowed.

I reckon San Francisco, Carolina, or New Orleans could have had that game in a bucket.
i'd have taken the niners, seahawks, saints, panthers & probably a rodgers led packers over the broncos. the games might have been closer but i've long felt the AFC's best were not a good reflection. hell, if the cards had a good QB, i might say they have a 50-50 shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni Kohoutova View Post
Denver picked up 4 Ws against NFC East opposition. A softer schedule than facing NFC West teams these days, although the Colts were 2-0 against the Seahawks and 49ers this year, but lost by a combined 59pts to the Rams & Cards. A strange set of results from the Colts there in the NFC West.
all year long, anyone with any real understanding of the NFL knew the broncos & chiefs had the easiest schedule possible.

ignore the colts' win over the niners - we'd have lost to the london blitz that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Arizona have a tremendous defense too. They are the last team to beat Seattle and did so on the road.
that D is the second best in our division. a good QB would have won them two more games and possibly the wild card over us. my biggest concern moving forward isn't the seahawks & winning the division. it's the fear that either the cards or rams find a good QB. if either of these teams get a good QB, it wouldn't surprise me to see either or both of the seahawks or niners miss the playoffs next year or in 2015.

Tags
13th man , anger 4 pro bowl , baseball mong , chippy = chip shop , ck7 vs carlton banks , earthquake felt in london , eharmony girl , eli has two rings , eli is the nfc godfather , here comes the boom , is kfc open ? , kaepernick romo'd , liability clown , no baiting allowed , or is it omaha , ostrich on the loose , peyton says hi!!!! , sherman = wwe , use froggy voice