Draft 2014 - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 20.05.2014, 02:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibond View Post
Just listened to the ITH Podcast and the fact that Reinebold said that Corner was a bigger need than safety says it all really. Yes our corner group isn't the best in the league but safety was the biggest need for the Pack by far for me. Also, he indicates they were reaches but then says TE was a bigger need than WR but Niklas had gone the pick before we selected Adams so he basically says we should REACH for a TE.
Also, we picked up this Lyerla kid as an UFA. Seemed to be a 2nd round TE, some had him as the 2nd best TE in the draft but fell due to character and legal troubles which can be found online. I'm surprised we took him given those issues. I suppose there's a big difference between taking a chance on someone as an UFA rather than using up a high pick.

On the one hand his red flags are made worse that even Chip Kelly didn't use a 7th on him, but as an UFA, with him and Rodgers as works in progress with Quarless a capable if unexceptional W1 starter, I'm really happy with the potential in that group.
Old 20.05.2014, 02:25 PM
MVP

A brief perusal of YouTube suggests this Lyerla lad has loads of potential. remarkable athleticism for his size. Capable blocker, can stretch the middle, strong and fast in possession.

Hard life and bad decisions though. Pity Jolly is not around, might have done the lad some good to have a vet around with some insight into his problems. Hope he makes a fist of it.
Old 20.05.2014, 03:33 PM
Rookie

A lot can change in a year, but yeah Marshall's contract is going to be somewhat of a marker. $10m p/y right? Nelson won't get that even on the free market, but I'd happily pay him $8m p/y (above Decker) for a couple of years...[/QUOTE]

I have also just noticed that Boykin is RFA next year. I think, with our 3 main WR vets as either UFA or RFA next year, I can see why TT drafted more receivers than expected.
Old 22.05.2014, 05:49 PM
Pro

How do packers fans feel about signing Lyerla? Being generally a likeable ,family team. Even if the kid turns out to be a Kellen Winslow clone I wouldn't want him anywhere near my teams roster.
Old 22.05.2014, 06:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant Beef View Post
How do packers fans feel about signing Lyerla? Being generally a likeable ,family team. Even if the kid turns out to be a Kellen Winslow clone I wouldn't want him anywhere near my teams roster.
Was it just a drug problem? If so and if he has given up the drugs he deserves one chance. If he messes up he will be out of the NFL. Compared to Vick he is a saint so I'm happy to give him a shot.

And as a good family team we can use our family ethos to help him turn his life around.
Old 22.05.2014, 09:51 PM
Pro

Nah I was referring more to tweets in the wake of the sandy hook shootings. But the coke dosn't help.
Old 22.05.2014, 09:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant Beef View Post
Nah I was referring more to tweets in the wake of the sandy hook shootings. But the coke dosn't help.
Ah I don't know anything about his tweets