........Dallas Cowboys thread - Page 149 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 14.08.2009, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffrey Foo View Post
Aye, always disappointing to lose, and by a big margin, but to focus on the first team:

Offence, 2 drives, one punt, one 9 play 71yd drive for a TD, all the key players getting touches.

Defence, 2 drives, 1 FG after a 47yd interference call gave the Raiders 1st and goal at the 8, and one forced punt.

Fairly happy with that.

The backups need a good bit more work, although with a rookie QB in for the whole second half you don`t expect too much. The secondary as expected was a concern, hopefully this will be a wake up call and force the young guys to up their game some.

Special teams looked OK.

As long as there are improvements in the next game no cause for concern yet.

PS, SG1 rules.......your man ain`t looking much like usurping Romo just yet LOL
Alright, calm down mate. There is no way Romo will be benched until someone better comes in or he retires, it is just you cannot withstand my view point that he cannot play in the most important moments of a season without messing up. Now look at my new signature, i am representing the cowboys on the madden 10 online franchise. But if things go the way i know they will, there is one record i will have is that of throwing the most interceptions in madden history. I just canny understand it. Oh well, back on topic as all preseasons are meaningless when it comes to scorelines it is important to get the chemistry working in time for week 1. We will be Ok, 8-8 9-7 is or best bet for this season.
Old 14.08.2009, 10:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagle View Post
ARGHHH!! "Dallas Cowboys are like the Manchester Utd of the NFL!!!!"
Soryy, but I just cant support them, sorry folks
Dont post on a Cowboys thread then.

Sorry I havent been on in a while fellow Cowboys. Have I missed anything since T.O joined the Bills.
Old 15.08.2009, 09:59 AM
All Pro

Quote:
If you hate us that much stay off a cowboys thread. But I guess your right about them being similar Man U are the best just like the cowboys.
Old 15.08.2009, 02:11 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ahh well, how boring would it be if we all supported the same team?
Old 15.08.2009, 02:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Are you serious ? The Patriots are the 'Man Utd' of the NFL, everyone supports them as theyre winning tons.

As for the Raiders/Cowboys game, happy how Oakland played, Dallas did alright with their first team, their backups didnt do a great job so perhaps depth isnt so good but 1st string they looked fine.

Is that idiot still moaning about Romo ? Please tell me he hasnt mentioned again Kitna starting instead ? Ridiculous.

Romo is not the sole reason Dallas have been poor in the playoffs, Crayton dropped that crucial pass against the Giants, granted Romo bobbled the snap but it shouldnt have ever come down to that play in the Seattle game. Sadly people who dont know the game blame the QB whatever.

Look at the stupid crap Peyton got despite his defense allowing 200 yards rushing or a kicker missing a FG or a DB not getting past a QB. Thank god Manning won a Sb to shut those people up.
Old 15.08.2009, 05:36 PM
Starter

Quote:
Sorry about this, it was late and I hate Man Utd and dont really want to support a team like them, but it was a silly outburst. Sorry guys, i'll shut up know.
Old 19.08.2009, 09:32 PM
All Pro

Just read a few pages back that the secondary were a bit shocking against Oakland. This was always gonna be the case in my eyes with Jenkins and Newman out. Im hoping for a much better showing next game. I thought the 1st team did very well, the first drive was pretty harsh with being pinned back, but the next drive really showed what they can do. With the depth its not as bad as it looks imo. Barring some outbreak on the first team, ur never gonna have a whole D of 2nd or 3rd teamers. It will be 1st team with 1 added player. Who knows this 1 player that comes in the fact he is playing with players with greater abilitiy than 2nd or 3rd teamers if may make them excel. But putting a team full in they are bound to look shaky. Say you but brandon williams in for Spencer, you will still have dware, brooking , james as the other linebackers. And should hopefully still be a good unit. I understand that if maybe one of 2 players make mistakes you can be punished, but with first teamers this isnt gonna happen often, and so the one who comes in is allow a bit of a pardon, they are only gonna learn by playing the best.
Old 21.08.2009, 08:17 PM
Team Captain

Well, after the pop concerts and the 'soccer' games the first Cowboys game at the Cowboys Stadium is here. I know it's only the pre-season but it would be great to start the new home off with a win
Old 21.08.2009, 08:26 PM
All Pro

The one time a preseason game actually matters
Good job we can count on VY winning the game for us

Will be interesting to see the two best scat backs from 2008's draft go head to head as well
Old 22.08.2009, 09:21 AM
Banned

Well i see the cowboys are yet again going to be on the end of more jokes. This is in relation to the replay screens in the new stadium were the titans punter in the preseason game hit the screen in the third quarter. Apparently after the game Jerry Jones said that they will not be raised. Frankly, i think he must be embarrassed that happened. Like how stupid can you be not to remember that there is punting in the game. Get the damn things raised before the NFL commissioner comes in and has them removed. The thought of this occurring crossed my mind quite a while back, but i thought we had people intelligent enough to know what the minimum height of them should be. Well, they dont seem to be as smart as a brick. We deserve to be the laughing stock after that.