New York Jets Thread - Page 795 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 24.04.2018, 12:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
I think at this moment I am with Mayfield too...

Rosen and Allen on the naughty step...
My main, and only real, issue with Rosen is the loves football bit. This was his big red flag from early on in the season and the draft process seems to have given it even greater emphasis. If he falls then this is the likely reason. He has the talent and brains to succeed, I'm just not sure he really wants it and if he doesn't his talent will need to be JWN level and I'm not sure it is. This is something that only the interviews and visits can truly reveal. We are just guessing really.
Old 24.04.2018, 03:41 PM
Starter

Head says Rosen heart hopes Mayfield.
Old 26.04.2018, 07:18 AM
MVP

Here is my order I’d take QBs

Mayfield
Darnold
Jackson
Rosen
Allen

Rosen and Allen almost at the point I’d pass on taking a QB... Rosen has negative running yards... over his college career - isn’t this a massive issue?? I’d don’t think in the modern game you can survive the first few years of a QB life as a team builds around you if you can’t make plays with your feet - defences will target this and I don’t think you can teach a guy to suddenly be decent in this aspect.

I’m taking Mayfield is “my guy” approach with putting Darnold 2.

I know even what I say above no matter if both my one and two are taken there is no chance we taken Jackson - we take one of the 4 no matter what....

I just hope Allen and Rosen aren’t the ones we go for.
Old 26.04.2018, 10:59 AM
Starter

I agree re top two. Do you see Darnold falling? I'm excited! But fear Allen. I disagree re rosen but that's ignoring a very valid point you make
Old 26.04.2018, 11:19 AM
All Pro

Default So, where's your money?

Not who they should draft, but who they will draft. Mine is on Rosen - sorry Stocksy. Not so long to wait now.
Old 26.04.2018, 12:25 PM
MVP

Whoever we draft I’ll give a chance - but I honestly can’t believe so many are so hyped on a QB that ended on negative running yards 150+ I think.... that’s bonkers.... what on Earth is he doing to be that bad??

It’s all on the Giants pick and how crazy Cleveland really are....

On darnold falling - no - that’s what I meant by the reason I put mayfield 1 - I assume darnold will be gone so I’m backing my guy and not taking second best if that makes sense - it’s a technicality A’s by admitting I’m doing that I’m saying Darnold is first choice but at this point i honestly think Mayfield is the man for us.

Mock drafts are getting crazier - Maycock has lost his mind.... I honestly believe several guys in the jets section here would and could do a better draft.... so many crazy picks that will never happen
Old 26.04.2018, 01:01 PM
All Pro

I think I can find a couple of reasons for any of the QBs in this draft to be definite bust candidates. Not a one of them doesn't have a potentially serious flaw. That's why my preference is Mayfield, because I think he wants it, but I think I the pick will be Rosen.
Old 26.04.2018, 01:07 PM
Starter

Agreed. I have seen some crazy mocks. It's as if they want the headlines for saying something.

My preference of qb is 1: darnold.2: Mayfield. 3: rosen in that order.
Old 26.04.2018, 01:41 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
I think I can find a couple of reasons for any of the QBs in this draft to be definite bust candidates. Not a one of them doesn't have a potentially serious flaw. That's why my preference is Mayfield, because I think he wants it, but I think I the pick will be Rosen.
100% agree but my guy just says out of the 5 projected 1st round at least 2 will be “busts” and I think Rosen and Allen both have a lot of the Manziel thing going on.... just a bit instantly dislikable

I dunno.

I’m most likely to be grumpy when all said and done....

If we avoid those two - draft a RB anywhere (for no other reason than any RB would excite me right now) I have another guy I’d like us to take but if I say who I’ll curse it so I’ll stay quiet for now....

I don’t have a big wish list really....

It’ll get bigger as draft goes on... but we land Mayfield in first round and honestly it’ll be a turning point for me... I’d be super excited.

I think Bridgewater is a great QB as it is... and if we hadn’t drafted up I’d be happy to give him a couple of seasons and build round him TBH - over Rosen and Allen anyway! Ha
Old 26.04.2018, 03:48 PM
Starter

Mayfield or Darnold with Rosen 3rd.

If the browns take Darnold the Giants take BPA, we go Mayfield? I would love it if they want Allen though leaving us one of Darnold or Mayfield.

Worst case scenario is if they go Mayfield as Darnold to giants is too obvious leaving us with either a trade up with the giants or Rosen?? Or trade down....

I'd love teddy to be fit now and we trade back for BPA and a whole wave of high end picks, but I feel it's not going to be.

Mayfield Mayfield Mayfield Mayfield Mayfield