Packers news chat etc. - Page 234 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 30.08.2009, 07:55 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungyismylover View Post
Did I miss the meeting when the "A-rod" nickname was decided upon?
A far as i'm aware he's been called A-Rod or A-Roj in GB since he joined the club.
Old 01.09.2009, 10:58 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzer View Post
A far as i'm aware he's been called A-Rod or A-Roj in GB since he joined the club.
There are a few A Rods in sporting world at the moment. How long till we see a A Rods add campaign
Old 01.09.2009, 02:29 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungyismylover View Post
I would say thats down to our second stringers not being too great (against the bills it was 24-0 at the half, against arizona it was 38-10 at the half). Personally I would have to say that our depth is our biggest problem currently, even over O-line.
I don’t agree actually. I think strength in depth is a major plus for the Packers, a couple of positions excepted. There is a very good level of competition across the roster.

Quarterback is the obvious exception, LT is also a concern behind Clifton, and obviously TE is thin behind Lee and Finley. Other than that, I think you’d struggle to find a roster with better depth at a number of positions.

I was seriously impressed with the Arizona performance, the only concern at the moment is that we could be peaking too early. I genuinely believe we should be favourites for the division at this point.
Old 01.09.2009, 09:55 PM
All Pro

Rumours abound in GB that we are trying to deal either Wells or Moll to someone.
Old 01.09.2009, 10:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzer View Post
Rumours abound in GB that we are trying to deal either Wells or Moll to someone.
If we deal Wells I don't know who'd be the reserve center. He doesn't appear to be happy to be in a backup role, but we're pretty short behind him after cutting Duke Preston.

As for Moll, he's probably not going to make the final 53 after we took Meredith and Lang in this years draft, but he has started 18 games over the last three seasons, so he could be worth a late draft pick.
Old 03.09.2009, 08:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetropolitan View Post
I don’t agree actually. I think strength in depth is a major plus for the Packers, a couple of positions excepted. There is a very good level of competition across the roster.

Quarterback is the obvious exception, LT is also a concern behind Clifton, and obviously TE is thin behind Lee and Finley. Other than that, I think you’d struggle to find a roster with better depth at a number of positions.

I was seriously impressed with the Arizona performance, the only concern at the moment is that we could be peaking too early. I genuinely believe we should be favourites for the division at this point.
Don't get me wrong, I am not concerned about our depth but from what we have seen in this preseason, it would appear that the backups in general are not much to shout about. Yes I know you have to take everything in the preseason with a pinch of salt (prime example last year lions) but you obviously can't ignore what goes on.
Old 07.09.2009, 08:10 PM
Team Captain

All right boys, checking in for another frustrating season, have I missed anything?
Old 08.09.2009, 08:26 AM
MVP

Week 4 the biggest game of the season and its not on TV!
How are you guys planning on watching it?
Old 08.09.2009, 10:35 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiz2004 View Post
Week 4 the biggest game of the season and its not on TV!
How are you guys planning on watching it?
Gamepass, tis the only way. I don't trust live streams as far as I can throw them, not for this game (plus the streams will be ultra popular for this one so they'll likely be laggy).

This is possibly the most excited I've been for a season in a while
Old 10.09.2009, 09:33 AM
MVP

Does this scare anybody else?

Quote:
With only two quarterbacks, Rodgers and Flynn, on the 53-man roster, the Packers will probably have to give a few snaps to an emergency quarterback at some point this week.

Among the most likely candidates are receivers James Jones and Jordy Nelson and Woodson, however, all three said they hadn’t taken any snaps under center this week.

“I’m on the ready list,” Woodson said. “So if they need me, I’m ready. I could do a little ‘Wildcat’ if they give me the call.”

Jones said: “I played some (quarterback) in college. You would hope it wouldn’t come to that, but I’ll sling it.”