Thoughts on the Superbowl - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 07.02.2011, 06:58 PM
Pro

Congrats for Rodgers but Nick Collins could also have been MVP.

I personally do think we'll win another super bowl again soon, next season Jermichael, Grant and Barnett will all be back!
Old 07.02.2011, 07:12 PM
All Pro

I am physically and emotionally knackered after last night.I feel like i actually played that game last night.

What a win though,can you believe we are World Champs,don't think its soaked in yet.

I really feared for us when Woodson/Driver and Shields were out but like we've done all year we put guys in and they stood up.

That last drive by Rodgers was awesome,the 3rd and 10 pass to Jennings was clutch.

How big a game did Jordy have,and he could have had a bigger game but for a couple of drops.

Nick Collins was imense on defence.

White House,here we come
Old 07.02.2011, 07:20 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzer View Post
I am physically and emotionally knackered after last night.I feel like i actually played that game last night.

What a win though,can you believe we are World Champs,don't think its soaked in yet.

I really feared for us when Woodson/Driver and Shields were out but like we've done all year we put guys in and they stood up.

That last drive by Rodgers was awesome,the 3rd and 10 pass to Jennings was clutch.

How big a game did Jordy have,and he could have had a bigger game but for a couple of drops.

Nick Collins was imense on defence.

White House,here we come
Haha all the more sweeter with Obamas leanings
Old 07.02.2011, 07:47 PM
Starter

Wow, that was one seriously stressful night, what a great game. I was in a complete state of despair when we false started with 6 mins to go leaving us at 3rd and 10. Then there was that beautiful pass to Jennings, who always seems to come up with the big catches when it matters most and suddenly the tide began to turn back in our favour.

I watched the game on the BBC and was really impressed, Tiki Barber and Carlson, no adverts and HD - what more could you ask for. So so knackered today, but was worth it.
Old 07.02.2011, 08:30 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersgrahame View Post
Wow, that was one seriously stressful night, what a great game. I was in a complete state of despair when we false started with 6 mins to go leaving us at 3rd and 10. Then there was that beautiful pass to Jennings, who always seems to come up with the big catches when it matters most and suddenly the tide began to turn back in our favour.

I watched the game on the BBC and was really impressed, Tiki Barber and Carlson, no adverts and HD - what more could you ask for. So so knackered today, but was worth it.
I watched on BBC only because Nick Halling's bias annoyed me too much
Old 07.02.2011, 08:45 PM
Rookie

Great game, great result, though to be honest I was so tense for most of it. Every time I thought I would be able to relax and enjoy the game the tension was cranked up another notch!! So glad I recorded the whole game and will be able to chill and enjoy from beginning to end (and fast-forward the half-time "entertainment"!)

The Lombardi trophy is back home once again, and we have plenty to feel positive about for the next few seasons I reckon.

13th NFL Championship!!! Gotta love them Packers.
Old 07.02.2011, 08:46 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal107 View Post
I watched on BBC only because Nick Halling's bias annoyed me too much
That was exactly my original way of thinking, couldn't stand having to see the replays of him jumping up and down in the studio if they had won. Was a pleasant surprise how good the BBC coverage was - no adverts, yet never seemed to struggle for things to discuss
Old 07.02.2011, 08:47 PM
All Pro

Yeah i got annoyed with that aswsell,glad it wasn't just me that thought the guys in Dallas were just talking about the Steelers

I had a tenner on Jordy Nelson for 1st TD at 18-1,money will come in handy to buy some superbowl gear !!
Old 08.02.2011, 09:58 AM
Starter

A fitting end to a great season.

I had backed the Packers in September (10/1) and continued to do so as the price drifted following the mounting injuries (was as big as 40/1 following the defeat concussion to Rodgers @ Detroit). The price of the Packers was winning Superbowl was still 16/1 the day they played Chicago in week 17. My partisan passion and desire to put my money were my mouth was so me top up again! The ride through the play-offs was sweet enough but with one eye on the financial reward it tasted that bit sweeter!

The thing many people ignored, bookmakers & leading US pundits included (from the articles I read and podcasts I listen to), was that the Pack weren't getting hammered in defeat, they lost in over time in back to back weeks and the other four defeats could be excused bad challenge call call by MM in Chicago, dubious flag in Atlanta, v.unlucky in New England and the Detroit result was down to Rodgers injury. In a nutshell, they were still top 5!

Superbowl wasn't the most polished performance by the Packers and had Pittsburgh been better it could have been a different story but it was still as good as most other teams A-games.

I thought the game would be decided on defense and it was ultimately with the interceptions and forced fumble but Rodgers had to convert those in to point scoring opportunities, which he did with precision. He had 304 yards for 3 TDs and that could easily have been another 100 yards and 2 more TDs was it not for the dropped passes - the MVP was most deserving.

The best team won!

This is the start of something good in Green Bay I feel. Grant and Finley's return to the offense next year will only add strength in depth and account for an extra 16 TDs (combined) based on 2009's productivity, let alone what else they bring to the game in terms of increased play-action (Grant) and extra yards (both Grant & Finley).

The biggest task is MM maintaining a sense of 'levelheadedness' and I think Rodgers certainly has that in abundance in his leadership qualities and with a solid draft adding further I think this is the start of a good period for the team. The only thing that will stop the Packers from another run deep into the post season in 2011/12 is the CBA.
Old 08.02.2011, 10:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Amazing experience! Best day of my life!

The 2 and a half hour queue to get into the stadium was worth it!
Chants of 'Jerry sucks' lightened the mood, and led to postgame chants of 'Jerry still sucks!'

I feel sorry for the fans who didnt get there rightful seats.

The stadium was rocking as both sets of fans were really loud.

It was an up and down game full of emotion and when that pass hit the ground and we have the championship, the Steeler fans deserted the stadium and Packer fans basked in the glow of victory.

We are the Champions!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Pack Go!!!

A trip booked a year before the game turned into a very lucky event as my Packers not only made the Superbowl but also beat the Steelers in an excellent game!

Jerry Jones did not have a good weekend as Dallas will struggle to get another game in the short term, but who cares we won!

White House here we come!!!