Going to a Colts game - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Indianapolis Colts

Old 04.11.2012, 08:16 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbria Colt View Post
I live in Whitehaven, so not a million miles from there!
Cool. Nice to know that there's another Colts fan around when I head back to the old country.
Old 04.11.2012, 08:19 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo1904 View Post
Indy will have to be the next trip, but I am heading over to Orlando next Wednesday to see the Jax TNF game, then going to see the Gators v Louisiana on the Saturday followed by Chargers @ the Bucs on the Sunday, heading back on the Monday evening. Cost just under £500 return flights and £100 hotel for 5 nights. Can't wait!
I'm very jealous! Are you all set? Also, the hotel bill seems very cheap. Is that for all 5 days or per night?
Old 04.11.2012, 11:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainKings06 View Post
I'm very jealous! Are you all set? Also, the hotel bill seems very cheap. Is that for all 5 days or per night?
All 5 nights and no I am not packed yet!!

Colts jersey and t shirts all washed and ironed though following the Wembley weekend!
Old 12.11.2012, 01:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTJ View Post
LOL - was in 143 myself - I don't think there'd be a duff view in that entire place. Never used the panoramic mode before - tooka bit of getting used to!
oh there is a bad view seat, there is two right behind a massive stone pillar. can barely see either endzone

http://www.thisboardrocks.com/forum/...um-wtf-150242/
Old 02.12.2012, 04:03 PM
Pro

My first trip to Lucas Oil was for SuperBowl 46 (Can't complain I suppose... especially given the result)

I've been to Indy 5 times since 2000 - none of those vists I've managed to actually see the Colts in action yet - slack, I know.....

On previous visits I've stayed in both Fishers and Carmel - about 10 miles from the Circle City - straight down Meridian. Enjoyed many a scoop in Broadripple - especially at the Brew Pub - run by a bloke from Midd*****ro - try the "Scotch Ale" it's rocket fuel

Think I'll try and head over for a week in 2013 over Thanksgiving and whichever week before/after the Colts play at home
Old 24.04.2013, 11:41 AM
Pro

All booked for the Broncos @ Colts game on 20th October - now just need to find a ticket for less that 1,000 bucks! Don't suppose anyone has any great tips on sourcing tickets beyond the usual brigade (Stubhub, Ticketmaster ticket exchange, SeatGeek, etc)? May wait until August to see if any Single Game tickets are available.

Not sure my 100% visit to Colts win ratio will necessarily survive with Peyton & Wes Welker on the same team!
Old 25.04.2013, 01:37 PM
Pro Bowler

You picked a great game to go mate. Have fun. Ticket prices are crazy though and some of them beyond.
Old 27.04.2013, 02:33 PM
All Pro

Lightbulb Going to a Colts game

Quote:
All booked for the Broncos @ Colts game on 20th October - now just need to find a ticket for less that 1,000 bucks! Don't suppose anyone has any great tips on sourcing tickets beyond the usual brigade (Stubhub, Ticketmaster ticket exchange, SeatGeek, etc)? May wait until August to see if any Single Game tickets are available.

Not sure my 100% visit to Colts win ratio will necessarily survive with Peyton & Wes Welker on the same team!
You have nothing to loose but time - I have successfully played on distance traveling and fact many Americans love the Brits... if I were you I would MAIL a letter to the Colts organisation - GM or head of ticketing and explain (lay it on thick) that your a big UK Colts fan, spending XYZ on airfares and hotel accomadation but the whole point of coming to Indy is to see your beloved team but struggling to find single game tickets for the game that co-incides with your holiday from a trusted source at a fair price and could they suggest anything?

I would bet they would more than likely positively respond (make sure to include all your possible contact details - mail address, phone number(s), e-mail etc - make it easy as possible for them to make contact however they choose). I would say it's more likely to get a favourable response than not... worked for me with Miami over a decade ago to get a ticket for a Week 1 game at face value. I just feel physical mail makes a better impression that you took time to make contact but also they have something physical to hand to others and to show around - pass on to others in the organisation that can help/deal with this request. If it does not bear fruit all you have lost is a few hours of your time (in typing/writing the letter) and a few pounds tops in postage stamps.

Go for it (and let us all know how you get on).
Old 16.08.2013, 12:12 PM
Rookie

We're going to Indy for a game in 2014 can't wait!
Old 24.08.2013, 09:29 AM
All Pro

Quote:

What a great game to catch.

Craigslist indianapolis

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/s...inAsk=&maxAsk=

Last edited by British Bulldawg; 24.08.2013 at 09:31 AM.