Old 05.02.2018, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Set View Post
The white jersey curse has been broken!
The league MVP curse continues.
Old 05.02.2018, 08:26 AM
Starter

Really entertaining game. I wasn't really fussed who won beforehand, but congrats to Philly. I'm sure Mike Trout and Bradley Cooper are thrilled (thanks for showing them what felt like every other play).

Offenses were both on last night, particularly the qbs. Cant say the same for either defense, except the obvious sack fumble at the end.

Superbowl MVP, but will he be in Philly next year?! I miss football already
Old 05.02.2018, 08:32 AM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by packreb View Post
Really entertaining game. I wasn't really fussed who won beforehand, but congrats to Philly. I'm sure Mike Trout and Bradley Cooper are thrilled (thanks for showing them what felt like every other play).

Offenses were both on last night, particularly the qbs. Cant say the same for either defense, except the obvious sack fumble at the end.

Superbowl MVP, but will he be in Philly next year?! I miss football already
were Mike Salmon and Kent Flounder there too
Old 05.02.2018, 08:47 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Louis View Post
I'm surprised there's been no more talk on the 2 Eagles' touchdowns. If they had been overturned it would be difficult to argue. They were massive for the result.
They were correct decisions, there isn't much to debate
Old 05.02.2018, 10:12 AM
Hall of Fame

Guess we get to beat the reigning SB camps twice next season then. Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

That Clement TD should have been overturned though, and 3 points instead of 7 could have been a game changer. I'm all in on the Ertz TD being the right call though, he was a runner who broke the plane imo.

I do wonder what role Goodell's pre SB comments about re-doing the catch rule played. The refs have to think the Commissioner knows it's messed up, the teams know it's messed up, the players and fans know it's messed up, so why should we apply it to the letter?
Old 05.02.2018, 10:37 AM
All Pro

I won't be surprised if Butler was replaced simply because he'd been ill, bb might just have got caught out being too smart.
Old 05.02.2018, 10:46 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Guess we get to beat the reigning SB camps twice next season then. Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

That Clement TD should have been overturned though, and 3 points instead of 7 could have been a game changer. I'm all in on the Ertz TD being the right call though, he was a runner who broke the plane imo.

I do wonder what role Goodell's pre SB comments about re-doing the catch rule played. The refs have to think the Commissioner knows it's messed up, the teams know it's messed up, the players and fans know it's messed up, so why should we apply it to the letter?
The Chris/Al commentary was really poor on the Ertz TD. It was reminiscent of the Jesse James play, but was clearly distinctly different, in that Ertz made a clear 'football move'. He clearly took possession, took about 2 steps (becoming a runner), before diving to break the plane. In sharp contrast, Jesse James falls over the goal line while making the catch, didn't survive the ground, never made a 'football move', so never had possession. Simple. I spotted this call immediately, and was flabbergasted to see Chris/Al debating it, saying it should be reversed etc. What were they looking at? Couldn't believe they didn't seem to spot the 'obviousness' of that call.

The Clement one probably was reversible, I agree, even though the degree of 'lack of control' was extremely minimal, which may be why he got away with it, along with the fact that everyone wants to see the Pats beat, bar Pats fans.

I don't agree with any changes to the catch rules. I think they are good. I had no difficulty on the Ertz one, and can't for the live of me figure out how many didn't see the clarity of that call, including unbelievably the two revered commentators.
Old 05.02.2018, 10:59 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollyrules View Post
People who’ve seen me post on this forum for years know I’m not a Patricia fan. Ever since he became DC he tries to be too clever with coverages and matchups and he’s very conservative. Even when we had the talent in 2014, our D crumbled in the playoffs under him.

I just don’t think he’s good. Definitely not good enough to be a HC. I guess I’ll be proved right or wrong over the coming years!
Such an easy call, to say Patricia won't be successful as HC of Detroit. I would mark it strong odds on that he won't be successful there. I've followed NFL awhile, and haven't seen a coaching CV enhanced in Detroit. Patricia will be no exception, I'd expect.

You let go Jamie Collins and win the superbowl, you get called the GOAT coach of all time. You let go Jamie Collins and get 41 points poured on your team in a superbowl, and you might get second guessed. 2-1 is 'a result' for the Pats in their last three superbowls, very 'lucky' to beat Seattle & Atlanta, so they ran out of 'lives' last night. 2-1 is about right. 3 & 0 would have been a bit of a stretch for the defenses in question, so yesterday sets the hstorical record straighter I think.
Old 05.02.2018, 11:12 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
Brady played his part he did well but they moved the ball fast, which might of hurt his own D.
and Brady made some errors too.

its a cruel and shameful way to treat a player.
not to even bother with a reason, any hints when he was told, as surely he must of been at least a week ago?
or its really weird planning.
I always thought he was 'promoted' beyond his physical capability for winning the 2014 superbowl. I think the Pats decided that they needed a better option, against Foles gunslinging capacity. Hugely ironic that the Pats managed to humiliate Butler on exactly the same stage that he became a hero on. Butler is a clever football player, and can make great plays as a db or corner, but I think he lacks the overall package to be a top starting corner in the NFL, especially going against the Eagles aerial toolkit. Why did they try to offload him to the Saints? Why did they acquire Gilmore? Sad to see him humiliated though.
Old 05.02.2018, 11:13 AM
All Pro

With the Ertz TD for once I think they called it spot on. He caught the ball and established himself as a runner so it couldn't be an incomplete pass. The ball broke the plain of the goal line before he hit the ground so it couldn't be a catch and a fumble. Even if it was he clearly recovered it himself.

That said somewhere Dez Bryant is still yelling and punching a wall in frustration!