NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 25.09.2017, 04:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoolymagooly View Post
Hi guys,

New user here.

After reading a lot of your posts, I'm stuck in the same boat as many of you.

Signed up to the NFL game pass 7 day trial last Sunday. Come Tuesday evening I got an email through saying I had been billed £139.99. As you'd expect I was fairly annoyed by them taking the money out well before the 7 days, however i was even more annoyed (and still am) that i log into my account and it says ' No active subscriptions'. So really I've forked out £139.99 for nothing whatsoever. Ive send two emails to the support 6 days ago and only had the one response of ..

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting the NFL Game Pass Europe Support team. Your request has been received and we will endeavor to respond to you as quickly as we possibly can.

While we process your request, please visit our FAQ page for potential solutions: https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/faq

Thanks,

NFL Game Pass Europe Support

Now had this happened, and my account had a full years subscription accessible to me, i would have turned a blind eye to the fact the payment came out early as I'm a big NFL fan and watch it every week. However since my account doesn't allow me to access it, I'm fairly annoyed.

Has anyone had luck getting refunds or replies?

Might phone my bank and see if they can do anything to reverse the charge since I have a page on Paypal clearly starting the start date of the trail, the fact it was a 7 day FREE trial, and the date I was due to send payment on.
I was able to get some actual help by sending a direct message to the Game Pass Europe twitter account (@NFLGamePassEU). They responded pretty quickly, double checked all my info, and were very polite and helpful. Game Pass Europe won back some good will from me with that exchange.

In my case, it turned out that I was somehow charged by Game Pass International (in GBP). Nothing in any of the emails from customer support previously indicated that fact, but their twitter rep noticed that the email address on the renewal notice was not the one for GP Europe. When I went to the GP International site (had to use a VPN), I indeed found that I'd been charged there...and still have no active sub! So I'm now requesting a refund from GP International, but that's already a lot of progress on sorting my issue. Unfortunately, GP International does not have a twitter account so having to go via the web-based support request system. Fingers crossed they don't use a bot to reply.
Old 01.10.2017, 07:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheStar View Post
In my case, it turned out that I was somehow charged by Game Pass International (in GBP). Nothing in any of the emails from customer support previously indicated that fact, but their twitter rep noticed that the email address on the renewal notice was not the one for GP Europe. When I went to the GP International site (had to use a VPN), I indeed found that I'd been charged there...and still have no active sub! So I'm now requesting a refund from GP International, but that's already a lot of progress on sorting my issue. Unfortunately, GP International does not have a twitter account so having to go via the web-based support request system. Fingers crossed they don't use a bot to reply.
In a similar situation.

Gamepass wasnt letting me access in the UK, so hit seven day trial and allowed Gamepass to bill me for the service - 139.99. Then subsequently found I had been charged just over £100 by Gamepass International - Gamepass Europe are aware of this but wont handle the complaint.

As an overseas worker, neither package really works for me so have tried to cancel both to no avail - indicating that at no point was zonal coverage mentioned, least of all with an automatic renewal.

Noe in Anguilla (British Overseas Territiory) and I get a message saying the service isn't available here even though it worked formthe Bears Packers game on Thursday (though no fricking idea if that was on Gamepass Europe/International or otherwise!!).

Total shambles - and looks like it will have to be a small claims court action on return to the UK - no reply from the request sent to Gampass International as yet (submitted a week or so back).
Old 02.10.2017, 07:51 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyH View Post
Total shambles - and looks like it will have to be a small claims court action on return to the UK - no reply from the request sent to Gampass International as yet (submitted a week or so back).
Unfortunately, they won't do anything until challenged. GamePass International initially refused to accept that they'd taken my money, even after I sent them a screenshot of my account page showing the transaction! Shortly after sending all the documentation to my credit card, they miraculously decided to grant a refund.
Old 10.10.2017, 12:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheStar View Post
Unfortunately, they won't do anything until challenged. GamePass International initially refused to accept that they'd taken my money, even after I sent them a screenshot of my account page showing the transaction! Shortly after sending all the documentation to my credit card, they miraculously decided to grant a refund.
I recieved my Gamepass Europe refund and subscription cancellation yesterday - basically after writing a stong letter of complaint detailing the process of court action I was intent on taking (small claims) and highlighting each of their breaches of trust. Also noted that trading standards would be notified.

Refund came less than twenty four hours later.

Now on to NFL International...
Old 10.10.2017, 01:25 PM
MVP

Just saw rip-off britain this morning. This is off memory, forgive for any slight inconsistencies.

Interesting indeed. Hopefully people are savvy about using credit cards as opposed to debit cards over the net with the credit card protection on products over £100.

Apparently with article 75 the credit card company is oblidged legally to refund on non provision of goods and services.

However, there is a legal loophole.

If companies, like a lot of smaller self startups and online business, use a payment merchant like WorldPay, Sagepay, Stripe etc.. then your bank is not legally required to provide a refund, it becomes a morality issue and selective.

The issue then needs to be raised with the payment merchant, not your bank to which your credit card is associated. The middle man loophole can be exploited. Be wary!!

I think Deltatre used RBS WorldPay for me.

The cynical 'rse in me, would probably wonder who owns these payment merchants and whether credit card companies and banks own some of these merchant to have selective choice on refunds or simply put, to exploit people as usual.

Last edited by Mark_Duper; 10.10.2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02.11.2017, 08:52 PM
Pro

I have received my refund for meltdown weekend, although for me it was around an hour. With exchange rate fluctuations it worked out a little more than 20%.
Old 07.11.2017, 02:42 PM
Rookie

Default Random Gamepass Payment

Has anyone else had an unexpected deduction from their credit card by Gamepass?

My renewal was taken on 4/8/17 - in Russian Rubles at £107.26 (+ a non sterling transaction fee of£3.21).

On 3/11/17 a further deduction of £21.20 just appeared on my credit card statement. (This time the amount was in sterling).

I have sent a query to Gamepass, via their site, asking for an explanation and receiving their automated "holding" letter. However, after reading comments on this thread I am not convinced that I will get any response.

Please check your statements to see if you have been debited also. My concern is that if they can do this at anytime how much will this subscription end up costing?
Old 08.11.2017, 10:42 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilRay1 View Post
Has anyone else had an unexpected deduction from their credit card by Gamepass?

My renewal was taken on 4/8/17 - in Russian Rubles at £107.26 (+ a non sterling transaction fee of£3.21).

On 3/11/17 a further deduction of £21.20 just appeared on my credit card statement. (This time the amount was in sterling).

I have sent a query to Gamepass, via their site, asking for an explanation and receiving their automated "holding" letter. However, after reading comments on this thread I am not convinced that I will get any response.

Please check your statements to see if you have been debited also. My concern is that if they can do this at anytime how much will this subscription end up costing?
Is it certainly a debit and not a credit. Looks like about 20% of what you originally paid so it could be your refund.
Old 09.11.2017, 10:26 AM
Rookie

Definitely a debit. I just wonder if they are claiming this as my original payment seems to be less than some other people have paid.
I guess I'll never know - Gamepass do not reply to correspondence!
Old 11.11.2017, 01:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit-fire View Post
Is it certainly a debit and not a credit. Looks like about 20% of what you originally paid so it could be your refund.
Thanks for your idea, I have checked with my credit card provider and they have corrected the entry on my on-line statement.
I am not sure why I have been paid this, as I have not (touch wood) had any issues with watching live or recorded games this season on my lap-top (plugged in to the TV).
I am very grateful for your input as, it would appear that Deltatre do not want to enter in to correspondence.

Tags
billing , gamepass , nfluk