How long have you been a packers fan - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Old 28.11.2010, 06:54 AM
Starter

Default How long have you been a packers fan

I have been a packers fan since 1987.
I watched it on ch4 and have always had loads of merchandise etc.
I listen to espn milwaukee on my computer i watch nfl.com i also watch CBS nfl and espn and fox sports,
i go and watch leicester falcons sometimes,
I am a big packers fan sometimes i am controversial but i want whats best for the team i love.
Old 29.11.2010, 12:31 PM
Starter

Been a Packer fan since '82ish. Just think its cool that the team is owned by the town. Got loads of merchandice too(much to her annoyance). Played a bit too,Southend Sabres,Basildon Colts/Braves. Loved every Minute of it,even though i wasn't very good.How many ex Bas players out there remember the win against Chelmsford? I do,still makes me laugh. Down 20 nil in the 4th,won 21-20. Sorted.
Old 29.11.2010, 04:17 PM
All Pro

Awww I'm the baby of the group (well, 24 year old baby)! I've only started following NFL properly this season. Did some reading / watching of teams and fell in love with the Packers

Getting a Rodgers jersey for Xmas off the missus too which will be my first
Old 29.11.2010, 04:39 PM
All Pro

Davie I'm only 17 so I think I beat you to that spot. Been a Packers fan about 4 years. An NFL fan for 5. Took me a year to decide on a team but I've never really regretted the choice any time during the 4 years. It was definitely the history, the loyal fans and the attraction of cold weather games which led me to supporting the packers.
Old 29.11.2010, 04:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfanmurray View Post
Davie I'm only 17 so I think I beat you to that spot. Been a Packers fan about 4 years. An NFL fan for 5. Took me a year to decide on a team but I've never really regretted the choice any time during the 4 years. It was definitely the history, the loyal fans and the attraction of cold weather games which led me to supporting the packers.

I wish I'd have discovered NFL years ago. I feel like I've missed so much! (obviously I have but you know what I mean)

Here's to many glory filled Packers years to come
Old 29.11.2010, 09:51 PM
Starter

Been a Packers fan since 2002, caught the end of the playoff loss to Vick and the Falcons in the snow and started following every game from 2003.

Haven't missed a Packers game since 2006 whether it be on sky, espn, ch5, ch4 or gamepass.

Take the morning off work if we play on SNF or MNF, you cant beat live sport!

Spent a fortune travelling to Green Bay to see Favre play, turned out the game I saw was his 3rd last game at Lambeau. Since then Ive watched them in San Francisco in a preseason game as well as again at Lambeau against Buffalo in 2009. GF is a teacher so limited as to when we can go, next time i go to Lambeau it'll be on my own!

The office in our house is full of Packers stuff, Riddell helmet, cheese head, game tickets, photos and i thought i was doing well till i worked in a guys house around the corner who has converted the upstairs of his garage into a Packer shrine!

All in all a full blown Packers fan!
Old 30.11.2010, 12:04 PM
Starter

Im still waiting on my first visit to Green Bay,been to NY for baseball but football is my first love.Hoping that the Packers come to Wembley soon but cant see it being as the home team.Would put a considerable amount of money on the Packers being the last team to be asked to give up a home game.

Last edited by Metspacker; 30.11.2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 30.11.2010, 07:03 PM
Starter

I've been a Packers fan since before i was interested in the Sport, started really from looking through the results sections in the Newspaper, and having a team i looked for in every sport, i chose the Pack for the Gridiron results. Really got into the sport at the tail end of the 08 season, and this season i've only missed one GB game, due to being at the IS game at Wembley